Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ufile.ca

Ufile - 12 Tax Return $21.99 with $5 Discount

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2021 6:01 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2363 posts
1965 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, although Turbotax probably easier than use than Ufile, I've gotten used to Ufile and have enjoyed using it for about 6 years now. Definitely safer and cheaper to use the download version of Ufile than the online version. I also don't like how you have to pay extra money if you want to unlock wizard guidance for advanced features of Turbotax, whereas Ufile includes everything you need in their Wizard. Simple Tax is good too, but I'd rather have my data on my own computer than in the cloud. I find the free softwares like Genutax, Studiotax aren't as easy for me to use as Ufile.
Dec 23, 2016
142 posts
300 upvotes
Thanks Op! Still have to do 2019 tax 🤣
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2884 posts
1021 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: Nice to see all these "free" comments but why can't anyone post an actual link and quick review on your so call "free" tax return.

You can get everything free in life if you really want it but if you cannot explain how or where you got it then you are just bragging about it and adding to your total post count.

I've been buying ufile 12 for a long time now. I do my wife and I taxes. I do most of my wife side of the family tax and a friend of mine uses 2 licenses.. so at the end my cost is about 5$ and a lot of time I end up making a few $$ because my in laws all give my $5 do to their tax. Better than them paying someone $60

Anyway. That's my first post for this Sunday :)

I've been using studiotax for years!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2334 posts
990 upvotes
tegvari wrote: I also used promo code in OP but my cost is $24.95 - $6.24 with promo code plus tax for total of $20.96. Did I miss something? I live in BC.
Untitled.png
Must be cheaper in BC
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1385 posts
721 upvotes
London, ON
tegvari wrote: I also used promo code in OP but my cost is $24.95 - $6.24 with promo code plus tax for total of $20.96. Did I miss something? I live in BC.
Untitled.png
Mine was for a single, you have a spouse added on for the additional cost looks like.
Feb 7, 2017
652 posts
359 upvotes
I started off using StudioTax for about 2-3 years and then switched to UFile for the last 5 years. I just felt more comfortable buying commercial software than using freeware because the tax return contains enough sensitive information for identify theft. I did call UFile support for about two tax questions which also made things worth it. It is nice to know you can always contact support if you don't understand.

I buy returns for the while family. It ends up being about $3 a person. I am comfortable paying a few bucks for tax software. I am also quite used to using UFile now, and would rather no go back to StudioTax.
Jan 31, 2007
310 posts
34 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Dammit, why did I not check here before buying it... missed out on the extra 5$ discount.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2334 posts
990 upvotes
nickctn wrote: Dammit, why did I not check here before buying it... missed out on the extra 5$ discount.
Try to email them and tell them I have coupon code which was not applied, they may give you a rebate
Jan 18, 2017
372 posts
343 upvotes
Thanks OP..code works for for 4 - $15.81 total damage - awesome deal
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16846 posts
5316 upvotes
Markham
NightRider_ wrote: Try to email them and tell them I have coupon code which was not applied, they may give you a rebate
OP

bold it on your OP post

$5 Discount code:

UFAB89FADQ
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Apr 21, 2017
577 posts
714 upvotes
Chelsea
So does this give me 4/12 returns for 2020,21,22,23 etc, or is it 4 fiscal year 2020 tax return ?

Furthermore, I’ve read the dumpster fire of a thread that was 2019’s similar deal. I’d love a summary in OP as to why this is better than other softwares. I was with TurboTax in the past, switched to SimpleTax last year, I wouldn’t mind paying a few bucks for a return service e.g. ufile, but users seem so secretive of what makes it good and seem to default to “free equals information sold to CCP, paid is safer (/s)”

Anyone can share their positive experience with this platform compared to e.g. TurboTax ? I wouldn’t mind switching..
Feb 1, 2008
860 posts
96 upvotes
I think im in the same boat as others in this thread: if i started using ufile many years ago, it's a lot more convenient to keep using it. They read the saved file from last year and pre-populate some of the info that can be carried over. It is quite convenient and it does save some time.
Jan 1, 2014
39 posts
34 upvotes
TORONTO
I have used this since 2011 and am always pleased and relieved once the ordeal of tax returns prep for me and my wife is done. I use the online version and an older and less locked-down version of Firefox, to comply with CRA Netfile. This software is good for the error messages which appear to tell the user something is missing or wrong. So one can look back and remedy the mistake or omission. Also the user can check off a box to get a full report on marginal and average tax rates for self and spouse. Also it does a difficult calculation (called linear programming I believe) to maximize the use of income splitting for pensions etc all in accord with the complex tax rules from CRA. By Dave a once Datsun 240Z owner and long time fill in the tax forms by hand calculator guy.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16846 posts
5316 upvotes
Markham
SimonL556 wrote: So does this give me 4/12 returns for 2020,21,22,23 etc, or is it 4 fiscal year 2020 tax return ?

Furthermore, I’ve read the dumpster fire of a thread that was 2019’s similar deal. I’d love a summary in OP as to why this is better than other softwares. I was with TurboTax in the past, switched to SimpleTax last year, I wouldn’t mind paying a few bucks for a return service e.g. ufile, but users seem so secretive of what makes it good and seem to default to “free equals information sold to CCP, paid is safer (/s)”

Anyone can share their positive experience with this platform compared to e.g. TurboTax ? I wouldn’t mind switching..
4 for 2020
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1739 posts
537 upvotes
Edmonton
eeek! why online version costs more than download.
Thanks for posting OP.
Glad I waited out since I got the email last week. I bought online version less the discount.
Nov 17, 2017
289 posts
86 upvotes
Gta
Can someone tell me if i should go for 4 or 12 deal?
I will be doing tax for few people in the family.

1) I, my wife and two kids under 18
2) Brother and his wife
3) my dad
4) Sister and 3 kids ( all kids under 18)

Thank you very much in Advance.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
5375 posts
1802 upvotes
skguyt20 wrote: Can someone tell me if i should go for 4 or 12 deal?
I will be doing tax for few people in the family.
You're probably better off with 12 return; the 4 return version only has 4 extra free returns for individuals earning less than 25K.
Jan 13, 2017
784 posts
373 upvotes
Thank you OP! Been using Ufile for years. Wanted to switch to studiotax or simpletax...but just couldn't re-enter all my info again.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2169 posts
2313 upvotes
Laputa
What's different between Ufile desktop and Ufile Online? The online one is much expensive...

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂