Expired Hot Deals

[Udemy] Learn to Code in Python 3: Programming basics to advanced - FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2020 4:37 pm
Sep 24, 2017
129 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
DecayHeat wrote: ill give this a real shot. any other followup resources you guys recommend? im a complete beginner
Recently on the udemy, "automate the boring stuff with python programming" was free (requires a coupon code).
Sep 30, 2007
44 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
DecayHeat wrote: ill give this a real shot. any other followup resources you guys recommend? im a complete beginner
MIT opencourseware has a free introductory python course that is usually more comprehensive than Udemy courses. You can find the pdf of the textbook online too. Do the readings, watch lectures, do the assignments and you'll have a good start on the fundamentals. I find many of the Udemy ones go straight into how to use packages that already have examples in the documentation. Often this means just showing you how to use something without having a good grasp of the basics first.
Link: https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/intro-programming/
Python: https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical- ... fall-2016/
Textbook: https://doc.lagout.org/programmation/py ... -09%5D.pdf
Mar 10, 2011
237 posts
134 upvotes
Niagara
Thanks op. Hoping I get around to actually doing the course.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Jun 8, 2019
151 posts
281 upvotes
You know this forum has a "freebies" section exactly for these kinds of posts...
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10837 posts
7108 upvotes
Oil Country
roedoe wrote: You know this forum has a "freebies" section exactly for these kinds of posts...
Please stay on topic.
Dec 9, 2001
271 posts
27 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
roedoe wrote: You know this forum has a "freebies" section exactly for these kinds of posts...
Yes it does, but I don't understand that. Why?
A freebie is a hot deal too, and I don't want to scrounge two forums.
fudge_u wrote: Please stay on topic.
Sorry for responding to the slightly Off-topic post, fudge-u.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10837 posts
7108 upvotes
Oil Country
Quant wrote: Yes it does, but I don't understand that. Why?
A freebie is a hot deal too, and I don't want to scrounge two forums.

Sorry for responding to the slightly Off-topic post, fudge-u.
LoL... all good.

I know most people don't check the freebie section of the forum too. I figure if it's something that usually costs money but has a promo making it free for a limited time, then it should be in the hot deals section. If it's something that's permanently free, then it should be in the freebie section. Just my thoughts though.
Nov 15, 2016
220 posts
76 upvotes
QC
Thanks OP! Would have missed this if it was not in the hot deals section Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jul 9, 2017
143 posts
81 upvotes
Python is easy enough to learn on your own or with free e classes. Never pay for Python courses.