• Jul 29th, 2022 3:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1543 posts
2958 upvotes
Toronto :)

[Uber Eats] [YMMV] Uber Eats Uber Pass Free Trial + 75% off next two orders

YMMV. Check your email! Note that I was an uber pass user from before using the TD aeroplan CC but cancelled after the 6 month trial ended.
Images
  • DF332BD9-8410-4A9B-BE55-4E9379D92B7B.png
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
16 replies
Dec 15, 2019
720 posts
2342 upvotes
Markham
Tried it, was not worth it for me at all even with Uber pass.

The so called service fee and raised menu price still ends up a lot more expensive.

The only good priced orders I had were if certain restaurants had BOGO or 50% off offers
May 30, 2019
232 posts
507 upvotes
Cancelled my UE pass when they purged a ton of restaurants from the pass program (like 6 months+ ago). Not worth it when the favorites are no longer pass eligible.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
1485 posts
3628 upvotes
North York ON
Minimo07 wrote: Tried it, was not worth it for me at all even with Uber pass.

The so called service fee and raised menu price still ends up a lot more expensive.

The only good priced orders I had were if certain restaurants had BOGO or 50% off offers
Was definitely worth it when the discount max was $25+. With the $15 cap (on mine), I'm not gonna do the math but my guess is it barely displaces the markups, fees and shrinkage even with BOGO offers.
Dec 29, 2007
434 posts
240 upvotes
I signed up for the 1 month free trial, and it was supposed to charge me the $9.99 + tax a month later, but unfortunately, it charged me now. I have tried to contact Uber Eats for a refund, but no luck.

Watch your credit card... Don't be scammed by Uber Eats.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3493 posts
3276 upvotes
Oakville, ON
noproblem wrote: I signed up for the 1 month free trial, and it was supposed to charge me the $9.99 + tax a month later, but unfortunately, it charged me now. I have tried to contact Uber Eats for a refund, but no luck.

Watch your credit card... Don't be scammed by Uber Eats.
I got the same offer to reinstate Uber pass and my free trial and yes they charged me as well… so watch out for that… mind you they let me keep both 75% off vouchers and refunded me $30 in Uber cash to spend… so in my case a win and profit of about $18 … can’t complain.. but most def bait and switch on the free trial offered
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4508 posts
5500 upvotes
zumi78878 wrote: YMMV. Check your email! Note that I was an uber pass user from before using the TD aeroplan CC but cancelled after the 6 month trial ended.
I use an email address only for subscription purposes (Door Dash, Uber, Amazon, Netflix) and barely check it.
Logged in to see if I had anything.. 144 emails from DD, Uber and Amazon in the past 3 months.
A tad excessive...
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2669 posts
613 upvotes
Burlington
Delivery only
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1194 posts
2122 upvotes
This definitely is a good deal if you frequent uber eats like we do.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19118 posts
6048 upvotes
Toronto
The Uber eats 75% off idea is total BS!!
They capped it off at a max $25 discount last year and now currently it's a max $15 discount.
Anyone with a good eye can see it's all an illusion.
What's the point in getting "up to" 75% off if the max discount is capped so low?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Dec 22, 2018
158 posts
119 upvotes
About the Uber Pass, has anyone got promotions or discount on Uber rides by being a passholder? Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4150 posts
4603 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote: The Uber eats 75% off idea is total BS!!
They capped it off at a max $25 discount last year and now currently it's a max $15 discount.
Anyone with a good eye can see it's all an illusion.
What's the point in getting "up to" 75% off if the max discount is capped so low?
Not to mention they have protected themselves during these promotions by inflating the fees in the "Taxes and other fees" portion. They even try to hide those hidden "other fees".

I got this deal as well. Just going to watch it expire.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5225 posts
4108 upvotes
$15 barely pays for their hidden fees and expensive menu prices. Just order from your local restaurant directly.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3493 posts
3276 upvotes
Oakville, ON
pointfun wrote: About the Uber Pass, has anyone got promotions or discount on Uber rides by being a passholder? Thanks
Offered 10% on renewal all the time max 3 rides … barely used Uber tho
Dec 22, 2018
158 posts
119 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: Offered 10% on renewal all the time max 3 rides … barely used Uber tho
10% on renewal?! I am not going to pay for this pass. LOL. I was hoping to get some discounts while having the free trail.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1327 posts
282 upvotes
I got a $40 off $80 grocery order offer from Uber, and I am wondering if anybody knows the $80 min purchase is before or after taxes/fees? TIA
Wait until you have kids😂