Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

UFC 154 30% off through xbox live -> 41.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2012 5:16 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3007 posts
130 upvotes
Mtl

UFC 154 30% off through xbox live -> 41.99$

Noticed last night that UFC 154 Condit vs GSP is currently 30% off the list price if ordered through xbox live (must be a gold member). Brings the price down to 41.99$ for HD, I believe sd is about 10$ cheaper. If ordering a UFC, purchasing through live (vs cable or satellite provider) is the way to go since you get access to the UFC primetime shows, weigh-ins, previous fights, fighter bios, etc etc.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23UFConXboxLIVE&src=hash
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2669 posts
102 upvotes
Just my thoughts on this. I have ordered UFC once via xbox live and found the signal to be choppy and it would freeze on occasion. This was back in Jan/Feb of this year. UFC may have fixed this problem though by now. I prefer ordering with Rogers as I can record the fights also and the HD quality is in my opinion better. Still a good deal though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3007 posts
130 upvotes
Mtl
I ordered a few when the service first became available. Compared to cable, I found the image quality to be of higher quality and didn't have any freezing issues. Were you over wireless network? My 360 is wireless but I always plug in a network cable for streaming video.
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10706 posts
3367 upvotes
if the service drops do you get a refund? Last time i ordered a UFC on Telus, my signal dropped for like 10 minutes, i called and got a full refund.
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
796 upvotes
Woodbridge
Xbox quality sucked so bad, i remember they gave xbox live subscribers 2 free events because of the crap quality and drops, prefer my Rogers Box, or other free sources :razz:
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3007 posts
130 upvotes
Mtl
I watched both those free ufc events through my xbox. Didn't have an issue with either. I thought the 2 live events were meant to increase the user base to work out the kinks, almost like a beta. Either way, didn't have an issue (over wired connection)
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
447 upvotes
Help me
Hmmm~! Tempting. When is UFC 154???
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3007 posts
130 upvotes
Mtl
Saturday nov. 17th
Oct 29, 2006
89 posts
81 upvotes
The first couple of times they ran events there was problems mainly due to overload. They seem to have those problems ironed out now though - I've ordered every event this year and not one problem that I can think of.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3491 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Don't even bother ordering the HD version on the XBOX. Very unstable even after I did the test to see if my bandwidth can support HD. I was watching the majority of the event in SD. Just order it from the Rogers box.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3007 posts
130 upvotes
Mtl
Matryx wrote: Don't even bother ordering the HD version on the XBOX. Very unstable even after I did the test to see if my bandwidth can support HD. I was watching the majority of the event in SD. Just order it from the Rogers box.
When was this? Are you on a wired network?
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
I also ordered a UFC once on Xbox, and it kept freezing, and wasn't smooth. I wouldn't bother ordering it anywhere except the TV unless I was desperate.

I have ordered on my iphone through the UFC app (was cottaging, no tv) and it was super smooth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3007 posts
130 upvotes
Mtl
Kris81 wrote: I also ordered a UFC once on Xbox, and it kept freezing, and wasn't smooth. I wouldn't bother ordering it anywhere except the TV unless I was desperate.

I have ordered on my iphone through the UFC app (was cottaging, no tv) and it was super smooth
When was this? As another member pointed out, there were streaming issues when the app was first launched at beginning of 2012. Problems have since been fixed.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
sparrow_69 wrote: When was this? As another member pointed out, there were streaming issues when the app was first launched at beginning of 2012. Problems have since been fixed.
A while ago, when it first came out. Didn't read all of the posts, but I won't be ordering anything there until consistency.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3007 posts
130 upvotes
Mtl
Kris81 wrote: A while ago, when it first came out. Didn't read all of the posts, but I won't be ordering anything there until consistency.
Well from personal experience (as well as comments online, it is consistent)
Sep 20, 2007
113 posts
14 upvotes
I ordered the Silva vs. Sonnen 2 fight a while back on Xbox Live on HD. Played fine, had no problems throughout. I am on a wired connection with a 28 Mbps download speed so maybe that helped.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2669 posts
102 upvotes
To answer the question with my issues, yes I have my box with plugged in internet, no wireless...I also mentioned this was earlier so I would think they would have fixed these issues by now but for the price, I would prefer to order via Rogers and simply record the event and so I can rewind and watch fights again if I want.