Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Uber Eats

$50 off your first grocery of $100+

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2022 8:06 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3428 posts
3602 upvotes
Montreal
ArchZeratul wrote: Two questions:

1) For those living in apartment buildings, are the delivery people equipped with a cart or something to make carrying the groceries easier? Should I meet them in the lobby to give them a hand?
2) There was an offer a while back of $20 off Walmart orders, did using that offer preclude use of this one?

Thanks
I am shopper. No we are not equipped with nothing so be mindful when you order. I have had orders of 10 cases of drinks which almost broke my back.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3428 posts
3602 upvotes
Montreal
ArchZeratul wrote: Got my groceries.

Even though nobody asked, my thoughts:

I ordered through the web app. A chat opened up when my Shopper accepted the job. He checked in with me, was super friendly and was smart about picking out substitutions for stuff that was out of stock. The online inventory does not accurately reflect in-store stock. For example, Pepsi was OOS online but was in stock in-store which he picked as my substitution for Coke which was OOS in-store but not online (lol).

The web app also shows sales on some items but applies the discounts inconsistently (sometimes per-item, sometimes per-order, and gave used French descriptions randomly). I got the $50 off with an order of ~$97, but not ~$96...

When my Shopper was done, I got an update and was shown his Wyze location. He got stuck in traffic and messaged me to update me about it. My suggestion, try to order in a way that doesn't get them stuck in traffic since they're probably not paid per hour and my guy spent about half an hour not moving at all.

I helped him bring the groceries in, he was again very friendly and was grateful for the helping hand.

The produce all looks good to me, substantially better than what I usually see at Walmart and Superstore. I got three re-usable bags (Cornershop branded) with the order. My Shopper also had an insulated bag he brought some ice cream, soy milk and yogurt in. Not sure if that's his own or issued by the company. Everything was bagged way more competently than usual stores (eg. no small/soft things with heavy/hard things, cold stuff together, etc.)

Overall great experience. Will consider doing it again with promotions or if the fees/premiums are reasonable. Please tip these guys generously and give them a hand where you can since it's pretty time consuming work.
Thanks for the kinds words! I am shopper since day 1 and we strive for cusotmer satisfaction. We are different in that we are your personal shopper not like when you order with Wal-Mart or metro. Whatever you need we will get and ask you if you approve alternatives. And yes the reusable bags are an added bonus! Once again it depends who your shopper is but an OG shopper will make sure you have a pleasant experience.
Jul 3, 2001
850 posts
259 upvotes
GTA
Just got my orders delivered. Mostly Netflix gifts cards. All gc's activated no problem.

This service is kinda creepy, I feel really bad for the shopper/delivery folks. I'm making some random person go into a grocery store during COVID, to pick up stuff and wait in line for me. They are being paid who knows how much, likely barely minimum wage. I really hope they have protections from customers screwing with them on item substitutions, etc... the whole service feels like a black mirror episode.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3428 posts
3602 upvotes
Montreal
Binden wrote: Just got my orders delivered. Mostly Netflix gifts cards. All gc's activated no problem.

This service is kinda creepy, I feel really bad for the shopper/delivery folks. I'm making some random person go into a grocery store during COVID, to pick up stuff and wait in line for me. They are being paid who knows how much, likely barely minimum wage. I really hope they have protections from customers screwing with them on item substitutions, etc... the whole service feels like a black mirror episode.
I'll tell you that the more different SKU items you order the more we make as a Shopper! If you refund everything we barely make anything
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2700 posts
1758 upvotes
Markham
danzerino wrote: I'll tell you that the more different SKU items you order the more we make as a Shopper! If you refund everything we barely make anything
Oh so my order of just 2 gift cards meant the shopper spent at most 5 mins at the store, but the down side is make less on the order ?
Will keep that in mind next time.
Mar 14, 2021
3 posts
I tried today but the Uber gift card "hack" not work anymore? I can't find the option to add gift cards except for Galleria (which comes to $90)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7556 posts
3820 upvotes
danzerino wrote: I'll tell you that the more different SKU items you order the more we make as a Shopper! If you refund everything we barely make anything
Curious what is the norm for Uber grocery tipping? Assume an order of roughly $75 with 10 different SKU. I have never ordered Uber grocery before

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)