Automotive

Uber navigation issue in downtown Toronto

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2018 7:25 am
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 10, 2018
10 posts

Uber navigation issue in downtown Toronto

is it just me or most drivers having GPS issue in Downtown Toronto. I was thinking if its my phone or carrier. I have an LG G5, and with Fido. I know GPS doesn't work great due to high rise buildings. Its so hard sometimes, gps goes wild. Any suggestions? i was thinking of changing phone to see if that may help a little.
Last edited by TDotRider on Oct 11th, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
7 replies
Member
Jun 14, 2011
486 posts
494 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Half the time it's them driving around instead of doing those standard illegal u-turns to get more mileage $$.
Member
May 17, 2017
294 posts
190 upvotes
Waterloo
The LG G5 is famous for having GPS lock issues
Source: had one myself and perused r/lgg5 regularly
Member
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
743 upvotes
Commonly not known, but to get accurate geolocation in cities with lots of highrises, you need to turn your WIFI on even when you are not using WIFI, and to select the option for enhanced location accuracy that uses WIFI hotspots to locate you.

After that is done, you should have no problems using GPS in downtown Toronto.
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 10, 2018
10 posts
fattyburger11 wrote: Commonly not known, but to get accurate geolocation in cities with lots of highrises, you need to turn your WIFI on even when you are not using WIFI, and to select the option for enhanced location accuracy that uses WIFI hotspots to locate you.

After that is done, you should have no problems using GPS in downtown Toronto.
hm, ok i will give it a try.
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 10, 2018
10 posts
xXKEIXx wrote: Half the time it's them driving around instead of doing those standard illegal u-turns to get more mileage $$.
i don't think an uber drive would want to do an illegal u-turn and get a ticket for the $10-$15(average) uber pays per ride in downtown.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
13963 posts
8372 upvotes
Toronto
TDotRider wrote: i don't think an uber drive would want to do an illegal u-turn and get a ticket for the $10-$15(average) uber pays per ride in downtown.
Why would the cabbies do it? Or stop to pick up a fare in a live lane? Because all you drivers are inconsiderate as$h0les that are running around carelessly on city streets trying to make a buck and putting everyone at risk.

/rant.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 10, 2018
10 posts
koffey wrote: Why would the cabbies do it? Or stop to pick up a fare in a live lane? Because all you drivers are inconsiderate as$h0les that are running around carelessly on city streets trying to make a buck and putting everyone at risk.

/rant.
cabbies are not as same as the uber drivers...majority of the uber drivers are not that stup!d to do illegal uturns.

Top