Vancouver

Takeout Day 20% off orders $30+

Savings:
20%
Expiry:
May 6, 2020
Retailer:
Uber Eats
The offer detail says "20% off delivery orders" but last week I was able to use the discount and do a pickup. So try to pickup if the place is nearby so most profit goes directly to the local restaurants.

Promo code: TAKEOUTWED

Expires midnight, May 6.
38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8766 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
Fyi Uber still takes a big cut if you do pickup through the app. If you really want to support the restaurant just call and do a pickup order. It would help them a ton.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2563 posts
638 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: Fyi Uber still takes a big cut if you do pickup through the app. If you really want to support the restaurant just call and do a pickup order. It would help them a ton.
A bunch of Toronto restaurants are trying to get a boycott going. More info here:
https://nowtoronto.com/food-and-drink/f ... t-toronto/

This deal is probably to help offset that bad publicity.

(not criticizing the deal, just sharing info, thanks for posting OP)
Aug 4, 2010
275 posts
197 upvotes
Montreal, QC
It says this offer is only valid in: Calgary, Edmonton, Greater Sudbury, Halifax, Hamilton, Kingston, Kitchener-Waterloo, Lethbridge, London, Ont, Niagara Region, Ottawa, Peterborough, Red Deer, Regina, Saskatoon, Sault Ste. Marie, Thunder Bay, Toronto, Vancounver, Victoria, Windsor, Winnipeg

So no Quebec :(
Mar 18, 2011
80 posts
47 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The terms says valid in Canada, but then when I try to use it, it lists specific cities only. Not for Montreal :(
Dec 11, 2008
45 posts
31 upvotes
toronto
I'd like to support the uber driver trying to meet his family needs.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2563 posts
638 upvotes
utrkos wrote: I'd like to support the uber driver trying to meet his family needs.
It's a hard balance because we need to support the businesses themselves as well, or else there will be far fewer businesses to deliver from.
Sep 9, 2003
488 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
jaktor wrote: So try to pickup if the place is nearby so most profit goes directly to the local restaurants.
Is there somewhere on the site that allows me to filter restaurants that allow pickup? Or is this an app only feature?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1001 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
Tsuioku wrote: Is there somewhere on the site that allows me to filter restaurants that allow pickup? Or is this an app only feature?
There is a "Pickup" filter at the top of your screen.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5225 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
If you are really interested in supporting your local restaurants instead of some giant american tech corp, order from the restaurant directly.
Mar 18, 2008
421 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
I actually called my local wild wings and asked them for 20% off instead of ordering from uber to get the 20%.

They were happy to give 20% off and for me to pick it up.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1713 posts
1074 upvotes
Calgary
Did pickup from Kinjo in Calgary last weekend. They are giving 20% off for pickup as long as you call them directly. They had a large amount of curb side pickups when I went (1 hour wait for pickup) and they also had another side door setup for curb side Skip, Uber Eats etc delivery drivers which was very crowded. Figured I saved myself at least $20 by doing call in pickup and then the restaurant also wins by making more money off my order.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6360 posts
1011 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I've stopped using delivery apps since the food items are always higher, plus they tacked on delivery/service charge on top. This is before I've learn that they get cut from the restaurant as well, so they are profiting off both sides.

So I just order directly from the restaurant, and both sides benefit.
Last edited by number8888 on May 6th, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Dec 10, 2006
815 posts
226 upvotes
Japan
My local restaurant is offering 10% off if you order from them and pick up. But if I order from UberEats and pick up myself today, I get 20% off. Since this is RFD and we're all about the savings, guess UberEats will get my money today.