Expired Hot Deals

[Uber Eats] Up to 30% Off Pick Up Orders (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2020 10:11 am
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
75 posts
252 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

[Uber Eats] Up to 30% Off Pick Up Orders (YMMV)

Savings:
30% off
Expiry:
August 23, 2020
Retailer:
Uber Eats
More offers from Uber Eats
Looks like UberEats is capitalizing on the absolute disaster that was DoorDash cancelling their promo and is offering something. Check your app and email.
Images
  • 6DCCA3D7-1D42-4A31-A5F7-D39E6FBA8FE7.jpeg
Last edited by RDodds on Aug 20th, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
75 posts
252 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Pkmangg wrote: Its only orders in the US.
Mine is working. Got 25% off though.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1180 posts
811 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just got an email. Thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12132 posts
3277 upvotes
Scarberia
problem with ue, u gotta remember ur phone number, i did a random texnow number, it keeps asking for sms verification before u hit order..so i cannot order lol
What are you craving?
Get 40% off
Order great food in a snap. With so many restaurants to choose from, every meal is just a few taps away. Get 40% discount on your first 4 orders With a maximum discount of $8.

Enter this code at checkout:
eatnow2
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6380 posts
833 upvotes
Ottawa
Why is ue charging tax on pre discount pricing? Isn’t this fraud?!
Images
  • CD7E40EC-7A29-41C4-ABF7-B042A0FB3F01.png
May 6, 2006
78 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Also got the offer, used it last night it worked.
Sep 8, 2004
237 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
What's the point of using a delivery app to order takeout (serious question)? The menu pricing up to 50% higher (average 30% in Toronto) plus delivery fee (which I guess the "pick-up" doesn't charge), so why not just call the restaurant ahead and place your order, or using their own online ordering system?

Heck, even if you have to go in person to order, most if not all takeout/delivery menu items are short order, so by the time one enters all the information on the app, you could have just ordered in person and the wait would have been about the same, plus $$$ savings. This is RFD after all! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

(CBC Marketplace report on higher app pricing)
Jun 12, 2010
112 posts
253 upvotes
cheap sk8 wrote: What's the point of using a delivery app to order takeout (serious question)? The menu pricing up to 50% higher (average 30% in Toronto) plus delivery fee (which I guess the "pick-up" doesn't charge), so why not just call the restaurant ahead and place your order, or using their own online ordering system?

Heck, even if you have to go in person to order, most if not all takeout/delivery menu items are short order, so by the time one enters all the information on the app, you could have just ordered in person and the wait would have been about the same, plus $$$ savings. This is RFD after all! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Some places don't have an online menu let alone ordering system, because they rely on Ritual, Uber Eats, etc. From what I have seen the prices in-store and through their pickup menu are the same, but some do bake in higher prices into their delivery menu.

Some places I've called before also don't have native English speakers taking the orders, so modifications get missed, sometimes menu items come out completely different. When it's in writing through an online order it's usually a lot more reliable and you can go get mistakes fixed if they do happen.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1227 posts
1102 upvotes
Sorry most of the restaurants I ordered in GVA do not jack up the price on UE, if yes, it’s 10% at most.

I can still take advantage of the frequent 30-50% off coupons + discounted UE gift cards.
Nov 20, 2017
154 posts
174 upvotes
cheap sk8 wrote: What's the point of using a delivery app to order takeout (serious question)? The menu pricing up to 50% higher (average 30% in Toronto) plus delivery fee (which I guess the "pick-up" doesn't charge), so why not just call the restaurant ahead and place your order, or using their own online ordering system?

I can't take you seriously when you say things like "This is RFD after all!" when you're so seriously misinformed about this. Firstly never use BlogTO as a legit source for anything, secondly those articles you linked are barely even supporting the point you're making "Menu prices are inflated 30% avg in Toronto" and lastly they are all sensationalized pieces which can pick and choose the examples & criteria in the stats they present to support their title which generates clicks.

Don't even get me started on waiting for people ahead of you in line to order who didn't bother to take a look at the menu til they got to the register and were asked what they'd like...

I save $10 every time I order sushi for my GF & I downtown Toronto when I order for pickup through uber eats with a discount rather than calling the restaurant and ordering for pickup. This is RFD after all!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1648 posts
3308 upvotes
Markham

I don't know what the "average price they jack it up by" is, but it's completely meaningless to me. The restaurants I order from don't jack up the price, and that's all that matters to me. For other people, same deal with restaurants they order from. Couldn't care less if the price is jacked up for places I never order from anyways.
Dec 20, 2012
980 posts
794 upvotes
Surrey
I got 25% off on 4 orders, with a max discount of $8. I normally wouldn’t spend over $30, so I guess it’s alright. Not a fan of their service though.

On a side note, do these stack with the referral bonus?
Oct 12, 2008
60 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
I got some promos from Uber Eats - $10 off with $35 minimum order and 30% off for pickup. So I've placed 5 orders with different restaurants in Toronto: seafood, healthy vegetarian food, sushi and Greek restaurant. After reading this thread, I compared the prices for each item that I ordered with takeout prices on the restaurant website, and there was a markup on each item from 25% (expensive seafood restaurant) to 12.5% (Greek) . I picked up everything myself, so there was no additional fees for the service.
Clearly if there is 25% markup on the app + you pay taxes on that, you save almost nothing even with 30% off promotion.
Mar 21, 2011
467 posts
364 upvotes
Got the same promo however it didn't apply properly so have been given the bounce around by the service rep (count is up to 8 reps with having to explain the issue and sending screenshots after screenshots!) I guess my mistake to expect any service from Ubereats.