Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Udemy

Java Programming: Complete Beginner to Advanced - Highly rated

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2020 6:11 am
Jan 25, 2010
149 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just an FYI, this is nowhere near "advanced". Yes free is free, but align your expectations and consider this a nice introduction to Java.
Mar 28, 2006
172 posts
122 upvotes
There's absolutely nothing advanced about this course, it's an introduction. That being said...I love Java and would highly encourage absolutely anyone to try it out. Development totally changed my life. It's free, get it.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
thanks OP,
the title is a little exaggerate, for complete beginner I believe it's true, but not so sure the "to advanced" part.
May 14, 2009
167 posts
22 upvotes
comp_freak wrote: I believe once you purchased (for free) it stays with your account till it's available.

Just on the side note, there are many online MOOCs. I have tried Lynda, Course-era, Edx and Pluralsight and Udemy. I found Plurasight well worth it. You get Free 10 hours/Month via Microsoft Essentials. But the material there is well worth it.

Also one thing I have learn hard way is that it's good to do courses. But the real value is to do pet project and get it working and have it on github - that's where the skills are earned. Otherwise is just knowledge which is valuable in a way but no marketing value. My two cents.
How do you get 10 hrs per month on pluralsight, any links
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
Must be me but I've now tried several of the 172 courses I've "bought" from Udemy. Most are so boring (to me) that I can only take them in 1/2 hour parts. Programming is definitely NOT a passion with me. Nor is language instruction, Beginning Guitar, or any of a variety of others I've sampled. Still looking though. There must be something that I can stomach. Thanks...
Dec 3, 2018
850 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
Whenever I see free courses, I just sign up for that. You never know when you need itFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Aug 16, 2010
459 posts
549 upvotes
Vancouver
I get free udemy courses that I will never study to offset free steam games that I will never play.
Nov 1, 2018
284 posts
464 upvotes
Burnaby
LarryT778370 wrote: I took me 6 hours to write hello world in C back in my first year. It was Assignment 0 which is intended to make sure your login credentials is working properly and can upload coding assignment to the automatic grading system..
Wait, SFU by any chance?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6343 upvotes
Winnipeg
comp_freak wrote: I believe once you purchased (for free) it stays with your account till it's available.

Just on the side note, there are many online MOOCs. I have tried Lynda, Course-era, Edx and Pluralsight and Udemy. I found Plurasight well worth it. You get Free 10 hours/Month via Microsoft Essentials. But the material there is well worth it.

Also one thing I have learn hard way is that it's good to do courses. But the real value is to do pet project and get it working and have it on github - that's where the skills are earned. Otherwise is just knowledge which is valuable in a way but no marketing value. My two cents.
Without a way to use the skill/knowledge, even the stuff I learnt in university just slowly erodes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)