Ugg Shoe Size

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 9:57 am
Tags:
Jul 13, 2019
17 posts
7 upvotes

Ugg Shoe Size

My employer has decided to give out Ugg slippers to some employees to "show their appreciation for the hard work done in 2020".

They have sent me a link where I have to select which slipper I want and the size. The sizes are in US size. From what I read online US and Canadian shoe sizes are the same. The size that I buy here is a size 10.

However in the Ugg sizing chart here https://www.ugg.com/sizing-information.html when I follow the instructions to measure my foot, the size comes out to be 8.

So I am confused as to which size I need to select. Anybody have any idea in selecting Ugg shoe sizes? Thanks!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1157 posts
824 upvotes
Scarborough
From my experience, you need a size bigger for Uggs. At least that's been the experience of my family members for the slip-on shoes and the boots. That's probably 'cause of the all the fur inside.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
sudesingh wrote: From my experience, you need a size bigger for Uggs. At least that's been the experience of my family members for the slip-on shoes and the boots. That's probably 'cause of the all the fur inside.
100% correct. Size up if space is desired, order the true size and the fit will be snug-to-tight.
Oct 10, 2004
919 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
sudesingh wrote: From my experience, you need a size bigger for Uggs. At least that's been the experience of my family members for the slip-on shoes and the boots. That's probably 'cause of the all the fur inside.
This is my experience as well.
Jul 13, 2003
314 posts
1035 upvotes
I bought my son size 10 (his usual shoe size) Ugg slippers for Christmas and they fit snugly in bare feet but are too tight with thick socks on.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Heel to toe measurement is not an accurate measurement for shoe size. Some people have wider feet (in the toes, mid-foot and/or heel) or taller arches or prefer to have some gap between the front of the shoe and their toes or like a tight or relaxed fit.

On top of that, there's no standard! Every company has their own measurements. Just do a simple google search and you'll find that your foot ranges 2-3 sizes from all the different heel to toe measurements.

Also Canada does not have their own standard shoe size and predominantly uses the US standard... except high end brands that use the EU system. Basically, if you are typically a US10, then since people say they fit small/tight, I would go with US10.5.