• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2009 11:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10748 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto

[Visions Electronics] Ultimate DSP Hands-Free Bluetooth Speakerphone UBT2000 $28 At Visions

For those who might just need some basic handsfree use in the car, and don't want to wear a headset. Like those of us in newly handsfree Ontario.
Shipping to ON is only $7.35, and should be similar, or less for other provinces.

• Pairable up to 4 users
• 2-line LCD display
• Voice dialing
• Speakerphone with swivel microphone
• Rotating mounting clip
• Multi-language voice announcement
• English/French/German/Spanish/Italian

http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/categor ... uctId=4986
8 replies
Feb 5, 2007
857 posts
119 upvotes
[quote="idiotcanuck" post_id="9659644" time="1256696304" user_id="223184"]For those who might just need some basic handsfree use in the car, and don't want to wear a headset. Like those of us in newly handsfree Ontario.
Shipping to ON is only $7.35, and should be similar, or less for other provinces.

http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/categor ... uctId=4986[/QUOTE

Anyone know about the sound quality of this? Google doesn't show much...
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1056 posts
214 upvotes
A friend from work bought one last time they were this price. Seemed to pair up well to my blackberry storm and to her lg shine. She did take it back after some issues with sound quality. I never did hear it myself but it might be worthwhile as the price is definately half of what most are going for.

I'll double check with her later today to see what exactly she thought was wrong with it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10748 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto
canadiantj wrote: A friend from work bought one last time they were this price. Seemed to pair up well to my blackberry storm and to her lg shine. She did take it back after some issues with sound quality. I never did hear it myself but it might be worthwhile as the price is definately half of what most are going for.

I'll double check with her later today to see what exactly she thought was wrong with it.
Thanks, that would be helpful.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16989 posts
1814 upvotes
Thornhill
Yes, let us know... having the name "DSP" appeals to us nerdy engineers :)

From the website:
[QUOTE] * DSP bluetooth car kit
* Bluetooth V 1.2
* Pairable for four users
* Display caller telephone number (multi-languages)
* Announce caller telephone number (multi-languages)
* Support voice dialing
* Call transfer
* Mute on/off
* 20 Calls memory
* Talk time 5 to 6 hours
* Standby time 130 hours
* Charging time 2 hours
* Charging indicator
* Lower battery indicator
* Unit size (L x W x T): 153 x 60 x 30mm
* Operated by rechargeable battery
* Mount at car sunvisor by magnet
* CE and R and TTE directives
* BQB approval [/QUOTE]

Curious how it charges, or whether we can replace the crappy battery with something better, say an Eneloop... Any other recommendations for BT speaker phones?

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1056 posts
214 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Thanks, that would be helpful.
Turns out that there were random drop offs from the unit, ending calls and problems keeping the pairing together. Very limited instructions from what my co worker said. Might have been a bad unit or maybe you get what you pay for.

I guess if you dont mind returning it if you have to, go for it. (if you live near a Visions that is)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)