Expired Hot Deals

[Uber Eats] Get 75% discount on your first 4 orders (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2020 12:32 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1456 posts
1438 upvotes
naticom wrote: I also got the $30 off for first order. Anyone knows if I use the $30 off first will the 75% off disappear?
I used the $30 yesterday and the 75% is gone now. Not sure if bug or what.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8827 posts
1897 upvotes
London
got "promotion cannot be applied using current device " when trying to add promo
Sep 6, 2017
104 posts
28 upvotes
Got the email, promo code didn't work, contacted uber, said usage of promo is in violation of fraud policies? What, this is my only account.
Oct 5, 2016
133 posts
53 upvotes
Got this same email 4 times now... never works...
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1343 posts
1220 upvotes
Because both promos are for first orders so if you use either of them the other one will disappear automatically..
Bubblegum86 wrote: I used the $30 yesterday and the 75% is gone now. Not sure if bug or what.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1456 posts
1438 upvotes
naticom wrote: Because both promos are for first orders so if you use either of them the other one will disappear automatically..
I know. I took the $30 vs the $20 :)
Aug 3, 2019
352 posts
204 upvotes
after i got this email i re-downloaded uber eats and did 3 orders in the past 2 weeks, pretty good promo. Uninstalled again tho , not a fan of that high delivery fee+delivery tax
Nov 22, 2011
936 posts
207 upvotes
Got the email twice and it stills says my account isn't eligible.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2009
1039 posts
155 upvotes
ottawa
Thanks.
I worked for me.
I never used b4.
A flash of confidence and brilliance is quickly lost in a pool of blood.
Jun 29, 2017
337 posts
1095 upvotes
Thanks OP. We would have missed this otherwise.

We're in Ottawa and decided to give Uber Eats a try.

So far we've been disappointed. One order arrived cold. Another order was cancelled by Uber Eats after the restaurant marked it as ready for pickup.

We also signed up for the free Eats pass for a month, but still get charged a delivery fee even though our order is over $15. We see the "Spend $15 to get free delivery with your Eats pass", which goes away once we pass the threshold, but no matter how much we spend, the delivery fee is still there. Anybody else experiencing this?

Order #1. Subway. Seems expensive. Three 6" subs + 1 chips + 1 orange juice. Subtotal was $40 before discount. After discount it was $26.07 ($3 service fee, $5 delivery fee). Seems pricey.

Order #2. The Works. Food arrived cold. We were okay with the price on this. $6.62 service fee. $4.99 delivery fee (despite uber eats pass).

Order #3. Bambu. Uber cancelled the order despite it being ready at the restaurant. There was no email notification or app notification, which is frustrating. We only noticed when we went in the app to see if there were any updates. We called the restaurant and they said the order was ready awhile ago, but Uber cancelled it after they marked it was ready for pickup. They didn't have our contact info or a way to get in touch with Uber. So they delivered it directly and we paid them directly. Food was on the cooler side though.
Last edited by robfun on Oct 31st, 2020 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 5, 2015
32 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
robfun wrote: Thanks OP. We would have missed this otherwise.

We're in Ottawa and decided to give Uber Eats a try.

So far we've been disappointed. One order arrived cold. Another order was cancelled by Uber Eats after the restaurant marked it as ready for pickup.

We also signed up for the free Eats pass for a month, but still get charged a delivery fee even though our order is over $15. We see the "Spend $15 to get free delivery with your Eats pass", which goes away once we pass the threshold, but no matter how much we spend, the delivery fee is still there. Anybody else experiencing this?

Order #1. Subway. Seems expensive. Three 6" subs + 1 chips + 1 orange juice. Subtotal was $40 before discount. After discount it was $26.07 ($3 service fee, $5 delivery fee). Seems pricey.

Order #2. The Works. Food arrived cold. We were okay with the price on this. $6.62 service fee. $4.99 delivery fee (despite uber eats pass).

Order #3. Bambu. Uber cancelled the order despite it being ready at the restaurant. There was no email notification or app notification, which is frustrating. We only noticed when we went in the app to see if there were any updates. We called the restaurant and they said the order was ready awhile ago, but Uber cancelled it after they marked it was ready for pickup. They didn't have our contact info or a way to get in touch with Uber. So they delivered it directly and we paid them directly. Food was on the cooler side though.
I used to use ubereats in ottawa for two years until I moved back to toronto a few years ago. I feel ubereats service in ottawa is not as reliable as toronto. not sure if it's the road, culture or diversity of drivers in ottawa, but I did have many low quality deliveries (spilled food, super late, taking detours for no reason, etc). Always make sure to report those deliveries to ubereats. not sure if same markup is applied for both ottawa. I do recall ottawa delivery fees in general more expensive than toronto.
Oct 1, 2018
135 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
I got this and finally used it for a lunch order. First time using UberEats. Sub total was $25.20. After Service Fee, Delivery Fee, Tax, and deducting the discount, all in all came to $16.37 out of pocket.

Those fees really do eat into everything
Oct 23, 2014
290 posts
202 upvotes
Laval, QC
oicthat2013 wrote: does it work on pickup? pickup saves on the delivery fees
YES, but not available for all restaurants .
Oct 1, 2018
135 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
oicthat2013 wrote: does it work on pickup? pickup saves on the delivery fees
It does but I don't remember seeing a pickup option for this restaurant. I may be mistaken, Plus it was quite a distance away so i opted for the delivery
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1764 posts
158 upvotes
Are these promos for new accounts, when do they expire? Are they still active?