Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ufile.ca

UFile for Windows - $13.99 with voucher

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2021 4:15 pm
Sep 10, 2020
30 posts
14 upvotes
Why? I was planning on using it, anything to look out for?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7641 posts
448 upvotes
BC
Nice! I think this is the lowest price for the last decade!
Thank you OP.
insert witty comment
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1719 posts
1082 upvotes
Hamilton
Good to have a decent alternative to TurboTax, which keeps increasing their base and add on prices like a greedy monopoly.

Wish Canada follow the course of some EU countries and send us the tax reminder that we owe/or refund, not the other way around.
Aug 16, 2005
765 posts
194 upvotes
this reminded me of paying for ufile.ca in advance. attempted to log in and I see they're forcing you to reset your password for what I believe is 2 factor authentication. the reset password thing doesn't work and sending email doesn't work either.
Any ideas? I don't want to end up getting stuck. Whats going on with them?
Anyone had luck resetting their pass? sorry for somewhat hijacking this thread

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
Can anyone comment on benefits of Ufile vs. SimpleTax? I was a long time TurboTax user that switched to SimpleTax a couple years ago and haven't looked back since.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've always used StudioTax (never used any other tax product so don't know any better, lol) and realized they're no longer free. If I'm doing a basic tax return, would the TurboTax free version be enough? Or do you guys think I should pay for UFile?
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Mar 13, 2011
319 posts
125 upvotes
BC
Just submitted my 2019 taxes, thought i should get on the 2020 right away, Thanks OP !
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2003
1193 posts
35 upvotes
Ordered. TY, OP! I've been using ufile for over a decade and I believe this is all time low in recent years, especially with their prices kept going up.
Oct 17, 2008
793 posts
331 upvotes
Earth
Stinger wrote: The whole concept of paying to find out how much I owe the government is insulting. You're the one getting paid... you do the math.
That is...if you really trust their system!! Lol...you should really have some idea how much to pay to be this lean back...Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 12, 2017
299 posts
199 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: Can anyone comment on benefits of Ufile vs. SimpleTax? I was a long time TurboTax user that switched to SimpleTax a couple years ago and haven't looked back since.
I'm still using the free version of turbotax. Just curious why you decided to stop using it
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1291 posts
423 upvotes
Calgary
Can i import last year TurboTax data in UFile?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2681 posts
1482 upvotes
Hometown
markdweasel wrote: this reminded me of paying for ufile.ca in advance. attempted to log in and I see they're forcing you to reset your password for what I believe is 2 factor authentication. the reset password thing doesn't work and sending email doesn't work either.
Any ideas? I don't want to end up getting stuck. Whats going on with them?
Anyone had luck resetting their pass? sorry for somewhat hijacking this thread

Thanks.
I had an issue trying to get into my account I have used for years.... I typically use Chrome.

I finally got them to send me an email to reset my password by clearing out everything in "cache" in Edge which I rarely use and sending a reset request. Even doing the same deleting all history and such I could not get them to respond to any request from Chrome...

Ironically once I got the email I was able to log in and reset my password using Chrome....
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Canuck2fan wrote: I had an issue trying to get into my account I have used for years.... I typically use Chrome.

I finally got them to send me an email to reset my password by clearing out everything in "cache" in Edge which I rarely use and sending a reset request. Even doing the same deleting all history and such I could not get them to respond to any request from Chrome...

Ironically once I got the email I was able to log in and reset my password using Chrome....
their platform is actually pretty antiquated.

i don't think there's been any significant changes to their web pages since 2010!
Nov 27, 2013
439 posts
227 upvotes
ykhehra1 wrote: Can i import last year TurboTax data in UFile?
Looks like You can

"If you're new to UFile you can import your TurboTax (desktop) or H&R Block (desktop) tax file for free and pick up right where you left off."

The only thing still making me want TurboTax right now is that I need to do about 7 returns and the cheap version of UFile only does 4 returns. TurboTax Standard with 8 returns at Costco is $30 and the interface of TurboTax looks much better
Feb 2, 2011
19 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks OP. UFile is the preferred tax return software in my household. Lowest price I can recall ever seeing. Ordered and upvoted!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
RedToronto wrote: I'm still using the free version of turbotax. Just curious why you decided to stop using it
I was using the paid version since it was all I knew for many years. I tried out simpletax to see how it was and didn’t end up being compelled in any way to go back. I’m not sure of the differences between simpletax and TurboTax’s free edition.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2681 posts
1482 upvotes
Hometown
konfusion666 wrote: their platform is actually pretty antiquated.

i don't think there's been any significant changes to their web pages since 2010!
Yeah that is so true.... They are not wasting a bunch of cash investing in upgrades LOL

Kind of why I stick with it though. I do not have to learn new tricks and the carry over function probable saves me 10 minutes each on the returns I do each year LOL.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
Thanks. Just need my documents for this year and I'll be good to go...
Dec 12, 2013
217 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
saulin wrote: Looks like You can

"If you're new to UFile you can import your TurboTax (desktop) or H&R Block (desktop) tax file for free and pick up right where you left off."

The only thing still making me want TurboTax right now is that I need to do about 7 returns and the cheap version of UFile only does 4 returns. TurboTax Standard with 8 returns at Costco is $30 and the interface of TurboTax looks much better
You can get the Ufile version with 12 returns for $21.99. That's 1.5x the amount of Turbotax returns for almost 2/3 the price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)