• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 12:23 am
[OP]
Aug 26, 2004
757 posts
17 upvotes
GTA

Ufile stopped accepting passwords

For some reason ufile.ca does stopped accepting my passwords for any of my accounts.

When I try to "change password" it asks me for a challenge phrase.
I made those accounts a long time ago, and I am certain that I was not asked for a challenge phrase.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Update:

After several days of waiting, I got an email response from support. After sending them some additional info on my account, they sent me a reset link that worked.

Related the process for the other accounts and everything seems to work ok now.
Last edited by Alexo on Jun 29th, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
22 replies
Mar 2, 2014
554 posts
265 upvotes
I had to reset my password to get in as well. Fortunately I remembered the answer to phrase. I would suggest giving them a call to see if they can do something over the phone
[OP]
Aug 26, 2004
757 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
It doesn't even ask me a question, just wants a secret phrase that I do not have.

I tried everything:
Posting on their forum got no replies.
Emailing support got no response.
Using the support template got me an unhelpful automated reply and then, when I replied to it, nothing.
Calling the phone number either disconnects me immediately with "there is no agent to answer your call" or puts me on eternal hold.

Frankly, I'm at my wits end.
Mar 31, 2017
13 posts
8 upvotes
My password has stopped working too!

I cannot remember the passphrase, I had no idea we had one.

Am trying to call now but on hold.

Looks like they screwed up!!!
[OP]
Aug 26, 2004
757 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
Let us know if you manage to get through.
Jun 28, 2020
2 posts
Alexo wrote: It doesn't even ask me a question, just wants a secret phrase that I do not have.

I tried everything:
Posting on their forum got no replies.
Emailing support got no response.
Using the support template got me an unhelpful automated reply and then, when I replied to it, nothing.
Calling the phone number either disconnects me immediately with "there is no agent to answer your call" or puts me on eternal hold.

Frankly, I'm at my wits end.
Just curious if anyone has been able to get any kind of help??? I'm in the same spot....password which worked in May, now all of the sudden isn't accepted....Been on hold for over an hour, and this was after being on hold for 2 hours on Friday.......
Jun 28, 2020
2 posts
Were you able to get any kind of help??? If so, please share the magic elixir....thx
Mar 31, 2017
13 posts
8 upvotes
Yeah I am in the same boat.

Password worked fine now no longer works. I have not changed it!

I tried calling but just put on hold for at least 40 mins, I gave up.

How can a company run like this?????????????????
[OP]
Aug 26, 2004
757 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
I finally got an email response from support. After sending them some additional info on my account, they sent me a reset link that worked.

Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1259 posts
779 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Mine stopped working as well was able to reset with secret question.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3242 posts
1934 upvotes
Kitchener
Alexo wrote: For some reason ufile.ca does stopped accepting my passwords for any of my accounts.

When I try to "change password" it asks me for a challenge phrase.
I made those accounts a long time ago, and I am certain that I was not asked for a challenge phrase.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Update:

After several days of waiting, I got an email response from support. After sending them some additional info on my account, they sent me a reset link that worked.

Those challenge phrases (or similar) are stupid because most will not understand the content of the question (challenge phrase). I had this at Petro Canada for my card. I think it simply said: "What is the answer?"
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13214 posts
2561 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Alexo wrote: I finally got an email response from support. After sending them some additional info on my account, they sent me a reset link that worked.

I'm in the same boat. I was able to get my password phrase correct but NO email link was sent in resetting the password. pathetic! What info did you send and what is their contact email??
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1416 posts
1038 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: I'm in the same boat. I was able to get my password phrase correct but NO email link was sent in resetting the password. pathetic! What info did you send and what is their contact email??
You can email for support at support@ufile.ca
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13214 posts
2561 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Bull Dog wrote: You can email for support at support@ufile.ca
I will try that. I've been responding to help@ufile.ca which is useless. They just send out a form letter about resetting passwords. None of which helps.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Aug 26, 2004
757 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
So people have been messaging me asking what I did to get the situation to resolve.
The truth is: nothing other than what I wrote in message #3:

1) Emailed support@ufile.ca with a detailed description of the problem from the email address that I registered the account with.

2) Used the support template from the "contact is" link, with the same description, and using the same email address. Category=Customer Service, SubCategory=User ID and password.
That resulted in an automated email reply from help@ufile.ca with a case number and unhelpful suggestions.
I replied to that email, repeating what the problem was and saying that none of the suggestions worked and please have a human contact me.

I also Posted on their forum and called the phone number but both proved useless.

After several days I did get a reply from a human, that said:
Hello,
Thank you for contacting UFile support.

Sorry for the delayed response.

If you do not remember your challenge phrase/security question or do not use anymore the email address used to create the account and could not reset your password:

Before granting access to your account with a new password, we must ensure that we verify that you are the account holder.
To assist us in this regard, please provide us with:
- Your user name;
- The phone number to reach you;
- The last 3 digits of SIN of the Family Head (i.e. the first person entered in the tax file);
- A copy of your UFile purchase invoice for your taxes (this year or last year);
- The email address used to create the account. If the email address used to create the account is no longer active, please provide the new email address.
I replied with the requested information and the next day they emailed me a reset link.