75 upvotes

Takeout Day 20% off delivery orders of $30+

Savings:
20%
Expiry:
April 29, 2020
Retailer:
Uber Eats
Use promo code TAKEOUTMEALS for 20% off delivery orders of $30+ from local restaurants.

Valid until midnight, Apr 29.
13 replies
Dec 5, 2012
157 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
outoftheblue wrote: Use promo code TAKEOUTMEALS for 20% off delivery orders of $30+ from local restaurants.

Valid until midnight, Apr 29.
Was waiting for this post. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1768 posts
9636 upvotes
Reminder that Uber Eats takes 30% of your order total (before delivery fees/etc) from the restaurant as commission.

The whole point of take out day is to support small local restaurants & business, and ordering through food delivery apps leaves less profit in their pocket. If it's a restaurant you'd never travel to anyway then fair, but if the restaurant is near you it's best to pick up the order to support them the most.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1644 posts
626 upvotes
Montreal
Doesn't work for me, tried on my gf's account as well
Dec 10, 2006
832 posts
261 upvotes
Japan
Valid for pick up orders, save the delivery fee and delivery tips.
Sep 18, 2010
223 posts
159 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Reminder that Uber Eats takes 30% of your order total (before delivery fees/etc) from the restaurant as commission.

The whole point of take out day is to support small local restaurants & business, and ordering through food delivery apps leaves less profit in their pocket. If it's a restaurant you'd never travel to anyway then fair, but if the restaurant is near you it's best to pick up the order to support them the most.
k so the restaurants can get their own delivery drivers then, problem solved

But they don't, because they still make more with delivery services
Apr 16, 2019
402 posts
444 upvotes
Screenshot_20200429_191142_com.ubercab.eats.jpg
Screenshot_20200429_191203_com.ubercab.eats.jpg
n-ster wrote: Doesn't work for me, tried on my gf's account as well
Try asking their support for help. I saw this offer on my app, see attached screen grabs and the conditions of the offer. Hope this helps :)
Aug 26, 2016
30 posts
6 upvotes
rageguy wrote: Valid for pick up orders, save the delivery fee and delivery tips.
Dont mind me asking.. where does one find the pick up option on uber eats?
Aug 17, 2012
386 posts
486 upvotes
Victoria
Leverage wrote: Reminder that Uber Eats takes 30% of your order total (before delivery fees/etc) from the restaurant as commission.

Yeah but the restaurants raise their prices to compensate for that. If the restaurants charged the same price and took a 30% hit then it wouldn't be worth it for them to use the service.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13683 posts
8694 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Order direct from restaurant...cheaper too!

I found out Mr Greek had their own online ordering and I saved $15 bucks! Compared with Uber Eats.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2153 posts
753 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
audioarchetype wrote: Yeah but the restaurants raise their prices to compensate for that. If the restaurants charged the same price and took a 30% hit then it wouldn't be worth it for them to use the service.
Some restaurants don't raise their prices on UberEats though.

Mind you, even though it's "free delivery fees" UberEats still take a 10% overall service fee so UberEats still take their cut from you, plus the 30% from the restaurant.

I'd rather do pick-up if possible so the entire profit goes directly to the restaurant.
Aug 17, 2012
386 posts
486 upvotes
Victoria
JKKim2983 wrote: Some restaurants don't raise their prices on UberEats though.

Mind you, even though it's "free delivery fees" UberEats still take a 10% overall service fee so UberEats still take their cut from you, plus the 30% from the restaurant.

I'd rather do pick-up if possible so the entire profit goes directly to the restaurant.
I'm not advocating for Uber Eats or delivery services in general. If anyone is able to support restaurants in a way that is more direct then I encourage it. I'm just saying that, in most cases, that 30% fee is being transferred to you as an increase in food prices.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1648 posts
635 upvotes
koowhip wrote: Dont mind me asking.. where does one find the pick up option on uber eats?
Top left of the screen, right underneath where it says ASAP -> 123 My Address Street