[UJB] Dr. Martens Sale - Up to 60% OFF!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 6:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1567 posts
1828 upvotes
GTA
I still have 2 pairs of Docs from the 90s when they were still made in England. Not sure that any of the new ones are made there anymore, I'm pretty sure manufacture moved overseas to Asia, hence the drop in quality.
Still some pretty good prices, I might splurge for a pair although I don't wear Docs that often anymore. They've moved on to being more of a fashion trend shoe than an ugly-but-extremely-utilitarian shoe. Frustrating but hey, they have to find a way to compete. Thanks OP.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5841 posts
1241 upvotes
Richmond Hill
peakingduck wrote: Depends what you buy but you normally size down with docs

UK 7 = US 8-8.5
UK 8 = US 9-9.5
Its really hard to say because google says not all docs are the same sizing. I guess since there are no returns, i sized up just to be on the safe side. I had only 2 sizes to choose from, uk 7 or 8
Jun 12, 2009
749 posts
238 upvotes
They run true to size IMO
Mine are well over 10 years old, and holding well. The only caveat: they are heavy.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
55 posts
125 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: I still have 2 pairs of Docs from the 90s when they were still made in England. Not sure that any of the new ones are made there anymore, I'm pretty sure manufacture moved overseas to Asia, hence the drop in quality.
Still some pretty good prices, I might splurge for a pair although I don't wear Docs that often anymore. They've moved on to being more of a fashion trend shoe than an ugly-but-extremely-utilitarian shoe. Frustrating but hey, they have to find a way to compete. Thanks OP.
MIE (Made In England) boots avail exclusively here:
https://www.drmartens.com/ca/en_ca/c/made-in-england
Dec 13, 2016
239 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
BernardRyder wrote: I still have 2 pairs of Docs from the 90s when they were still made in England. Not sure that any of the new ones are made there anymore, I'm pretty sure manufacture moved overseas to Asia, hence the drop in quality.

I also have 2 pairs of DM,s left 1 is bought from Saudi Arabia last 2009 Made in England and 1 here Canada 2013 Made in Vietnam. They have very big different interns of quality and size, back in early 2001-2009 I only wore DM's for work the quality of DM's back then are great compare to the DM's now that are made from other countries.
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig