Hot Deals

Uber Eats

Free 6 months Uber Pass with ANY Aeroplan Visa YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 2:47 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 27, 2009
659 posts
570 upvotes

[Uber Eats] Free 6 months Uber Pass with ANY Aeroplan Visa YMMV

Retailer:
Uber Eats
More offers from Uber Eats
Just logged in to Uber Eat app and the offer banner pops.
I have my TD Aeroplan Visa added as primary payment.
I just clicked to accept the offer using the banner.
No email of this promotion in my email.

After I accepted the offer, checked my Uber Pass status, it says good until April 2022. I always have Uber pass and I may get one extra month than others as this month has been paid for.

Update: looks like it works for all Aeroplan Visa for 3, 6, 12 months free depending on the tier of card.
Images
  • AD9722E8-9B31-409D-8943-93C7E4F03138.jpeg
Last edited by cho1104 on Sep 8th, 2021 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
187 replies
Sr. Member
Dec 14, 2017
608 posts
502 upvotes
Vancouver
WOWWW thx op!

Legit!

1) Added TD AP VI to Uber eats as primary
2) Went to Uber Pass

This popped up!


A2D78FC9-E1C2-4498-AEC5-449B00BA893C.jpeg
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 27, 2009
659 posts
570 upvotes
oneyedpirate wrote: WOWWW thx op!

Legit!

1) Added TD AP VI to Uber eats as primary
2) Went to Uber Pass

This popped up!


A2D78FC9-E1C2-4498-AEC5-449B00BA893C.jpeg
Thanks for screen capping this. I accepted the offer too quick and forgot to do a screenshot.
Jr. Member
Dec 24, 2018
136 posts
53 upvotes
Confirmed pop-up when adding the card.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2212 posts
829 upvotes
Tried adding TD Aeroplan card as well but I don't get the offer, probably either because I have a gift card balance that defaults to primary or because I've had uber pass before.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1598 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed working with CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite as well
Images
  • Screenshot_20210908-010930_Uber Eats.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210908-010951_Uber Eats.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1598 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like every Aeroplan card is eligible
Images
  • Screenshot_20210908-011814_Uber Eats.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2528 posts
1803 upvotes
Calgary
Shows up on mine. Says good until March 2022. The terms say you will get either 3,6 or 12 months free which I am guessing is probably dependent on which tier of Aeroplan card you connect.

Anyone know if you can sign up and then immediately cancel (to avoid future charges)? Or do you need to wait until 48 hours before the free period ends to cancel?

Edit: Answered my own question

If you choose to opt out of your Complimentary Uber Pass subscription prior to the end of your Complimentary Pass Benefit Window by turning off the auto-renew functionality in the Uber Eats App or Uber Rides App or if you cancel or remove your Eligible Card from your Uber account, your Complimentary Uber Pass subscription will be canceled at the end of the current month of your Complimentary Pass Benefit Window.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1064 posts
204 upvotes
toronto
So if you switch to another primary payment method you lose the free uberpass.

Would loading paying via Ubercash be a workaround if you keep the AP Visa card selected as primary payment method?

Can someone with ubercash test this and see if they can pay an order entirely via ubercash while selecting AP as primary payment method? Or does the AP card still need to pay for some of the order to qualify for the free pass?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1105 posts
364 upvotes
I'm only getting 1 month free. How are you making the card primary. I see no option, but I deleted remaining cards just in case that was causing the deal to not show. However, no luck
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1598 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
Scavos wrote: So if you switch to another primary payment method you lose the free uberpass.

Would loading paying via Ubercash be a workaround if you keep the AP Visa card selected as primary payment method?

Can someone with ubercash test this and see if they can pay an order entirely via ubercash while selecting AP as primary payment method? Or does the AP card still need to pay for some of the order to qualify for the free pass?
You must use the Aeroplan card. Makes this offer not as good unless you have the Amex Aeroplan cards with 10x eats and drinks

Update: looks like you can use uber cash as long as the Aeroplan card is set as the primary payment method
Images
  • Screenshot_20210908-020027_Uber Eats.jpg
Last edited by yesnomaybe on Sep 8th, 2021 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
Dec 25, 2017
40 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
I got the offer, signed up and then was charged. I've had Uber Pass before and also have money from a gift card. Just wanted to make sure others are aware of this before signing up.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1064 posts
204 upvotes
toronto
yesnomaybe wrote: You must use the Aeroplan card. Makes this offer not as good unless you have the Amex Aeroplan cards with 10x eats and drinks

Boo or if you’re trying to hit MRS on other cards. Did you have enough ubercash to cover the whole order or only partial? Tempted to cancel and just pay for uberpass so I can use the card of choice…

Maybe an order that’s paid for in part via the AP card would work?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1598 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
Scavos wrote: Boo or if you’re trying to hit MRS on other cards. Did you have enough ubercash to cover the whole order or only partial? Tempted to cancel and just pay for uberpass so I can use the card of choice…

Maybe an order that’s paid for in part via the AP card would work?
Yes I had enough uber cash. I don't think you can pay in part with the card
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 16, 2008
4406 posts
1973 upvotes
Thanks OP! For some reason mine ends on March 7 2022, but I'll take it.
Member
User avatar
Dec 8, 2013
448 posts
228 upvotes
British Columbia
wow. i literally just subscribed to UE pass :(
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1598 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
Scavos wrote: Boo or if you’re trying to hit MRS on other cards. Did you have enough ubercash to cover the whole order or only partial? Tempted to cancel and just pay for uberpass so I can use the card of choice…

Maybe an order that’s paid for in part via the AP card would work?
Oh hold on, I think I got it to work. Just need to select Aeroplan card as primary payment method then enable Apply Credits. When I tried earlier I think I had Google Pay set as the primary payment method
Images
  • Screenshot_20210908-020027_Uber Eats.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1506 posts
1009 upvotes
Near You
Thanks OP, in for deal. Guess I'm getting a bunch more uber gift cards now.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 27, 2009
659 posts
570 upvotes
ilove wrote: Thanks OP! For some reason mine ends on March 7 2022, but I'll take it.
I always have Uber pass and that may be why I have an extra month coz I have already paid for this month.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1105 posts
364 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: Oh hold on, I think I got it to work. Just need to select Aeroplan card as primary payment method then enable Apply Credits. When I tried earlier I think I had Google Pay set as the primary payment method
Where?. Do you see that option in Uber Wallet?

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

EveryLurker, SWstriker17