Price:
Savings:
$8 off
Expiry:
December 12, 2016
Retailer:
Ufile.ca
More offers from Ufile.ca
You can pay now and complete your tax filing later. This is the lowest price Ufile online will be for the 2016 tax year.
Single return works out to $13.95 and family return (includes spouse and up to 2 dependants) is $19.95
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1532 posts
500 upvotes
What's the advantage of Ufile over something like SimpleTax?
May 2, 2011
229 posts
47 upvotes
It's the same price I paid in May 2016 but this year I won't be last minute! thanks OP

edit: was 15$ all inc on May 1st last year vs 20$ all inc now...
Last edited by nimor107 on Nov 27th, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1918 posts
1151 upvotes
Is there a deal for a family return ? 16 returns I think...
Jun 4, 2012
48 posts
30 upvotes
BRESLAU
"What's the advantage of Ufile over something like SimpleTax?"

I'm wondering the same thing. I've been using free StudioTax, an offline actual software, for years now with great success.

http://www.studiotax.com/en/?page=1
May 1, 2007
327 posts
58 upvotes
How do you pay now? It shows the year 2016 but when I click "Go" it just says "That year is not available at this time. Ufile online will be available mid January."
Aug 7, 2006
22 posts
19 upvotes
This is the email I got from their support. I went through the process and it works.

Here are the steps to follow in order to take advantage of our "Pay now and save" promotion where you can get up to $8 off the cost of UFile for 2016.

1. Go to: https://secure.ufile.ca/account/login.a ... arlybird=1
2. If you do not have an UFile ONLINE account, you can create it by clicking on "Create New Account";
3. If you have an UFile ONLINE account, enter in your user name and password;
4. Click on "Sign in" button;
5. Select the special offer that suits your needs (Individual or Family);
6. Click on the "Pay now and save" beside your selection;
7. Enter in your personnel information and click "Proceed";
8. Verify the billing address, enter in your credit card information and click "Submit".

Note: You cannot take advantage of the promotion under the "Payment" tab through the regular sign in page.

Once the payment is done, you will be able to start preparing your return in January, when the program will be ready.
Oct 16, 2014
254 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
i always use studio tax, its free and i usually donate some money to the developer every year and file taxes for the whole family
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7739 posts
4411 upvotes
Montreal
hank_x wrote: This is the email I got from their support. I went through the process and it works.

Here are the steps to follow in order to take advantage of our "Pay now and save" promotion where you can get up to $8 off the cost of UFile for 2016.

1. Go to: https://secure.ufile.ca/account/login.a ... arlybird=1
Thanks for the details.
When I was trying to login, my browser was not using the page with "earlybird" in url.

Make sure your browser is at "secure.ufile.ca/account/login.aspx?lang=E&earlybird=1"
VirginPlus 📱 / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink 🖨️
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7739 posts
4411 upvotes
Montreal
NabeelS182 wrote: i always use studio tax, its free and i usually donate some money to the developer every year and file taxes for the whole family
Too bad the Mac version of Studio Tax does not support Quebec tax returns, I would try it.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2005
1214 posts
512 upvotes
HaZaRd wrote: What's the advantage of Ufile over something like SimpleTax?
Woodcat wrote: I'm wondering the same thing. I've been using free StudioTax, an offline actual software, for years now with great success.
As someone who's used all 3, you'll get the same results from either once they're NetFile ceritifed late Jan / early Feb. Benefits of uFile I can think of:

• Familiarity, someone who has used uFile Online in the past will not have a high learning curve. StudioTax seems to have the most complicated interface, although SimpleTax really is simple.
  • uFile online historical information is available from any web browser going back as many as 15 years. With StudioTax you could manually store your files somewhere perhaps on your Hard Drive or cloud storage but if you change PC's and want to pull it up it could be a minor hassle. SimpleTax goes back to 2013.
  • Data safety, uFile is owned by a reputable financial company Thomson Reuters (not to say anything bad about SimpleTax, but they are a smaller company with less to lose should a data breach occur). StudioTax does not store your data to my knowledge.
  • Amount you pay is set. Technically SimpleTax does not advertise themselves as a free filing application, they're a Pay What You Want service. If you really like their service and prefer them, you should contribute. Studio Tax does advertise itself as a free service.
  • No installation necessary. StudioTax requires a local installation which seems a bit dated today.

In summary you really can't go wrong with any of the 3.
May 4, 2006
311 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using uFile web for about 10 years now and will continue to use them. Since I was an old user, they've sent me the same Email letting me know of the $8/off so it was a mere $20 for me and my wife. Personally I like the simplicity and am familiar with the format for the longest time now. Also data from previous years are carried over so that does help too. Doubt I'll ever change...
[Ebay] 658-0-0
[Heatware] 1-0-0
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3704 posts
403 upvotes
Do any of these discounts for ufile.ca 2016 still work? There is no payment screen this year, it's asking me to complete everything first, I already had an account from previous years.
Sep 28, 2010
100 posts
87 upvotes
southern Ontario
cashinstinct wrote: Too bad the Mac version of Studio Tax does not support Quebec tax returns, I would try it.
Simpletax supports the Mac (it’s a great web app) and this year it supports Quebec returns.
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Perfect timing, I need to submit my 2016 tax return soon. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7739 posts
4411 upvotes
Montreal
andesco wrote: Simpletax supports the Mac (it’s a great web app) and this year it supports Quebec returns.
Thanks I will try Simpletax.

EDIT: To be clear, I read Studiotax because the thread earlier talked about it, but Studiotax for Mac still does not support Quebec returns in 2016.
Last edited by cashinstinct on Jan 19th, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3704 posts
403 upvotes
likemontreal wrote: Perfect timing, I need to submit my 2016 tax return soon. Thanks.
Did the special offers appear for you? Nothing shows up for me.
Jul 21, 2013
895 posts
581 upvotes
Calgary
Simpletax is just so much easier, why saying it's the lowest price of 2016? Blunt lie.