Expired Hot Deals

[Uber Eats] UberEats 30% off Orders $50+ (Targetted)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 9:01 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 10, 2014
1 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Uber Eats] UberEats 30% off Orders $50+ (Targetted)

Savings:
30% off
Expiry:
August 10, 2020
Retailer:
Uber Eats
More offers from Uber Eats
Receive 30% off orders of $50+. Not sure if deal is targetted.

*This discount will be applied automatically to your account. This offer is valid in Vancouver only and expires on Aug. 10, 2020 12:00AM. The offer is valid for up to 30% off orders of $50 or more (before taxes and fees). Discount is available on your next 5 orders only. You must receive this email directly from Uber Eats to be eligible. Taxes, Delivery Fee, and a 10% Service Fee still apply. Small Order Fee of $2 applies to orders under $12. Offer may not be combined with other offers. Offer valid for a maximum discount of $20. Terms are subject to change. See the Uber Eats app for details.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200807-103545_Gmail.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 7th, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
31 replies
Jr. Member
Jun 30, 2019
192 posts
389 upvotes
Works in Quebec as well I guess?, just got the email.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1146 posts
816 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Got this and previously a 20% off max $10.

Won't partake this time since there currently aren't any compelling pick-up options. Maybe a Korean one but we'll see.
Sr. Member
Oct 26, 2003
936 posts
128 upvotes
Ottawa
Holding out for 50% off like last time...
Newbie
Feb 16, 2019
13 posts
15 upvotes
You can get to the $50 threshold if you buy from a restaurant that does B1G1. The $50 threshold is applied to the pre discount total.

For example B1G1 item that is $25. You will have two items in your cart that = $50. This will meet the $50 requirement for the coupon. Your total would look like this:

Subtotal: $25
Promotion: $7.50
Taxes: $3.25
Total: $20.75
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2012
1259 posts
779 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
These guys are starting to get on my nerves...so 10% service fee equals $5 in this case plus delivery fee.

You could order $100 worth of food via SKIP and still only pay just the flat rate delivery based on distance.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1146 posts
816 upvotes
VANCOUVER
canucks4life wrote: These guys are starting to get on my nerves...so 10% service fee equals $5 in this case plus delivery fee.

You could order $100 worth of food via SKIP and still only pay just the flat rate delivery based on distance.
Or don't use them.

But if you do use them, you're getting 30% off which translates to 20% off if you account for the service fee.

So you're basically upset about saving 20% with Uber compared to 0% with Skip? I'm more angry about hunting for skip and door dash codes, where as Uber eats just adds the codes directly to my account. I have 5 30% codes and 1 20% with no minimum.

Personally, I'm taking a break from these services.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 13, 2013
834 posts
570 upvotes
The way that Ubereats is charging the tax on both the food before the discount and the increased service fee seems really slimy. I’ve attached two photos below that show with a 35% discount you’re still barely saving anything. I really don’t understand how they get away with charging the tax on the $50. When you go to a store and get something that’s 40% off they don’t charge you tax on the original price, it’s absurd.

After this I won’t be using them again anymore, that’s the only way to actually protest these types of things. (Besides the fact that Uber lost nearly $2 billion over the last three months). Just don’t go in expecting to actually save the listed amount. It’s deceiving.
Images
  • CD160E27-B4DA-4DFF-957A-ED45E673DCB2.jpeg
  • ACF29228-8CAD-4F50-B0F3-BAE9DDC23D00.jpeg
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1146 posts
816 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Wasp14 wrote: The way that Ubereats is charging the tax on both the food before the discount and the increased service fee seems really slimy. I’ve attached two photos below that show with a 35% discount you’re still barely saving anything. I really don’t understand how they get away with charging the tax on the $50. When you go to a store and get something that’s 40% off they don’t charge you tax on the original price, it’s absurd.

After this I won’t be using them again anymore, that’s the only way to actually protest these types of things. (Besides the fact that Uber lost nearly $2 billion over the last three months). Just don’t go in expecting to actually save the listed amount. It’s deceiving.
Here's the thing. As consumers, you're dealt the cards, it depends on how you play them.

I personally don't do delivery with Uber as it's a rip. Yes. I said it. You definitely save money but only a fraction of what you thought you would. But honestly, that's in plain view... as adults, most would be happy to have food delivered for LESS than the pick-up price because there's value being added.

As some others alluded previously. The value is in picking up the orders as there's no service charge or delivery fees. In fact, some people have gotten 30-50% of adult beverages. Wink wink.

PS: what exactly are you protesting? Uber is subsidizing your food delivery where the you actually save money and don't have to leave the house.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 13, 2013
834 posts
570 upvotes
b31770 wrote: As some others alluded previously. The value is in picking up the orders as there's no service charge or delivery fees. In fact, some people have gotten 30-50% of adult beverages. Wink wink.

PS: what exactly are you protesting? Uber is subsidizing your food delivery where the you actually save money and don't have to leave the house.
Your points are all valid, and like you said customers can see value in having the food delivered without doing much. I think it was a tad hyperbolic of me to suggest that I’m “protesting” anything, but I think whenever possible from now on if I’m ordering takeout I’ll first attempt to see if I can get it from the restaurant directly. That way Uber doesn’t get any fees and the restaurant will instead.
Newbie
May 3, 2020
2 posts
I used Uber Eats for pick up, and I got one wrong item and two missing sides during my last order-noticed when I got home. The restaurant apologized, and asked that I please request a partial refund for the items from UE... I didn't even get a sorry from UE...
Good deal, but expect abysmal customer service from UE is something goes bad.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1146 posts
816 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Wasp14 wrote: Your points are all valid, and like you said customers can see value in having the food delivered without doing much. I think it was a tad hyperbolic of me to suggest that I’m “protesting” anything, but I think whenever possible from now on if I’m ordering takeout I’ll first attempt to see if I can get it from the restaurant directly. That way Uber doesn’t get any fees and the restaurant will instead.
Yes I agree.

But I wish the restaurants would make it easier to order directly. As it stands, I find there's a disconnect, and Uber and others seem to fill that gap.

Top