Expired Hot Deals

Uber Eats

Up to 75% off next 2 delivery orders by renewing your Uber Pass (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2022 8:22 pm
[OP]
May 21, 2013
127 posts
1064 upvotes
Ontario

[Uber Eats] Up to 75% off next 2 delivery orders by renewing your Uber Pass (YMMV)

Savings:
75% off
Expiry:
May 23, 2022
Retailer:
Uber Eats
More offers from Uber Eats
Got an email to renew my Uber Pass, see below for terms and conditions:

Enjoy your long weekend with up to 75% off your next 2 delivery orders (maximum $15 discount per order) when you restart your Uber Pass subscription before Monday May 23rd.

YMMV - check your app as well for the offer. I had a weird experience where I renewed but wasn't charged (it was treated like the 1-month free trial even though I've had the pass before) but I still got the 2 75% off orders in my promotions after adding the Uber pass to my account.
uber1.jpg
uber2.jpg
uber3.jpg
IMG_8396.PNG
IMG_8395.PNG
IMG_8397.PNG
54 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1370 posts
2496 upvotes
s'toon
Id like to confirm this as well. The renewal terms state that you will be charged on the 30th day and you can cancel 48 hours prior, so i expect to be not charged if cancelled 2 days before.

I also received the email and had uber pass before.
Jul 13, 2006
143 posts
58 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Seanne wrote: Id like to confirm this as well. The renewal terms state that you will be charged on the 30th day and you can cancel 48 hours prior, so i expect to be not charged if cancelled 2 days before.

Would like to know that as well , did you renew the pass?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1370 posts
2496 upvotes
s'toon
catcatcat wrote: Would like to know that as well , did you renew the pass?
Not yet, but OP did and was not charged. Will wait till the 23rd to maximise time because i dont need the coupon for now.
[OP]
May 21, 2013
127 posts
1064 upvotes
Ontario
Seanne wrote: Not yet, but OP did and was not charged. Will wait till the 23rd to maximise time because i dont need the coupon for now.
So far, I'm saying it's YMMV as I can't confirm everyone will get a free 1-month trial. I'm not sure if other people had the same experience but like I said I've had the pass before so I'm not sure why I was offered a 1-month free trial. It could possibly be an error or they are just doing a promotion that includes a free 1-month pass. I feel like it's an error on their part so I would like to know if everyone else is encountering the same thing. If it's actually an error on their end, they might fix it before the 23rd so just keep this in mind.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1261 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
Seanne wrote: Id like to confirm this as well. The renewal terms state that you will be charged on the 30th day and you can cancel 48 hours prior, so i expect to be not charged if cancelled 2 days before.

To you and OP - when you clicked "join" did the pop up to pay say $0 or $9.99? I have this offer in app but says 9.99 when i click to join. And where do you see these terms that state you will be charged on the 30th day?

Mine says "youll be charged 9.99 plus applicable taxes or the current Uber Pass rate when billing ends on June 20, 2022." To me that reads as the terms/notice you agree to for autimatic billing, given that when i hit join now it says 9.99 (which i guess im consentint to)
[OP]
May 21, 2013
127 posts
1064 upvotes
Ontario
bpboop wrote: To you and OP - when you clicked "join" did the pop up to pay say $0 or $9.99? I have this offer in app but says 9.99 when i click to join. And where do you see these terms that state you will be charged on the 30th day?

Mine says "youll be charged 9.99 plus applicable taxes or the current Uber Pass rate when billing ends on June 20, 2022." To me that reads as the terms/notice you agree to for autimatic billing, given that when i hit join now it says 9.99 (which i guess im consentint to)
Can't remember exactly what I had on my screen but mine said something along the lines of "Try for free, 1-month trial", so it might be YMMV on the renewal of membership (either $0 or $9.99). But again I 100% have purchased a pass before and on multiple occasions have cancelled it. I also double checked and can confirm I wasn't charged anything for adding the pass today and on the app it says I'll only be charged $9.99 on Jun 20, 2022 unless I cancel before that date.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1370 posts
2496 upvotes
s'toon
bpboop wrote: To you and OP - when you clicked "join" did the pop up to pay say $0 or $9.99? I have this offer in app but says 9.99 when i click to join. And where do you see these terms that state you will be charged on the 30th day?

Keep going on the bolded text, it also states that you can cancel 48 hours before that date.
Images
  • Screenshot_20220520_164852_com.ubercab.eats.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1261 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
SuPaChaos wrote: Can't remember exactly what I had on my screen but mine said something along the lines of "Try for free, 1-month trial", so it might be YMMV on the renewal of membership (either $0 or $9.99). But again I 100% have purchased a pass before and on multiple occasions have cancelled it. I also double checked and can confirm I wasn't charged anything for adding the pass today and on the app it says I'll only be charged $9.99 on Jun 20, 2022 unless I cancel before that date.
Oh, hmm. I guess it isn't free for me, mine doesn't mention the trial
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1261 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
Seanne wrote: Keep going on the bolded text, it also states that you can cancel 48 hours before that date.
Have you successfully gotten a free month? Im pretty sure this is saying you wont be charged for the second month if you cancel and outlining cancellation of auto renew, not saying you wont be charged upfront as well.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1370 posts
2496 upvotes
s'toon
bpboop wrote: Have you successfully gotten a free month? Im pretty sure this is saying you wont be charged for the second month if you cancel and outlining cancellation of auto renew, not saying you wont be charged upfront as well.
Hmmmm. Will subscribe in 2 days for the 75% and update.
May 22, 2009
611 posts
1124 upvotes
Canada
Its not a glitch. It will charge you at the end of 30 day cycle and says so in the fine print

Subscription will auto-bill starting one month from initial enrolment at the then-current monthly rate. You can cancel your membership anytime without fees or penalties. For cancellations less than 48 hours prior to renewal, head to Help in the Uber app navigation. See app for availability, fees, terms, and conditions.

So ya just cancel it 48hrs before the renewal date and it wont charge you.
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1261 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
pwned.u wrote: Its not a glitch. It will charge you at the end of 30 day cycle and says so in the fine print

Subscription will auto-bill starting one month from initial enrolment at the then-current monthly rate. You can cancel your membership anytime without fees or penalties. For cancellations less than 48 hours prior to renewal, head to Help in the Uber app navigation. See app for availability, fees, terms, and conditions.

So ya just cancel it 48hrs before the renewal date and it wont charge you.
As mentioned, I don't think thats what this means. You aren't "auto billed" when you initially sign up, because you agree to the payment at that time. Auto billing begins on your second payment (one month later).

OP noted above that theirs specifically mentioned a one month free trial, not just that it was buried in the terms ...
May 22, 2009
611 posts
1124 upvotes
Canada
bpboop wrote: As mentioned, I don't think thats what this means. You aren't "auto billed" when you initially sign up, because you agree to the payment at that time. Auto billing begins on your second payment (one month later).

OP noted above that theirs specifically mentioned a one month free trial, not just that it was buried in the terms ...
You should read the OP again. He said " It was treated like a one month free trial even though I've had it before". There is no mention in the email or on uber that this is a 1 month free trial

I got the same email. I've also had a trial uber pass before. Word for word the fine print says "Subscription will auto-bill starting one month from initial enrolement..." You interpret it as they are charging you for the first month, and the second month is when the auto billing starts. But that is not what it says.
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Nov 12, 2017
806 posts
901 upvotes
Pretty good timing with the UBER BOGO deal going on
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1261 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
pwned.u wrote: You should read the OP again. He said " It was treated like a one month free trial even though I've had it before". There is no mention in the email or on uber that this is a 1 month free trial

I got the same email. I've also had a trial uber pass before. Word for word the fine print says "Subscription will auto-bill starting one month from initial enrolement..." You interpret it as they are charging you for the first month, and the second month is when the auto billing starts. But that is not what it says.
In a comment above OP said "mine said something along the lines of try a one month free trial"

That is what it says, though. Your initial payment is NOT an auto-bill. Its not automatic, its manual. Autobilling, recurring payments, etc all start at the second payment, not the first. Ill eat my words if you dont have a message about a free trial specifically, agree on the popup to the $9.99 and arent charged until next month.
May 22, 2009
611 posts
1124 upvotes
Canada

bpboop wrote: In a comment above OP said "mine said something along the lines of try a one month free trial"

That is what it says, though. Your initial payment is NOT an auto-bill. Its not automatic, its manual. Autobilling, recurring payments, etc all start at the second payment, not the first. Ill eat my words if you dont have a message about a free trial specifically, agree on the popup to the $9.99 and arent charged until next month.
Read. Dude. your own words. In bold. "You will be charged ... when billing ends" how is that any more straightforward. If you do not understand that, I don't know what else to say.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1370 posts
2496 upvotes
s'toon
bpboop wrote: In a comment above OP said "mine said something along the lines of try a one month free trial"

I dont think the op is accurate though, not likely to be offered a free month after cancellation.
pwned.u wrote: Read. Dude. your own words. In bold. "You will be charged ... when billing ends" how is that any more straightforward. If you do not understand that, I don't know what else to say.
Cant really tell 100% until someone renews without a charge, but the terms do say that you will not be charged 48 hours prior as per my weak understanding.

bpboop argues that the no charge refers to the following billing and not the current one, but that might not be correct because subscriptions charge on day 1 i think.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1261 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
pwned.u wrote: Read. Dude. your own words. In bold. "You will be charged ... when billing ends" how is that any more straightforward. If you do not understand that, I don't know what else to say.
I've done these renewal offers several times now, and nothing about this wording or the process are different than in the past. If it's a free month, they're hiding it well and I'm not sure what marketing purpose that would serve.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1261 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
Seanne wrote: I dont think the op is accurate though, not likely to be offered a free month after cancellation.
FWIW doordash actually did an exact promo like that recently. "Come back to dashpass and we'll waive the first month fee." Maybe uber is doing something similar to targeted users and OP was one of them.