Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ubiquiti

Ubiquiti Unifi Dream Machine Special Edition (UDM-SE) IN STOCK 630$

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2022 11:09 pm
Apr 13, 2004
458 posts
438 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
Katadare wrote: For me, I just 10G it from the HH4000 to a 10G SFP module...
Is there a way for me to get rid of the HH4000 and that crappy Bell wifi signal that doesn't turn off?
No, you need a HH3000.
Apr 17, 2019
50 posts
10 upvotes
I see UDM in stock at my local Memory express, which is better for prosumer home use. UDM, UDM pro, UDM SE, or go with something like PFsense/Firewalla?

I already have Alien Amplifi, which I use as a bridge mode AP.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2184 posts
1415 upvotes
Sask
NAVNEETS069569 wrote: I see UDM in stock at my local Memory express, which is better for prosumer home use. UDM, UDM pro, UDM SE, or go with something like PFsense/Firewalla?

I already have Alien Amplifi, which I use as a bridge mode AP.
Depends what you already have and how deep into the ecosystem you want to go. If you are looking at integrating mutiple access points and cameras I'd go with either the udm pro or udm pro se. The pro se has poe enabled ports so if you don't already own one of ubiquitis switches I'd probably go with that but again it depends how many devices you are looking to connect now and in the future. With the dream router out now (still shows coming soon) I wouldn't consider the udm even relevant anymore at the price point they have listed. As for pfsense it is more robust for firewall but it's not going to act as a controller for your ubiquiti gear. Without knowing what you currently have I'd probably suggest getting the udm pro se and build off of that. It really all depends how many devices you are connecting and if you plan on adding any of their cameras. If firewall on udm pro doesn't meet your requirements you can always add pfsense later on.
Jun 5, 2011
2 posts
Has anyone actually been able to purchase the UDM SE?

I get the login to purchase and when I login I get the error "Internal Server Error". It's only for anything under UniFi OS Consoles. Other items I can purchase with no issues.
Nov 2, 2007
330 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered UDM Pro, G4 Bullet and Instant, still waiting for G4 Pro and Doorbell Pro.

What is a good hard drive for recording?
Sep 24, 2017
233 posts
79 upvotes
Guelph ON
ced2334 wrote: Depends what you already have and how deep into the ecosystem you want to go. If you are looking at integrating mutiple access points and cameras I'd go with either the udm pro or udm pro se. The pro se has poe enabled ports so if you don't already own one of ubiquitis switches I'd probably go with that but again it depends how many devices you are looking to connect now and in the future. With the dream router out now (still shows coming soon) I wouldn't consider the udm even relevant anymore at the price point they have listed. As for pfsense it is more robust for firewall but it's not going to act as a controller for your ubiquiti gear. Without knowing what you currently have I'd probably suggest getting the udm pro se and build off of that. It really all depends how many devices you are connecting and if you plan on adding any of their cameras. If firewall on udm pro doesn't meet your requirements you can always add pfsense later on.
agreed, I am using Sophos and UDM is not a match for firewall capabilities, even though I have a full Unifi setup, but I sold mine as it seems redundant and only used as a controller, instead, I have spun up a virtual machine for controlled and that works fine.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2184 posts
1415 upvotes
Sask
pawandeepsingh wrote: agreed, I am using Sophos and UDM is not a match for firewall capabilities, even though I have a full Unifi setup, but I sold mine as it seems redundant and only used as a controller, instead, I have spun up a virtual machine for controlled and that works fine.
Yup vm works great for running unifi network. I don't believe unifi protect and their cameras will work with a vm based controller though. I think their old product unifi video may have but since they moved to protect it is my understanding that you require one of their hardware controllers. That being said not everyone may want cameras so they'll have more options available to them.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
ced2334 wrote: Yup vm works great for running unifi network. I don't believe unifi protect and their cameras will work with a vm based controller though. I think their old product unifi video may have but since they moved to protect it is my understanding that you require one of their hardware controllers. That being said not everyone may want cameras so they'll have more options available to them.
That would be where the Cloud Key Gen2 Plus comes in: https://ca.store.ui.com/ca/en/collectio ... udkey-plus
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
Edge security from a company that has had major root exploits on their AP’s? Hmmm.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1320 posts
314 upvotes
Can you make and share folders on the one hard drive that is inside the UDM-SE?

I realize this is not a NAS - but just want to know if that option was available or not.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6052 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
The UXG-Pro is a better device, IMO. You don't get all the "dream" nonsense and don't get the built-in NVR which is useless for most people.

The UXG-Pro is just a gateway. A true upgrade for the USG-Pro.

But just like most UI products, it's only available in the US store for now and out of stock everywhere.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Sep 24, 2017
233 posts
79 upvotes
Guelph ON
ced2334 wrote: Yup vm works great for running unifi network. I don't believe unifi protect and their cameras will work with a vm based controller though. I think their old product unifi video may have but since they moved to protect it is my understanding that you require one of their hardware controllers. That being said not everyone may want cameras so they'll have more options available to them.
true, I am on a different camera setup and I really like it. however, I have all network setup (one 16 ports, one 8 port PoE, four mini-lite 4-port in each bedroom and 3 wifi 6 Pro AP). so only need a UniFi network controller and VS is a better option for me as already have a hypervisor.
Oct 31, 2018
102 posts
173 upvotes
a4kel wrote: Ordered UDM Pro, G4 Bullet and Instant, still waiting for G4 Pro and Doorbell Pro.

What is a good hard drive for recording?
I use 16 TB WD Gold drive in my UDM Pro, recording 3 G4 Pro. It performs quite well in term scrolling video history etc.
Mar 12, 2009
328 posts
186 upvotes
thipham99 wrote: Has anyone actually been able to purchase the UDM SE?

I get the login to purchase and when I login I get the error "Internal Server Error". It's only for anything under UniFi OS Consoles. Other items I can purchase with no issues.
I did without issue here.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
escape1975 wrote: Edge security from a company that has had major root exploits on their AP’s? Hmmm.
Can you be more specific?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
alpovs wrote: Can you be more specific?
It was a while ago, we had tons of devices broken into via port 80,
and since then that port is no longer accessible from outside as a precaution :)

I was able to clean everything by using an automated script, at first we were locked out of the units,
But i dumped with serial interface the storage of an infected device and was able to look at the code.

I believe it was this one as it was around that time:
https://gregsowell.com/?p=3428

I believe there was also later exploits so make sure the ports are fire-walled even on routers.

https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/40044
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
escape1975 wrote: It was a while ago, we had tons of devices broken into via port 80,
and since then that port is no longer accessible from outside as a precaution :)

I was able to clean everything by using an automated script, at first we were locked out of the units,
But i dumped with serial interface the storage of an infected device and was able to look at the code.

I believe it was this one as it was around that time:
https://gregsowell.com/?p=3428

I believe there was also later exploits so make sure the ports are fire-walled even on routers.

https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/40044
Thanks. Interesting. What kind of installations would have APs with un-firewalled public IPs? Isn't it a big no?
Jun 5, 2011
2 posts
frosted wrote: I did without issue here.

Resolved it. Had to go into the UI profile and tell it to sign me out of everywhere.

Originally tried with different browsers, internet providers, geolocations and couldn't get it to work so thought it was the site. Kinda was I guess....
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
alpovs wrote: Thanks. Interesting. What kind of installations would have APs with un-firewalled public IPs? Isn't it a big no?
It turns out it wasn't the best solution yes,
but they were in router mode much like your home router and your ISP doesn't firewall your own router either :)

They were in fact marketed as enterprise grade devices, and now you're putting a product from the same company in the edge of your network, unfirewalled but doing the firewalling :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
escape1975 wrote: It turns out it wasn't the best solution yes,
but they were in router mode much like your home router and your ISP doesn't firewall your own router either :)

They were in fact marketed as enterprise grade devices, and now you're putting a product from the same company in the edge of your network, unfirewalled but doing the firewalling :)
Somehow access points were on my mind. This thread is about a router. I get it now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)