Home & Garden

⚡⚡⚡Paint colour at model homes

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2020 11:18 am
[OP]
Member
Jun 17, 2017
239 posts
35 upvotes

⚡⚡⚡Paint colour at model homes

I prefer light bright grey earthy tone colour schemes, does anyone know which colours do most of the model homes use (see photo below)? Thx

PS: I'm currently using Sherwin William's paint
Images
  • red1.JPG
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2623 posts
1609 upvotes
Alliston, ON
Repose Grey and Agreeable Grey are probably the 2 most popular from Sherwin Williams
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1357 posts
1343 upvotes
^ Seconded, I particularly like "Repose Grey" and have used it in my principal residence as well as all my rentals (when they need to be painted). It looks great and goes with everything.

As for the picture you posted, too hard to tell due to paint colours looking different depending on lighting. But I don't think you can go wrong with "Repose Grey".
[OP]
Member
Jun 17, 2017
239 posts
35 upvotes
jk9088 wrote: ^ Seconded, I particularly like "Repose Grey" and have used it in my principal residence as well as all my rentals (when they need to be painted). It looks great and goes with everything.

As for the picture you posted, too hard to tell due to paint colours looking different depending on lighting. But I don't think you can go wrong with "Repose Grey".
Thanks, however my stairway and hallway in really dark, I'm concerned that repose grey would make the areas even darker...
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22774 posts
21607 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Most model homes have a book they keep with a list of the finishes they used
Call them to ask for details
If you saw something you liked

We did this back in the 90s after touring a Lottery Dream House

Came home, contacted the builder
Who gave us the list of all the paint colours used by the Designer / Decorator

We had just bought a new house
And were about to move in
Hired a painter, and copied the colour scheme
It was awesome

Friends used to visit and comment how everything went so well together
We would *wink* and say a Decorator picked the colour palette

Which was ... TRUE

It just wasn’t our house that the Designer / Decorator had the contract on
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1654 posts
1998 upvotes
I painted my condo "paperclip" when I sold it -- go that route, clean, light, airy.
<signature length too long>
[OP]
Member
Jun 17, 2017
239 posts
35 upvotes
superscoots wrote: I painted my condo "paperclip" when I sold it -- go that route, clean, light, airy.
you mean "paperclip" is the name of the colour? From which paint store? Thx
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1654 posts
1998 upvotes
healsio wrote: you mean "paperclip" is the name of the colour? From which paint store? Thx
I don't remember, just Google paperclip, probably Benjamin Moore
<signature length too long>
Member
May 31, 2017
332 posts
88 upvotes
I struggled with getting a grey tone I liked, which didn't make our dark home even darker. There's a Behr colour called Elemental Grey. It's really nice but too dark. I had them do a 10% mix of that, and it's perfect in my opinion. Bright, no weird undertones, and just the right amount of colour. (I also have a lid with the colour details if you want it).
[OP]
Member
Jun 17, 2017
239 posts
35 upvotes
breads wrote: I struggled with getting a grey tone I liked, which didn't make our dark home even darker. There's a Behr colour called Elemental Grey. It's really nice but too dark. I had them do a 10% mix of that, and it's perfect in my opinion. Bright, no weird undertones, and just the right amount of colour. (I also have a lid with the colour details if you want it).
yes, can I see the label please? Thx

Top