Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Uber Eats

$30 Off First Order

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2022 9:01 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1910 posts
399 upvotes
Vancouver
Crichtonfan wrote: Uber can track a lot more than address.

Your device ID and specs, your browser information, your network details and IP address etc, your phone number and so on.
I am using a new iPad, though on the same network, and my phone number has never been used (though it is a VOIP Hushed number lol).
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3127 posts
2958 upvotes
Antarctica
Leshita wrote: I am using a new iPad, though on the same network, and my phone number has never been used (though it is a VOIP Hushed number lol).
How did they let you create an account with VOIP? My hushed, TextNow, textPlus etc numbers don’t work at all.

If it was before VoIP numbers were banned, or you somehow slipped in, may be their promo guard caught you using a VoIP phone number and thus disabled the promo.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1910 posts
399 upvotes
Vancouver
Crichtonfan wrote: How did they let you create an account with VOIP? My hushed, TextNow, textPlus etc numbers don’t work at all.

If it was before VoIP numbers were banned, or you somehow slipped in, may be their promo guard caught you using a VoIP phone number and thus disabled the promo.
I honestly have no idea, I just created the account a few days ago and it just works. I can receive text just fine.

Previously I have a Fongo VOIP number used for another account as well.
Apr 5, 2013
160 posts
224 upvotes
Leshita wrote: I am using a new iPad, though on the same network, and my phone number has never been used (though it is a VOIP Hushed number lol).
I’m assuming that a gift was used? I’ve tried this method on my kids tablet using a virtual number and new email but get an error when an order is made.I think it has to do with my credit card (even a new one) being in my my name and this stops the purchase.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1910 posts
399 upvotes
Vancouver
deserran wrote: I’m assuming that a gift was used? I’ve tried this method on my kids tablet using a virtual number and new email but get an error when an order is made.I think it has to do with my credit card (even a new one) being in my my name and this stops the purchase.
Yes, I used a gift card, no credit card was ever entered into the new account.
But I did input the same address for home as my current account so I hope that does not screw things up.

May I ask what was the exact error message you received when you placed your order?

By the way, I just virtual chatted and they said a specialized team will get back to me in a few days regarding my "ineligibility" for this promo, fingers crossed. :)
Apr 5, 2013
160 posts
224 upvotes
Leshita wrote: Yes, I used a gift card, no credit card was ever entered into the new account.
But I did input the same address for home as my current account so I hope that does not screw things up.

May I ask what was the exact error message you received when you placed your order?

By the way, I just virtual chatted and they said a specialized team will get back to me in a few days regarding my "ineligibility" for this promo, fingers crossed. :)
More or less that the account is not eligible for this promo.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1407 posts
911 upvotes
Freshto wrote: Last year I tried this with Uber GC and guess what ? Account blocked and GC money cannot be used since account is blocked
1- Small claims Court.
2- win
3- spend winnings to order from competition
4- post pics of food and court order on Twitter and #tag uber
5- win again
Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12143 posts
111569 upvotes
Ontario
Leshita wrote: Yes, I used a gift card, no credit card was ever entered into the new account.

uber GC?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1910 posts
399 upvotes
Vancouver
deserran wrote: More or less that the account is not eligible for this promo.
Hm, I am thinking of removing my Home address, will that help, and will I be able to input my address again in the future?
The fine print says this change will be permanent so it got me worried. lol
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3154 posts
1335 upvotes
Thornhill
Leshita wrote: Hm, I am thinking of removing my Home address, will that help, and will I be able to input my address again in the future?
The fine print says this change will be permanent so it got me worried. lol
My friend got permabanned for tweaking several accounts like tthis. Be careful
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
8735 posts
4356 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
32berries wrote: Upvoted. But, I do wonder who the mythical unicorn is that has never used Uber Eats before, especially now after COVID.
Me.....
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1910 posts
399 upvotes
Vancouver
Bencherstyle wrote: My friend got permabanned for tweaking several accounts like tthis. Be careful
Oh man, I should've used a VPN for my new account.
I hope they do not ban me as I do not plan on making anymore accounts plus I already added Uber cash into the account. :/
This account is for me dad. :)