Savings:
Expiry:
June 10, 2020
Retailer:
UFA
Killex 1L concentrate on sale.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on May 29th, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
Thread Summary
Folks in ontario thinking about using this poison on your lawn, note you are breaking the law, and subject to fine and imprisonment.

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90p11#BK71

Penalties, general
Individuals
43 (1) Every individual convicted of an offence under this Act is liable,

(a) on a first conviction, for each day or part of a day on which the offence occurs or continues, to a fine of not more than $20,000; and

(b) on each subsequent conviction,

(i) for each day or part of a day on which the offence occurs or continues, to a fine of not more than $50,000,

(ii) to imprisonment for a term of not more than one year, or

(iii) to both such fine and imprisonment.

To the folks offering to sell this poison to people in ontario, you’re also breaking the law and subject to fines and imprisonment

Offer to sell
95. No person shall offer to sell a pesticide unless the person is authorized to sell or transfer the pesticide under this Regulation. O. Reg. 63/09, s. 95.

Copied from post # 30 "Serpentine"

I have never bought any "killus" product; I've had my 2 acre rural,waterfront property for over 30 years and have a lot of those so-called weeds- in fact, my lawn is covered in a bed of those horrible yellow ones called dandelions. I know I should be putting down poisonous chemicals so I too can have that beautiful lawn/property free of "pesty" weeds; after all, I need to show others how responsible I am to do my part and keep up with the Jones. Oh I know, the work required to manually remove those silly weeds is indescribable.
However, on a positive note, I am happy to report there are hundreds of bees enjoying my weeds and smiling up at me. I am proud to help out the bees, who had a rough spring as well. to eat and survive. Most of us realize that without bees there is no us! So for the millions who need weed free lawns and such, think about the chemical impact upon our life-supporting eco-system and the impact upon the food chain for all living organisms including us. Thanks for your time and consideration. Have a nice day!
159 replies
Aug 8, 2017
304 posts
123 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I've be getting the weed b gone from the states and it works pretty well anyone have a comparison between that and Killex? I'm in Ontario so have to get it shipped either way
Nov 18, 2009
216 posts
62 upvotes
wahabk1234 wrote: I've be getting the weed b gone from the states and it works pretty well anyone have a comparison between that and Killex? I'm in Ontario so have to get it shipped either way
I've been thinking of ordering from lawnproducts.ca and having it shipped here to Ontario. It's rather expensive ... $49.99 a bottle especially considering it's $15.99 in Alberta! Have you had any issues ordering from the States? Any specific place you usually order from?
Apr 5, 2017
281 posts
43 upvotes
Is this better than PAR111 or Round up concrete ?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1130 posts
418 upvotes
T Dot
Can these kill clovers?
Aug 30, 2019
603 posts
495 upvotes
Brampton
Really nice if it can be shipped to ontario. I will pay for shipping too if someone can ship.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1263 posts
1595 upvotes
Too bad they don't deliver. Just got a bottle on amazon for $50. Yeah its price gouging but it sure beats the useless weeds b gon stuff and 1L concentrate is enough for 2-3 years for my lawn
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1593 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
MK1986 wrote: Is this better than PAR111 or Round up concrete ?
Same formula as ParIII, just lower (half) the concentration.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2002
1001 posts
433 upvotes
get the Par 3 and split costs with friends...

Shipping costs will be about $20 minimum to ON. Add that to purchase price then it's about same price as 1L split with PAR but at half the concentration as @reyoasian mentioned.

It just means, you will use more killex vs par 3 if you have a weed invested lawn.

Please read application rates...
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
2958 posts
2665 upvotes
Toronto, ON
stupid qs: this stuff kills grass too, right ?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2002
1001 posts
433 upvotes
hm...just mix bleach, borax, salt, water and vinegar (>5%) if you want to "just" kill grass and will be cheaper than killex

This is selective...
carmageddon wrote: stupid qs: this stuff kills grass too, right ?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1347 posts
1171 upvotes
would also like to know if this is selective

and does it smell enough that you should spray it in the evenings?
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1347 posts
1171 upvotes
iwells wrote: hm...just mix bleach, borax, salt, water and vinegar (>5%) if you want to "just" kill grass and will be cheaper than killex

This is selective...
i think they’re worried that it would kill grass if they sprayed it all over. but looks like it is selective?
Wallet safe :rolleyes: