Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Uber Eats

UPDATED: YMMV, $15 off, min. $35 order, no pickup, expires 13 June 2022 NOT EXPIRED

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2022 8:07 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2005
3834 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
Code worked but pick up only yikes
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4982 posts
4421 upvotes
GSD wrote: Code worked but pick up only yikes
Pickup only?!? Either you hit the jackpot or typo...

Leaning towards the latter...
Member
Sep 30, 2003
477 posts
6 upvotes
Thank you! I didn’t get an email but this worked even though I had one that worked last week. So thank you for making these type of threads! It’s appreciated!
Jr. Member
May 4, 2020
177 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
I hate how its delivery only... Would much prefer pick up sigh
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2005
3834 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
GSD wrote: Code worked but pick up only yikes
Oops! Delivery only, probably got too excited to even get a working code.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 27, 2006
10912 posts
754 upvotes
Scarborough
Delivery only is worse than pickup but not bad overall (still about 40% to 50% off) the total order.

Received a code last week and received it again this week. First time ever to have the code work two weeks in a row.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2006
3583 posts
366 upvotes
Richmond
I had some 75% codes that I let expire because no pickup.

With the extra service charge, delivery fee, tips, markup, even after 75% off it's more or about the same as directly ordering and picking up, especially since the discount is capped at $15, forcing you to do small orders where the fees and tip are a large proportion of the cost. Unless you stack with BOGO deals.

This only makes sense for people who would've needed to order delivery anyways. Not for people jumping on this as a "deal".
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
8075 posts
8562 upvotes
Calgary
One month and counting waiting for a 50$ refund for a wrong delivery. Terrible performance.
Jr. Member
Jan 10, 2017
158 posts
140 upvotes
How do I use this code? Is it entered when ordering? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
$15 max discount...

-$5 service fee
-$1 to $5 delivery charge
-$5 driver tip
-10 to 25% menu price markup on Ubereats app

You'll save more money by going there or order directly by calling.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2004
1248 posts
738 upvotes
Markham
[email protected] wrote: I had some 75% codes that I let expire because no pickup.

With the extra service charge, delivery fee, tips, markup, even after 75% off it's more or about the same as directly ordering and picking up, especially since the discount is capped at $15, forcing you to do small orders where the fees and tip are a large proportion of the cost. Unless you stack with BOGO deals.

This only makes sense for people who would've needed to order delivery anyways. Not for people jumping on this as a "deal".
Yep. Which is why I'm planning on updating with the latest code. There have been times where I've wanted to order delivery and any discount would have been good.
James8 wrote: How do I use this code? Is it entered when ordering? Thanks!
Under "Account" >> "Promotions", then choose "Enter code".
It should apply automatically to any order.
WL1980 wrote: $15 max discount...

-$5 service fee
-$1 to $5 delivery charge
-$5 driver tip
-10 to 25% menu price markup on Ubereats app

You'll save more money by going there or order directly by calling.
IOW, you'll save more money by [not getting delivery].

The markups mean that my local restaurant is still making their usual margin. The discount means that the cost of having it delivered is about the same as ordering directly and picking it up. And the cost is all borne by the venture capitalists propping up an unsustainable business model. I consider that a win
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2004
1248 posts
738 upvotes
Markham
bump for new code:

YUMMYCAN_1L5 (75% off, max $25, no pick up)
Offer expires at Mar 21, 2022 10:00AM. The offer is valid for up to 75% off of 2 orders only. Offer is limited to 1 order per customer. You must receive this email directly from Uber to be eligible. Other fees may apply. Offer is valid for a maximum discount of $25. You must apply the promo code in the app before completing your order. Offer may not be combined with other offers. See the Uber Eats app for details. Pickup excluded. Exclusions Apply, See the Uber Eats app for details.
Note the increased discount, last 2 codes were for max $15, now it's max $25
Newbie
Jul 5, 2019
21 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks OP, didn't get an email but put the code in and it worked.
Member
User avatar
Dec 23, 2016
265 posts
251 upvotes
got an email and noticed the max discount is now $25.

I guess they realized no one is using them since all the fees will more than offset the discount lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2005
3834 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
Worked again for me. Thx OP
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2004
1248 posts
738 upvotes
Markham
dattroll123 wrote: got an email and noticed the max discount is now $25.

I guess they realized no one is using them since all the fees will more than offset the discount lol
That would make sense, but there seems to be neither rhyme nor reason.

It's been $25 max lots of times previously, and it's been $15 lots of times.

Sometimes it works on the account that hasn't been used for a while, sometimes it's on the account that placed last week's order.
Member
Sep 30, 2003
477 posts
6 upvotes
Thank you for posting these! Upvoted. If it wasn’t for these threads I wouldn’t have known these worked (last ones did). So kudos to those who post these. Ignore the haters.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7556 posts
3820 upvotes
After delivery charge, service fee, & tip, max $15 discount worked out to be $3 discount vs me picking it up (i priced it out but did not end up placing the order). I usually only order Uber if the deal is really good, & much prefer pickup as I find all the fees really add up quickly. I mean its a great deal for people who only order delivery but I usually prefer to pickup myself, sometimes I even walk instead of drive depending on how far it is (good to burn some calories before I eat lol)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2004
1248 posts
738 upvotes
Markham
HP_John wrote: After delivery charge, service fee, & tip, max $15 discount worked out to be $3 discount vs me picking it up (i priced it out but did not end up placing the order). I usually only order Uber if the deal is really good, & much prefer pickup as I find all the fees really add up quickly. I mean its a great deal for people who only order delivery but I usually prefer to pickup myself, sometimes I even walk instead of drive depending on how far it is (good to burn some calories before I eat lol)
Sure, it isn't that great a deal. But it's still a win. Look at it this way:

A local restaurant I like is getting business. Because they increase their price to deal with the Uber fees that they pay (at least the ones I order from do), they're not out any money and are just getting my business.

A delivery person gets to work. I'm assuming if it isn't worth their time, they'll stop doing it. So delivery fee and tip to them.

Total charges to me are less than what I would have paid otherwise, even if I had gone to pick it up myself. Would it be better if the deal was actually closer to the 75%? Of course. But if it isn't any worse than it would have cost to order directly and pick up myself, one other (delivery) person in this crappy economy is making a living, and the money isn't coming out of the restaurant's pocket. It isn't coming out of my pocket either, and any savings is gravy.

Yes, Uber is a company with a bad business model. Uber is losing money and these discounts are a way to spread some of that venture capitalist money around so that it isn't just in the pockets of higher-ups at Uber before they fail.

Top