Expired Hot Deals

Uber Eats

Uber eats $10 off any order (September 29th only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 11:23 am
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3536 posts
1307 upvotes
Montreal
No minimum? so my total $10.01 is good enough?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9759 posts
4075 upvotes
Toronto
Uber knows something we don’t.
Trying to chub up us up and turn us into soylent green
Last edited by ShoNuff2 on Sep 29th, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2128 posts
1915 upvotes
Again, why are you comparing the take-out price with delivery price?
umopapisdnwei wrote: Upvoted cause it works, but the inflated prices and added fees jack up the price. This item is $7.99 + tax ($9.03) at the restaurant...

Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2972 upvotes
you cannot do pickup with this?
Sep 21, 2004
10826 posts
5546 upvotes
Calgary
badOne wrote: you cannot do pickup with this?
Yes you can, except UE's restaurant pick up availability pales compared to Skip or Door Dash.
Feb 18, 2013
39 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
How do you change the pickup time? I don't see the option...
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3541 posts
1808 upvotes
Waterloo
Is there an easy way to see which restaurants offer pick up?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2972 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: Yes you can, except UE's restaurant pick up availability pales compared to Skip or Door Dash.
so not all restaurants offer pickup is what you mean? I didnt even see the option to change from deliver to pickup on the ubereats website.

Edit: nevermind found it thanks!
Last edited by badOne on Sep 29th, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1063 posts
1231 upvotes
Kitchener
naticom wrote: Again, why are you comparing the take-out price with delivery price?
He isn't. Even if he was:
The jacked up prices don't magically go down if you switch to pickup.
So this 7.99 item would still cost 10.25 there for pickup.

(and in my area, 90% there is no comparison anyways because almost no restaurants allow uber eats for pickup)
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1509 posts
1035 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
umopapisdnwei wrote: Upvoted cause it works, but the inflated prices and added fees jack up the price. This item is $7.99 + tax ($9.03) at the restaurant...

Some restaurant inflate their Uber Eats prices it's really the restaurant's decisions. I sometimes check online to see how much the actual prices should be, if they greatly inflate on Uber Eats I won't support that restaurant.
Small order fee can be avoided if you order $12+
Delivery and Service Fees can be avoided if you choose pick up, but not all restaurants let you do pick up.
Tips are defaulted in the app, but can be set to zero... that's what I do :p
Last edited by Feb30th on Sep 29th, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14217 posts
9673 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
yeah, on app select 'PICKUP'.
crystallight wrote: Is there an easy way to see which restaurants offer pick up?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5885 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: so not all restaurants offer pickup is what you mean? I didnt even see the option to change from deliver to pickup on the ubereats website.

Edit: nevermind found it thanks!
There's a filter that you can select that will show places that do pickup. You can also search places by name after you select the pickup filter. I'm picking up bbt. Just had to pay tax.
Aug 30, 2019
967 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
LoganX wrote: If you can... select the option for pickup. Saves you the service/delivery fee and also tips.
should be added in summary or op to see actual savings rfd way. if you order something $10.01 with coupon, what's the point if you end up paying $9.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1063 posts
1231 upvotes
Kitchener
badOne wrote: so not all restaurants offer pickup is what you mean? I didnt even see the option to change from deliver to pickup on the ubereats website.
Yes.
And yea that too, uber eats website is trash, literally has no pickup option, only on the app and only very select restaurants.

Most restaurants opt out of the pick up option, because unlike skip/door dash, uber eats pick up fee is the same as delivery, usually something insane like a 20-30% cut on top of a monthly fee. So while restaurants know its a good ideal to let you order online, if they have some alternative like there own site/app or competitor, they usually opt out of uber eats pickup.

Skip I don't believe allows restaurants to opt out of pick up, at least none in my area do that, (and there fee's are much lower). Doordoes does, but plenty in my area allow pickup.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2972 upvotes
No issues getting drivers to deliver to you with a $0 tip?
Feb 23, 2011
90 posts
154 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Great, haven't cooked for the last two weeks with all of the Uber and Skip promos. Would be nice if they partnered up with a gym chain to give us membership promos in the future.
Jun 7, 2008
76 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton
Nice! I was able to order in some Freshii to work today. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2972 upvotes
A question, so i ordered for pickup tonight, but the ubereats website doesnt actually say if my cc was used to prepay the order, or whether to pay that amount once i arrive. This is so odd.

Based on experiences, how does this work? Did ubereats use my cc profile from last time to pay for the order already, and i just go pick it up, or do i have to pay at pickup??