Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Uber Eats

BOGO Promos on until Mar 28

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2022 8:26 am
27 replies
Apr 24, 2020
159 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa
Quiznos has some decent "Sammie's" that are not bad for $8-9 (Two): Black Angus Steak and Cool Ranch Chicken...
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2641 posts
13795 upvotes
Is it me or some restaurants really trying to scam customers with fake BOGO deals like they would increase the regular price and then offer BOGO...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7961 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
Spiritualx wrote: Is it me or some restaurants really trying to scam customers with fake BOGO deals like they would increase the regular price and then offer BOGO...
Yup that's exactly what restaurants do. From what I recall, Uber's cut is about 20-30% so restaurants will just increase menu prices on Uber by the same %.
If you do plan to order, I suggest checking out the restaurant's menu (online, google reviews) to get a sense of the markup. It's generally a good deal when there is either no markup, or less than 10%.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1037 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
Spiritualx wrote: Is it me or some restaurants really trying to scam customers with fake BOGO deals like they would increase the regular price and then offer BOGO...
I don't believe these BOGO offers have anything to do with the restaurants. I.E. it's purely an UberEats promotion. So unless the store sees the BOGO and then decides to raise the price, a lot of the price discrepancies have already existed prior to the promo. I know many stores charge more on the app vs if you went into the store yourself.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1154 posts
1162 upvotes
trixR4kids wrote: Yup that's exactly what restaurants do. From what I recall, Uber's cut is about 20-30% so restaurants will just increase menu prices on Uber by the same %.
If you do plan to order, I suggest checking out the restaurant's menu (online, google reviews) to get a sense of the markup. It's generally a good deal when there is either no markup, or less than 10%.
To add to this, Jack Astor's is same as the restaurant dine-in price on Uber. Though, they offer 15% off on pickup or free delivery.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2641 posts
13795 upvotes
Andrew4Life wrote: I don't believe these BOGO offers have anything to do with the restaurants. I.E. it's purely an UberEats promotion. So unless the store sees the BOGO and then decides to raise the price, a lot of the price discrepancies have already existed prior to the promo. I know many stores charge more on the app vs if you went into the store yourself.
hmm ok so Uber decides on what restaurants get the BOGO? I thought that it was the restaurant.. Anyway I know that the Uber prices are always marked up but it does feel sometimes that its almost double price of the regular price and then BOGO gets applied, so comes up to almost the same.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7787 posts
4089 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: hmm ok so Uber decides on what restaurants get the BOGO? I thought that it was the restaurant.. Anyway I know that the Uber prices are always marked up but it does feel sometimes that its almost double price of the regular price and then BOGO gets applied, so comes up to almost the same.
How it works is if the restaurant chooses to participate, Uber will partially subsidize the deal when its 1 of these app-wide BOGO banner events. I believe typically Uber is subsidizing about half of the BOGO (each buy $10 item get $10 item free, Uber is kicking in $5 so Uber is contributing half of the free item). Every day there are restaurants that have BOGO on Uber, but those regular everyday BOGO deals are not subsidized by Uber
Nov 4, 2019
118 posts
105 upvotes
Bunch of locations near me stopped bogo already on the 2nd day lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
5245 posts
4711 upvotes
Sucks the good chain location near me isn't participating in BOGO but a worst location is...
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12445 posts
2189 upvotes
Andrew4Life wrote: I don't believe these BOGO offers have anything to do with the restaurants. I.E. it's purely an UberEats promotion. So unless the store sees the BOGO and then decides to raise the price, a lot of the price discrepancies have already existed prior to the promo. I know many stores charge more on the app vs if you went into the store yourself.
The store definitely chooses what is included in the promo.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2641 posts
13795 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: The store definitely chooses what is included in the promo.
Yeah that makes sense, they don't usually want to do BOGO on low profit items or items that sell out easily anyway.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1037 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: The store definitely chooses what is included in the promo.
Really? I asked a store once and they said it's an UberEats promo, they don't know anything about it.
Mar 14, 2018
705 posts
893 upvotes
Thanks. Mostly just bubble tea and pizza places near me. No deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1949 posts
3102 upvotes
Toronto
A&W 2 chubby chicken combos for $12? Yes.
Nov 22, 2020
138 posts
243 upvotes
Just going to grab some sugar infused lactose drink I guess
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12445 posts
2189 upvotes
Andrew4Life wrote: Really? I asked a store once and they said it's an UberEats promo, they don't know anything about it.
They either lied or more likely the person just didn't know. Ubereats have reps that deal with the restaurant for this stuff but they just deal with one person that makes decisions for the restaurant.
Nov 7, 2017
38 posts
16 upvotes
Ontario
I noticed a lot of prices are much higher in UberEats. For example, when I tried to place an order at Ono Poke in Markham, the price to get 2 bowls costs me more than 32 dollars, but when I order in the store, it's only 22 dollars.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25237 posts
204847 upvotes
GTA
BarBurrito has BOGO all week (Bean Burrito & Bowl or Mild Chicken Burrito & Bowl) as part of this promo.
Feb 8, 2020
149 posts
239 upvotes
Another scam - they just add 1 or 3 items in Bogo. Now a user at least opens that restaurant and might order a non BOGO item as well. Especially extras such as drinks.