Hot Deals

Ubiquiti

Ubiquiti Wifi 6 AP - instock and POE Plus Injector s(OOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2022 7:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1157 upvotes
Knowhere

Ubiquiti Wifi 6 AP - instock and POE Plus Injector s(OOS)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Ubiquiti
U6 Lr --> $219 - sold out
U6 Pro --> $188 - sold out
U6 Lite --> $119

POE+ Injector SOLD out now

TRENDnet POE+ injector --> $29.99

POE+ Injector US store has stock, CA store does not, I guess soon CA store should have stock.. Free shipping for CA store, so I would not wait.

Previous post if you would like to read more about it.

My personal recommandation:
1. get U6 LR for better performace on wifi signal so your WIFI connection will stay on 5Ghz at further location. my laptop on Intel AX210 can max out the 1Gbps LAN bandwidth. On short range, pro and lr performs about the same as both can max out the 1G LAN, but on longer range, LR wins on maintaining the 5Ghz.

2. You HAVE TO run cables, even it provides "wireless uplink", but for the sake of having HIGH END AP, just run the cable for better performance.

3. For controller, I use a docker image on Synology NAS. or you can install onto a windows/mac machine, you dont have to keep the controller/pc with controller installed powered on, but it is better to keep it on 24/7.

4. I installed 2 U6 LR, 4000 sqft house basement included, I have full 5Ghz coverage everywhere in the house. AP 1 is on house left side floor1, AP2 is on house right side floor1.
Last edited by lightmeup on Feb 3rd, 2022 11:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
547 replies
Nov 21, 2001
814 posts
126 upvotes
Markham
Now if the UDM Pro would just become available....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1157 upvotes
Knowhere
groo wrote: Now if the UDM Pro would just become available....
UDM Pro Se launched in other regions, soon should be in Canada....
Nov 19, 2016
649 posts
467 upvotes
Makes me second guess my Eero pro 6 purchase lol
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1349 posts
189 upvotes
now if they only restock the cameras Crying Face
Dec 16, 2019
165 posts
105 upvotes
lightmeup wrote: 4. I installed 2 U6 LR, 4000 sqft house basement included, I have full 5Ghz coverage everywhere in the house. AP 1 is on house left side floor1, AP2 is on house right side floor1.
I have concrete floor so I've actually decided to run 4 AP lite for 2 floors, 2 per floor on each side basically.
I don't think the pro is really improving it that much for s "personal" usage. My work office will be on Ethernet anyway. So for the cellphones and stuff like that, the lite should be well enough

But otherwise, a LR or even lite would work well by having one on left side and the other on right side, you're right.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2873 posts
1566 upvotes
Surrey
3. For controller, I use a docker image on Synology NAS. or you can install onto a windows/mac machine, you dont have to keep the controller/pc with controller installed powered on, but it is better to keep it on 24/7.
Do we need controller if we only have one AP?

For TP link 1750. I don't have omada controller only use to update firmware. Is there added benefit?
Dec 20, 2006
672 posts
289 upvotes
Is that compatible with the Bell 2.5gb SFP gpon and have hardware pppoe decoding?

Because that's what the original udm pro was missing the most ...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1157 upvotes
Knowhere
paaji wrote: 3. For controller, I use a docker image on Synology NAS. or you can install onto a windows/mac machine, you dont have to keep the controller/pc with controller installed powered on, but it is better to keep it on 24/7.
Do we need controller if we only have one AP?

For TP link 1750. I don't have omada controller only use to update firmware. Is there added benefit?
Roaming handoff has to be manged by something, if that's build in to the AP then not necessarily to have the controller powered on. However for TP-Link, I would not know, if it works without it, then no need I guess.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1157 upvotes
Knowhere
noxlord wrote: Is that compatible with the Bell 2.5gb SFP gpon and have hardware pppoe decoding?

Because that's what the original udm pro was missing the most ...
Pro SE is coming...
Oct 17, 2020
20 posts
46 upvotes
U6-Pro has the highest performance and a Qualcomm chipset, outclassing the Mediatek in the U6-Lite and U6-LR.
Aug 16, 2009
291 posts
258 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks OP, been waiting for the 6 pro to come back into stock.

and again Ubiquiti's stock alert has been useless
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1157 upvotes
Knowhere
Kevwkev wrote: U6-Pro has the highest performance and a Qualcomm chipset, outclassing the Mediatek in the U6-Lite and U6-LR.
Agree, but the bottleneck is at that 1gb port. If it has 2.5g, then maybe pro wins. Rightnow with 1g, lr wins in my opinion :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1157 upvotes
Knowhere
electric0ant wrote: thanks OP, been waiting for the 6 pro to come back into stock.

and again Ubiquiti's stock alert has been useless
I am your alert!
Dec 16, 2019
165 posts
105 upvotes
lightmeup wrote: Agree, but the bottleneck is at that 1gb port. If it has 2.5g, then maybe pro wins. Rightnow with 1g, lr wins in my opinion :)
For the price of the LR and Lite, I'd say 2 Lites win over 1 LR, if you can run cables for the 2 lites. But that's also my opinion ;)
Oct 17, 2020
20 posts
46 upvotes
lightmeup wrote: Agree, but the bottleneck is at that 1gb port. If it has 2.5g, then maybe pro wins. Rightnow with 1g, lr wins in my opinion :)
Dec 14, 2017
486 posts
491 upvotes
Anyone run the 6 Pro with a Opnsense router? How has that experience been?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1157 upvotes
Knowhere
Kevwkev wrote:
I saw this and watched like 4 times, lol. However comparison done by other reviews shows that lr wins on longer range and being able maintain 5ghz....

It does not mean pro is not good... Don't get me wrong here :)
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1237 posts
396 upvotes
Thanks ... I'm going to try and cancel the 2x NanoHDs I ordered earlier today and get 2xAP-6-lite (better for this job/purpose).
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)