Expired Hot Deals

[Ufile.ca] UFile 2019 (PC Personal Tax Software) $19 for 4 returns, $26 for 12 returns,

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2020 4:30 pm
Aug 20, 2019
111 posts
67 upvotes
Why don't people use simpletax instead and choose to use this?
Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13063 posts
13223 upvotes
Oakville
Johntheshopper wrote: Why don't people use simpletax instead and choose to use this?
+1, I've switched to simpletax from ufile and I'm very happy with it.

Simpletax is Free (donate if you want).
Feb 22, 2006
186 posts
27 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ndompierre wrote: Use code UFAB89FADQ to lower the price by 5$!

Too bad, code no more works..

Worked while posting...
Code worked for me when purchasing Online version. Thanks ndompierre!!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1314 posts
228 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks so much for posting OP and ndompierre for the -$6 code.

early purchase for family filing $18. one less thing to worry in february.
Dec 26, 2012
10 posts
72 upvotes
Kelowna
In my case, entering the code and clicking won't work,try push the enter key in keyboard instead. it worked for me but it was online version.
Nov 25, 2016
494 posts
348 upvotes
engineered wrote: +1, I've switched to simpletax from ufile and I'm very happy with it.

Simpletax is Free (donate if you want).
OP has issued a fatwa on these kind of talk.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2757 posts
1018 upvotes
GTA
engineered wrote: Simpletax is Free (donate if you want).
Actually it's not really "donate if you want"
https://simpletax.ca/faq
Ok, so how do you make money?

After you successfully submit your return to the CRA, we'll ask if you'd like to support SimpleTax. You can pay what you want, including zero. We rely entirely on amazing people, like you, to continue building SimpleTax. We don't receive any funding from the government.
So given that we always file 4 returns, and I would feel pretty shitty and petty donating just $4 (tax included) per return to the good people at WealthSimple - they need to eat too
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13063 posts
13223 upvotes
Oakville
flaming homer wrote: Actually it's not really "donate if you want"
https://simpletax.ca/faq

So given that we always file 4 returns, and I would feel pretty shitty and petty donating just $4 (tax included) per return to the good people at WealthSimple - they need to eat too
Wait... but you don't feel shitty paying Ufile the same amount?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2757 posts
1018 upvotes
GTA
engineered wrote: Wait... but you don't feel shitty paying Ufile the same amount?
Considering they're not asking for more, no I don't. Say, how much did you "donate" last year towards a single return @ SimpleTax ?

But you keep going on monitoring a deal thread on a product you have no intention of buying
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13063 posts
13223 upvotes
Oakville
flaming homer wrote: Considering they're not asking for more, no I don't. Say, how much did you "donate" last year towards a single return @ SimpleTax ?

But you keep going on monitoring a deal thread on a product you have no intention of buying
I really don't see how you feel bad paying the same amount to simpletax as you do to ufile.
That said, even $1 is better than nothing to them, because the transactional cost of one more return to them is essentially nothing.

I think I paid $10 for 2 returns last year.

BTW, I'm not monitoring the thread, I only get notifications when you quote me. Not sure why you get so butthurt about someone posting an alternative. Are you working for them?
I'm sure other users are happy to learn something new, and it can be ignored easily. I myself learned about simpletax posting in Ufile deal threads.
I'm sure there's HR Block fans that get pissed at Ufile users posting it as an option.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2757 posts
1018 upvotes
GTA
Yes, I work for Ufile and I get butt hurt when someone posts alternative deals ... /s

Okay people, StudioTax people, your turn to chime in - people who buy Ufile PC yearly have never heard of you either... /s
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1409 posts
849 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
c3apollyon wrote: Any deal for the online version?
wants to know deals on the online version as well
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1238 posts
572 upvotes
GTA
flaming homer wrote: Yes, I work for Ufile and I get butt hurt when someone posts alternative deals ... /s

Okay people, StudioTax people, your turn to chime in - people who buy Ufile PC yearly have never heard of you either... /s
Lets get Intuit TurboTax in here. The lobbying party that lobbies against automatic filing which EU already has and what Canada has half-baked in the CRA.
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2757 posts
1018 upvotes
GTA
jaksdj22 wrote: No Mac???
Unfortunately no, this and "Microsoft Money Deluxe Sunset Edition" are the only 2 reasons why I still own a PC

For Mac you should look into StudioTax - better idea than "sharing" your info with SimpleTax