Images
  • IMG_6073.jpg
  • IMG_6072.jpg
20 replies
Mar 26, 2009
295 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Tried to use this last week, and any food retailer who had free delivery automatically charged ~$4/delivery when this code was applied. I suggest also checking with restaurants directly, many are doing discounts on curbside pick-up and hits them less on their bottom line during these times.
Dec 15, 2017
172 posts
177 upvotes
Stittsville
I noticed that recently Ubereats removing free delivery when you apply discount codes.
Mar 15, 2008
304 posts
129 upvotes
MOOCer wrote: I noticed that recently Ubereats removing free delivery when you apply discount codes.
Its because the free delivery is counted as a promotion so you need to pick one or the other.

On the other hand, if you choose one of the options under $0 Delivery Fee thats timed (share a delivery with a nearby driver) you can get the free delivery and use the coupon. At least thats what I did last week. Just be aware of the service fee they charge, I never ever order from Uber Eats without a promotion.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2779 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Decivox wrote: Its because the free delivery is counted as a promotion so you need to pick one or the other.

On the other hand, if you choose one of the options under $0 Delivery Fee thats timed (share a delivery with a nearby driver) you can get the free delivery and use the coupon. At least thats what I did last week. Just be aware of the service fee they charge, I never ever order from Uber Eats without a promotion.
where are you getting your promo codes?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1219 posts
1907 upvotes
Order from restaurants directly if you can. Delivery companies take 30% commission from every order when takeout is barely keeping them afloat.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Feb 20, 2006
245 posts
154 upvotes
aintic wrote: Order from restaurants directly if you can. Delivery companies take 30% commission from every order when takeout is barely keeping them afloat.
I pick up in person if i can. the commission charged by the delivery companies are ridiculous.
Dec 2, 2010
262 posts
295 upvotes
Terrace
aintic wrote: Order from restaurants directly if you can. Delivery companies take 30% commission from every order when takeout is barely keeping them afloat.
If it is cheaper to have something delivered as is the case with the promotion on this thread for most restaurants then I am going to choose that option. Restaurants are a business, not a charity. If they want to avoid paying 30% they can either offer their own delivery service which seems to be rare these days or offer a take-away discount to encourage people not to use these services.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13611 posts
3684 upvotes
GTA
Tried to place an order, entered promo card...as I was about to pay Uber added a free delivery promo saving 99 cents instead. Tried to switch to my 20% off promo and it was gone and could not be re-added. No order here
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2077 posts
1105 upvotes
Ottawa
Most of these restaurants can't even be bothered to offer discounts on pick up orders, yet complain about paying commissions to delivery companies.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2086 posts
500 upvotes
Scarborough
I've been to a few restaurants giving 15% off for pick up orders. I guess it's better than giving 30% to Uber.
Jul 20, 2012
674 posts
167 upvotes
Air Force One
Just confirming, when you order pickup through UberEats (or any of the food delivery apps), they don't charge the store commission?
Feb 20, 2006
245 posts
154 upvotes
Use Doordash if you can

https://www.canadianpizzamag.com/doorda ... -partners/

DoorDash reduces commission fees by 50% for restaurant partners
  • zero commission fees for 30 days for independent restaurants in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Australia who sign up with DoorDash and Caviar for the first time
  • zero commission fees for all existing DoorDash and Caviar partners on pickup orders
  • the addition of more than 100,000 independent restaurant partners to DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription program which offers $0 delivery fees for consumers
  • the reduction of commissions for merchant partners already in DashPass
  • the commitment of up to $20 million in merchant marketing programs to generate more revenue for restaurants that are already on DoorDash
Sep 3, 2009
706 posts
380 upvotes
Calgary
Is there any risk of contact coronavirus by ordering pick up or delivery food? My wife is paranoid, she stops me from ordering food from restaurants, asks me to cook instead.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1436 posts
1277 upvotes
zywan0124 wrote: Is there any risk of contact coronavirus by ordering pick up or delivery food? My wife is paranoid, she stops me from ordering food from restaurants, asks me to cook instead.
Of course there is and it depends on the restaurant or store.

Anyone handling or touching your food has a chance to infect any part of it.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1122 posts
841 upvotes
zywan0124 wrote: Is there any risk of contact coronavirus by ordering pick up or delivery food? My wife is paranoid, she stops me from ordering food from restaurants, asks me to cook instead.
Minimal, but wash your hands after bringing the food into your home. Transfer to your own containers and throw away the bag and containers. Wash your hands again. Then eat. You should be fine if you do this.
Jan 8, 2010
163 posts
276 upvotes
I have no idea how Uber calculated the 20% off my order, but my discount is slightly greater than 20% off the total of food + service fee + delivery fee + tip. Works out better than 20% off food and free delivery.