Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ufile.ca

Ufile - 12 Tax Return $21.99 with $5 Discount

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2021 6:01 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
JayG53946 wrote: It's usually reduced when you file it, not when you create the returns. At least that was the case the last few years.
But still not synchronised across the 2 PCs, each will have 4 or 12 returns from when you install it, I haven't tried filing over the limit however...
Nov 28, 2017
202 posts
100 upvotes
Is it saving your information locally or on the cloud?
Feb 9, 2007
335 posts
283 upvotes
Scarborough
Daijoubu wrote: But still not synchronised across the 2 PCs, each will have 4 or 12 returns from when you install it, I haven't tried filing over the limit however...
I have not tried yet, but I noticed that they mentioned registration required for 2020 tax year, it was optional for previous year.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8117 posts
4413 upvotes
I've used UFile with my tax clinic for the last 6 years and it is a terrible program to use. Confusing user interface, unexplainable bugs solved by restarting software, missing errors/prompts when information is entered but not applied for (e.g. OEPTC). We only use it because it's the only free EFILE capable software available to us.

For personal use, I recommend the volunteers use SimpleTax to file their own personal tax returns.
Mar 6, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for this. Cheapest price in years that I have paid. 13.99 plus tax. Have used Ufile for years and find it comprehensive for my complex taxes!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1366 posts
1318 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: I've used UFile with my tax clinic for the last 6 years and it is a terrible program to use. Confusing user interface, unexplainable bugs solved by restarting software, missing errors/prompts when information is entered but not applied for (e.g. OEPTC). We only use it because it's the only free EFILE capable software available to us.

For personal use, I recommend the volunteers use SimpleTax to file their own personal tax returns.
Really? Can you give us an example of a situation you encountered?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8117 posts
4413 upvotes
sparkaction wrote: Really? Can you give us an example of a situation you encountered?
If you're a student and trying to enter a T4A, it's under the 'Pension' category.

If you have scholarship income, but fail to enter # of months from your T2202 (even if you enter the tuition fees), it doesn't warn you that your scholarship income is now all taxable because the program doesn't realize you're a student. Note that # of months isn't even relevant these days, as it's been eliminated from the federal tax credit calculation (e.g. we no longer have the education and textbook credits federally, nor in Ontario - unsure other provinces).

To UFile's credit, they've actually fixed some of the other issues I had with OEPTC last year, though that was a problem I've had since 2014 (e.g. filling in all the rental information for the OEPTC's rent portion, but not checking "I apply for the 201X OEPTC" would provide no error/warning, and not calculate the OEPTC, nor check the box so that the CRA would process it).

I've had issues where it would be unable to calculate a return and the only solution was to close the program and reopen it again, then it would start working again. Never figured out that issue.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7234 posts
4888 upvotes
SW ON
SoroSuub1 wrote: I've used UFile with my tax clinic for the last 6 years and it is a terrible program to use. Confusing user interface, unexplainable bugs solved by restarting software, missing errors/prompts when information is entered but not applied for (e.g. OEPTC). We only use it because it's the only free EFILE capable software available to us.
Nothing like this in almost 10 years of use. I don't understand what I highlighted in bold. Isn't other free software available to everybody including you? Why not use it if you recommend it to others?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8117 posts
4413 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Nothing like this in almost 10 years of use. I don't understand what I highlighted in bold. Isn't other free software available to everybody including you? Why not use it if you recommend it to others?
If you are filing tax software on behalf of others, you must use EFILE-certified software. So tax clinics and professional accountants must use EFILE.

If you are filing taxes for you/your own family, you must use NETFILE-certified software. There is a lot of NETFILE-certified software options available for free/donation (StudioTax, Genutax, SimpleTax).

I have asked SimpleTax to consider releasing an EFILE version many times, it is not on their roadmap. For everyone else here preparing their own/family's returns, I don't recommend UFile.
Apr 27, 2015
249 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Price has gone up to $22.99 & $34.99
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2003
1453 posts
158 upvotes
Deal seems to work still. Download isn't available yet though.
May 8, 2003
101 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
Phoenix88 wrote: Deal seems to work still. Download isn't available yet though.
Download is now available. Tax time! :(
Nov 4, 2012
957 posts
397 upvotes
I didn't read every post.

Isn't simpletax better and free?. I actually donate $20 to them.
Sep 20, 2019
10 posts
15 upvotes
thank you OP. Promo code worked for online single return purchase. saved $4
Nov 9, 2006
402 posts
73 upvotes
Code still works...

UFile ONLINE Premium - Personal income tax (T1) return 2020 - Family head + Spouse + 2 Dependants
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Subtotal
$ 29.95
Discount
-$ 7.49
HST
$ 2.92
Total in Canadian funds
$ 25.38 CAD
May 31, 2015
151 posts
155 upvotes
AB
Dead. $5 code still working but prices back to 22.99 & 34.99
Dec 26, 2007
322 posts
384 upvotes
Montréal
Deal is back, discount code from OP for an additional $5 off, is valid for 2021 release.

The UFile Shop
SAVE UP TO 20% OFF.
PROMOTION ENDS DECEMBER 13, 2021.

UFile 4 for Windows - 2021 (download) reg. $22.99 now $19.99, use code UFAB89FADQ for additional 5$ discount brinigng the price to $14.99 plus applicable taxes ($17.24 in QC)
Includes 4 returns (plus 4 additional returns for modest income taxpayers) with email support.

or

UFile 12 for Windows - 2021 (download), reg. $34.99 now $27.99, use code UFAB89FADQ for additional 5$ discount brinigng the price to $22.99 plus applicable taxes ($26.43 in QC)
Includes 12 returns (plus 4 additional returns for modest income taxpayers) with email and telephone support.