Expired Hot Deals

[Uber Eats] YMMV 30% off minimum order of $50 - max discount of $25 - expires June 1

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2020 5:26 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3725 posts
1422 upvotes
Ottawa

YMMV 30% off minimum order of $50 - max discount of $25 - expires June 1

Retailer:
Uber Eats
Check your Uber Eats account - 5x coupons added to my account, no coupon code necessary
31 replies
Mar 30, 2016
200 posts
150 upvotes
Thanks! Just ordered for pickup, that was the plan tonight anyway but now I get to save 30%!
Jul 31, 2007
518 posts
369 upvotes
john.canad wrote: Check your Uber Eats account - 5x coupons added to my account, no coupon code necessary
I dont see anything... I guess it is targeted
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4891 posts
3294 upvotes
Toronto and London
Sucks that expiry is within a couple of days. Uber really wants to order that much eh.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1284 posts
780 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Hmm $50 is a stretch for me remember they charge service fee percentage as well on total amount
May 2, 2009
33 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Always said the order cannot be processed but I can use the same credit card for other online shopping
Oct 24, 2009
36 posts
35 upvotes
YVR
FYI a lot of price on UberEats is @ 20 - 30% premium compared to restaurants own takeout menu.
To actually save money, you will have to sip through all the restaurants and see which one doesn't charge the premium or very little.
Just a guy passing by...
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3367 posts
1392 upvotes
Ottawa
I try to order from. Skip or door dash now. They're taking less off the top of the restaurants. Uber hasn't discounted anything and some restaurants have nowhere to turn right now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3725 posts
1422 upvotes
Ottawa
shylok wrote: I try to order from. Skip or door dash now. They're taking less off the top of the restaurants. Uber hasn't discounted anything and some restaurants have nowhere to turn right now.
can't they just turn to skip or doordash?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3725 posts
1422 upvotes
Ottawa
Just tested this and it seems like the discount works after taxes/fees, not $50 subtotal
Dec 21, 2009
708 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
john.canad wrote: Just tested this and it seems like the discount works after taxes/fees, not $50 subtotal
Also stacks with other special offers. Poke bowls were 50% off at Pacific poke lougheed for chicken bowls and got another 30% on top.
Aug 13, 2019
161 posts
298 upvotes
I've never spent more than $25 on these apps. No clue how you guys can spend $50+ on food delivery apps. These apps are rip off and often differ from the actual menu pricing in-store. The only time you'll catch me ordering is using SkipTheDishes coupon codes
Jan 9, 2010
125 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Redcontrollers wrote: I've never spent more than $25 on these apps. No clue how you guys can spend $50+ on food delivery apps. These apps are rip off and often differ from the actual menu pricing in-store. The only time you'll catch me ordering is using SkipTheDishes coupon codes
Order for more than one person
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3367 posts
1392 upvotes
Ottawa
john.canad wrote: can't they just turn to skip or doordash?
They can, and are doing multiple, but uber eats has the most brand recognition. I now am trying to lookup stuff on uber eats and order on the other platform. Uber is charging restaurants 30% of their total.. For what.. Bs. When door dash and skip are half that or so. We need these businesses to survive, and food industry without dine in, and liquor sales is in a whole lot of hurt. I'm a foodie, I don't want good restaurants to fail.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3367 posts
1392 upvotes
Ottawa
Redcontrollers wrote: I've never spent more than $25 on these apps. No clue how you guys can spend $50+ on food delivery apps. These apps are rip off and often differ from the actual menu pricing in-store. The only time you'll catch me ordering is using SkipTheDishes coupon codes
Lol.. Well it's easy to stay under 25 bucks if you're single and order fast food kinda meals.. But if you're ordering actual normal restaurant food.. Appetizer.. Entree, dessert. Some sort of beverage.. For multiple people, it's easy 100 bucks in a blink, delivery, tip, services charge. Tax.. Food..
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3543 posts
287 upvotes
Richmond
With coupon codes like this here it makes more sense. If you choose pickup, they do not charge service fees. You need to compare with their regular menus and other apps to make sure the prices aren't inflated.

I used all 5 coupons tonight and saved about $125 in total. Paid with Amex Platinum too which has 12% cashback right now for restaurants, which Uber Eats qualifies for. You just have to know what you're doing.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1295 posts
1020 upvotes
VANCOUVER
So basically, you are cheap and familyless? Because, you know, the more mouths you feed, the bigger the bill!

Ordered $50 and got the promised discount, which even after the fees and tips, was still saved a few dollars.

I don't understand what people want any of the delivery services to charge. Say they're skimming 30% but you want them to drop to 10%? Say an average order is $27, so they would essentially get $2.70 from the restaurant, of course in addition to the $0-$1.99 fee they charge the consumer. So you want a delivery company to assume all the risks, build out infrastructure, and manage and handle all the drivers, incur credit card transaction fees, and fraud, for little to no profit?
Dec 24, 2017
190 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver
M@rk wrote: With coupon codes like this here it makes more sense. If you choose pickup, they do not charge service fees. You need to compare with their regular menus and other apps to make sure the prices aren't inflated.

I used all 5 coupons tonight and saved about $125 in total. Paid with Amex Platinum too which has 12% cashback right now for restaurants, which Uber Eats qualifies for. You just have to know what you're doing.
You ordered $400+ worth of food in one night ? You really know what you’re doing !
Mar 30, 2016
200 posts
150 upvotes
canucks4life wrote: Hmm $50 is a stretch for me remember they charge service fee percentage as well on total amount
If you order for pickup there are no fees!