Expired Hot Deals

[UGO] [YMMV] Get a bonus $10 Amazon.ca Gift Card when you use any card in your UGO Wallet by September 24.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 11:39 am
[OP]
May 28, 2018
151 posts
31 upvotes
ON

[YMMV] Get a bonus $10 Amazon.ca Gift Card when you use any card in your UGO Wallet by September 24.

Expiry:
September 24, 2020
Retailer:
UGO
Just got this in my mailbox.

Here's a reason to try using a card in UGO Wallet again – we think you'll see that it can't get any easier than this!

Carte-Cadeau Amazon.ca
Get a bonus $10 Amazon.ca Gift Card when you use any card in your UGO Wallet by September 24.
Limit one per customer. This offer is for you only and cannot be shared. Offer available while supplies last or until September 24, 2020. Bonus e-gift card will arrive in app by September 28. *Restrictions apply, see amazon.ca/gc-legal.
With me, you’ve got what you need in one app!

Buy and send e-gift cards to friends and family – or keep them for yourself!
With loyalty cards at your fingertips, you won't miss out on reward points at your favourite Canadian retailers
Store receipts so you'll have them handy in case of warranties, returns, or work expenses
Don't be without your membership cards – and track the expiry dates

More fine print:
Exclusive Offer for UGO Users
Terms and Conditions

This promotion is offered and fulfilled by UGO Mobile Solutions, a division of the Toronto Dominion Bank ("UGO," "we" or "us").

Eligibility:
This offer is available to individuals who have received this email from UGO between September 18, 2020 and September 24, 2020 ("Campaign Time Period") and have used any card in UGO Wallet during the campaign period. Individuals who complete the above actions (each an “Eligible Participant”, “you” or “your”) are eligible to receive a bonus $10 Amazon.ca Gift Card ("e-Gift Card").

Limit one (1) e-Gift Card (a) per person regardless of whether an individual owns more than one eligible smartphone; and (b) per eligible smartphone regardless of whether multiple individuals use the same smartphone. UGO reserves the right to require individuals to verify their eligibility. Offer void where prohibited by law.

Fulfillment:
On or before September 28, 2020, Eligible Participants will be able to claim their e-Gift Card through their UGO Wallet. Eligible Participants must keep the UGO Wallet app on their smartphone until they have claimed and redeemed the e-Gift Card. No hard copy of the e-Gift Card will be provided. The e-Gift Card may not appear exactly as depicted. The e-Gift Card must be claimed by October 31, 2020 or it will expire. Once claimed, the e-Gift Card will not expire.
Last edited by needmoremoola on Sep 18th, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1781 posts
955 upvotes
Cambridge
Also got this. Will stop at the LCBO and use this for my Air Miles card... easy $10, plus I get beer and wine!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7516 posts
2611 upvotes
How do they know whether you actually used the card or not?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1781 posts
955 upvotes
Cambridge
LNahid2000 wrote: How do they know whether you actually used the card or not?
They must get some notification on their end ( to know how much their app is being used) but I've had this offer from them in the past and did receive the bonus just for the scan.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5187 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
Received this and grab some beer and wine from LCBO later. Win win!
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4695 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
I have at least 10 offers, but I don’t know which device I used each.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2928 posts
2952 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Got it too... just using a loyalty card tho is ok ? And I can add one and use it... or one that was already on there prior to promo
Dec 3, 2009
359 posts
109 upvotes
Wondering the same too.

Would pulling up the card/barcode in the app itself be enough?

I don't think they can tell if you actually scan the card at a store or not.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2494 posts
458 upvotes
Vancouver
mrfrugal83 wrote: Got it too... just using a loyalty card tho is ok ? And I can add one and use it... or one that was already on there prior to promo
Wondering the same will scan pc card that I added today and hope it qualifies.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2928 posts
2952 upvotes
Oakville, ON
xiaobao wrote: Wondering the same will scan pc card that I added today and hope it qualifies.
Let me know thnx
Dec 18, 2019
27 posts
15 upvotes
Winnipeg
Didn't receive the offer but scanned the card anyways, just in case. Who knows, eh? :D Probably won't get my Amazon gift card but decided to give it a shot anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8632 posts
12122 upvotes
I also received their email this afternoon, so I opened the app and pulled out my Shoppers card.

I doubt they can know if the card was actually scanned, but I'll still make a valid purchase tomorrow.
orbitdesign wrote:
They must get some notification on their end ( to know how much their app is being used) but I've had this offer from them in the past and did receive the bonus just for the scan.
pentiumvi wrote: Wondering the same too.

Would pulling up the card/barcode in the app itself be enough?

I don't think they can tell if you actually scan the card at a store or not.
There's no way they can tell if the light from a scanner hit your phone, so I think it's just a matter of opening up the app, and call up a card.

If they were able to tell if certain cards were scanned, the balance on gift cards would get updated after using it, rather than manually having to update the balance each time.
[OP]
May 28, 2018
151 posts
31 upvotes
ON
Since this is targeted offer from UGO (my spouse has UGO but did not get the email), my guess is they will give us the $10 as long as they note activities in the app (activate barcode as if we are in the store). Agreed with other folks, they system would not be able to relay feedback to UGO.