[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3710 posts
4483 upvotes
Toronto

Ubisoft+ Launches in Canada on PC and Stadia $8 First Month

Deal Link:
Ubisoft+ has expanded to Canada and is currently available on PC and Google Stadia and they are having a promotion til June 22nd where you get the first month for $8

For ppl that don't know, Ubisoft+ is their subscription service that includes all their games plus day one releases and dlc's and ultimate editions of the games.

https://store.ubi.com/ca/ubisoftplus/?lang=en

54 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4805 posts
1244 upvotes
Scarborough
$20/month + tax subscription seems a bit hefty..
May 17, 2017
517 posts
1257 upvotes
So you're paying $20 a month to play the same game multiple different times...
Apr 8, 2020
405 posts
411 upvotes
$20 to play a new Ubisoft release for a month then cancel is not bad at all.

I wouldn't stay subscribed, but to get a new release? Sure.
Jan 26, 2011
332 posts
866 upvotes
I did try out EA Play on Steam for $5, but I will not pay $20 for nu-bisoft.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2083 posts
783 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I already have all the Ubisoft games that I want, paid all 20$ or less...
Sep 27, 2017
179 posts
434 upvotes
Jokerpersona wrote: $20 to play a new Ubisoft release for a month then cancel is not bad at all.

Exactly, ill be doing this for FC6. Don't understand the downvotes.
Feb 8, 2010
116 posts
75 upvotes
ubisoft games are very grindy and repetive. if the introductory $8 price for the first month is permanent, it might be better to just wait until a really good game launches.
Dec 16, 2019
42 posts
26 upvotes
Anonanon wrote: I did try out EA Play on Steam for $5, but I will not pay $20 for nu-bisoft.
The full EA Play pass is also $20/month tho. At $5, you're limited to 10 hours of play time
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2843 posts
1201 upvotes
Markham
Wait for it to come to Xbox Game Pass
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4777 posts
3295 upvotes
scottmg wrote: So you're paying $20 a month to play the same game multiple different times...
There are a lot of towers to climb.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3664 posts
1903 upvotes
After all these years, people still haven't realized they're playing the same game over and over again.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1705 posts
1081 upvotes
Toronto
scottmg wrote: So you're paying $20 a month to play the same game multiple different times...
This made me laugh out loud. I don’t understand how other people don’t see it too. Lmao.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9855 posts
4607 upvotes
Toronto
why so many downvotes? this is actually pretty hot, for $8... you get a Stadia Pro sub for free also
AlexJosh wrote: Wait for it to come to Xbox Game Pass
its not... lol
Aug 1, 2011
88 posts
65 upvotes
Canada
pretty hot deal, thanks!

basically $8 to finally play Assassins Creed Valhalla which is worth it to me
Jan 18, 2019
68 posts
104 upvotes
I thought the Ubisoft subscription was always in Canada? Heck Ubisoft is Canadian (Montreal based). EDIT - THEY ARE FRENCH SORRY.

Now comparing it to EA pass this is a steal. EA games have been very garbage lately, they have a big library but their multiplayer is dead. Ubisoft games have a lot of soul and have all the finishing touches to make it a worthy product. I've subscribed to them a few times when I'm on vacation to play games like Assassins' Creed, Anno, Division and Far Cry with their FULL EDITIONS. When I'm not ready to fork over the $80 for a single game that I know I won't play for over a month, the subscription makes sense. The price tag reflects the quality of the games they push out and they are defiantly worth it.

If you want to compare to Xbox Live, yeah your getting a WAY better deal with Microsoft with their intense library of games as well as multiplayer games that have a stable base. For those waiting for Xbox Live to pickup the Ubisoft games, they may not as Ubisoft knows their products are superior and would make more money keeping it in house.
Last edited by dtvibe on Jun 3rd, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 27, 2015
71 posts
80 upvotes
Jokerpersona wrote: $20 to play a new Ubisoft release for a month then cancel is not bad at all.

That's exactly what I did for Assassin's Creed Valhalla played it day 1 too. I may do this for Watchdog Legion.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2843 posts
1201 upvotes
Markham
I understand where you are coming from but Ubisoft is french
dtvibe wrote: I thought the Ubisoft subscription was always in Canada? Heck Ubisoft is Canadian (Montreal based).
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
May 29, 2018
330 posts
283 upvotes
Meh, nothing I'd really wanna play this month, may get it for Immortals I suppose but would be better if something big came out recently