Expired Hot Deals

[UberEats] $5 Off UberEats Pickup Order (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2020 2:37 pm
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
46 posts
174 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

$5 Off UberEats Pickup Order (YMMV)

Savings:
$5.00
Expiry:
June 1, 2020
Retailer:
UberEats
Just got an email for $5.00 off pickup with code PICKUPOFF. Combine this with the Amex offer and you’ll get $10 off.
Images
  • B8B55F75-9617-4139-B454-FDA0E4B34EF1.jpeg
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1029 posts
461 upvotes
Burnaby
I get "you're not eligible for this promotion"
Nov 13, 2019
142 posts
208 upvotes
Why would anyone ever order pickup from Uber Eats? The only reason restaurants use Uber Eats is because they can't manage deliveries themselves, but they pay crazy fees (30%) to be on the platform.

I don't know if that 30% is lower when someone chooses pickup, but any % is still too much. Ordering pickup through Uber Eats doesn't give you any benefit as a customer when you can just order from the restaurant directly... it just takes a huge chunk out of the restaurants margin unnecessarily.

You might actually end up paying more since a lot of restaurants increase their prices on Uber Eats to offset a portion of that 30%.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1742 posts
1234 upvotes
bigtuna99 wrote: Why would anyone ever order pickup from Uber Eats? The only reason restaurants use Uber Eats is because they can't manage deliveries themselves, but they pay crazy fees (30%) to be on the platform.

I don't know if that 30% is lower when someone chooses pickup, but any % is still too much. Ordering pickup through Uber Eats doesn't give you any benefit as a customer when you can just order from the restaurant directly... it just takes a huge chunk out of the restaurants margin unnecessarily.

You might actually end up paying more since a lot of restaurants increase their prices on Uber Eats to offset a portion of that 30%.
Only worth it if you have coupons through ubereats
Apr 14, 2019
596 posts
516 upvotes
bigtuna99 wrote: Why would anyone ever order pickup from Uber Eats? The only reason restaurants use Uber Eats is because they can't manage deliveries themselves, but they pay crazy fees (30%) to be on the platform.

Some restaurants don’t have pickup or delivery without one of these platforms. Some of these platforms have many users to market too. I’m sure businesses sign up for a reason. I’m sure some people use their services for reasons as well. Restaurants and people, have been known to do things for more than an “only reason”. I’m a cheap bastard. I make sure I’m getting a deal. Pickup or delivery. I’m ignorant that way.
Who do you think you are? Tryna tell me how to live my life. Especially when you live yours like a.......
Jul 3, 2015
10 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RDodds wrote: Just got an email for $5.00 off pickup with code PICKUPOFF. Combine this with the Amex offer and you’ll get $10 off.
What's the point of using UberEats if you are picking up?
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
46 posts
174 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
azsxdcfvgb wrote: What's the point of using UberEats if you are picking up?
For the $5.00 off of my pickup order.