Expired Hot Deals

[Ultra Mobile] US only (T-Mobile MNVO) 1 year of unlimited talk/text 3gb LTE data per month $100.80 USD + taxes

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2020 11:21 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1478 posts
3824 upvotes
Pawtucket

US only (T-Mobile MNVO) 1 year of unlimited talk/text 3gb LTE data per month $100.80 USD + taxes

Retailer:
Ultra Mobile
https://www.ultramobile.com/product/3gb ... month+plan

Ultra Mobile is a T-Mobile MVNO so you will get the same coverage as T-Mob. The deal is 6 months + 6 months free for a total of 12 months. Calling and texting are unlimited within the US and includes international calling/texting to many countries (including Canada)
https://www.ultramobile.com/international-calling/

Use promo code: ultra to bring down price to $100.80 from $126.00.

Taxes are extra and will vary depending on where you are shipping to. Shipping only within the US and no roaming service in Canada. My total to WA state is $116.15 which is just under $10 USD/ month for a year of service.
This is good for those that travel down south often. You will need to activate within 45 days of order.

The SD thread indicates that data will be throttled to 128k if the 3gb data is exceeded.

If you have a US Amex card, the deal can be sweeter if you have the Cell Phone Amex Offer. I have 500MR if I spend $100+ on a cell phone bill which this would qualify as.

Not as good as the Mint Mobile deal I posted before because that deal had the extra Topcashback incentive. No cashback deal for Ultra unfortunately
Last edited by redboy69 on Oct 12th, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
24 replies
Nov 20, 2017
360 posts
494 upvotes
Just so I understand, not only can I not get this in Canada, but I can't even use it in Canada?

I appreciate the detail in the post, but this feels like it's in the wrong place.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6939 posts
1187 upvotes
BC
prodacc wrote: Just so I understand, not only can I not get this in Canada, but I can't even use it in Canada?

I appreciate the detail in the post, but this feels like it's in the wrong place.
As OP stated in the title, US only, and in the post itself, this is good for those that travel down south often. I don't know how much clearer they could have made it that this post isn't useful if you're not traveling to the US often. With the big 3's roaming rate of $7/day you'd need to spend 22+ days in the US over the course of a year for this plan to be worthwhile.
Aug 24, 2018
375 posts
391 upvotes
Langley BC
prodacc wrote: Just so I understand, not only can I not get this in Canada, but I can't even use it in Canada?

This is a really good deal for snowbirds or for people whom have vacation property or for people whom just travel south a lot. I think there are lots of people whom will benefit from this.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1477 posts
194 upvotes
I can't find the place to enter the ultra promo code. At what stage is it entered?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it. You have to look at the Have a coupon? link on the shopping cart page.
Jul 8, 2019
16 posts
39 upvotes

I travel to the USA a few times a month, and appreciate this post.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3419 posts
305 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, [...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 14th, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Jul 24, 2019
33 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP , was looking for some US deal
Travel a lot spontaneously in US and I’m sure lots of people who travel will look into it
Nov 30, 2013
113 posts
98 upvotes
NB
[removed]

I travel to the USA every week and cross the border multiple times per week. I am confident that a very large % of the people on here are frequent travelers to the USA as well. I just got done using the free hot spot from T-Mobile and their service was quite good along the east coast with the exception of northern Maine. In that time I only used 2.5 GB so this deal would be great for me.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 14th, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Sep 10, 2018
44 posts
81 upvotes
[removed]
I believe it's different when some people live 2 minutes from the USA. I appreciate USA deals as do many people here. From several cities in Ontario alone you are within 30 minutes to the boarder. Asia is just a tad bit further. Guaranteed there is a lot more people here who travel into the USA vs Asia on a regular basis.

So no I don't want coupons for Asia

Yes I want to know about crazy deals that can be had by crossing an imaginary line 23 minutes from my house

If you buy a new shed build it then fill it with your junk, then a week later there is a great deal on a different shed, it does you no good but doesn't mean it's useless to anyone. A deal in Asia vs one across the street are very much different.

Nice post op MANY MANY rfd users will find this very useful
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 14th, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Feb 29, 2016
56 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver,BC
Bubbahee wrote: [removed]
I believe it's different when some people live 2 minutes from the USA. I appreciate USA deals as do many people here. From several cities in Ontario alone you are within 30 minutes to the boarder. Asia is just a tad bit further. Guaranteed there is a lot more people here who travel into the USA vs Asia on a regular basis.

So no I don't want coupons for Asia

Yes I want to know about crazy deals that can be had by crossing an imaginary line 23 minutes from my house

If you buy a new shed build it then fill it with your junk, then a week later there is a great deal on a different shed, it does you no good but doesn't mean it's useless to anyone. A deal in Asia vs one across the street are very much different.

Nice post op MANY MANY rfd users will find this very useful
I am not sure why my comment got removed when I am just having a calm discussion. The reason for removing my comment was because it was rude. Is this how the way things work here? People only want to read things that go their way and anything else will get removed?

Yes, I think you are right about there are more people who travel to the States than Asia, but I could also say that there are more people who stay in Canada and do not go to the States regularly than people who do travel to the States.

You don't benefit from an Asia deal because you don't travel frequently to Asia, and therefore you don't want to see Asia deals. That I totally understand. That is also why I don't think it is fair in anyway because the same goes for people who don't travel to the States frequently or travel to the States at all.

I think posting foreign country deals when there are other foreign deal sites that does the job is not right. That is why I don't encourage others to do so on this Canadian site no matter if the deal is from the States , or somewhere in Europe or Asia. If a deal one can only buy and use in the States can be posted here, I still don't see why an Asia deal cannot be posted here. A deal is a deal, and if it benefits someone, who are we to judge how many people will benefit before it is worth posting on this site?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8547 posts
1011 upvotes
beleii wrote:
I think posting foreign country deals when there are other foreign deal sites that does the job is not right. That is why I don't encourage others to do so on this Canadian site no matter if the deal is from the States , or somewhere in Europe or Asia. If a deal one can only buy and use in the States can be posted here, I still don't see why an Asia deal cannot be posted here. A deal is a deal, and if it benefits someone, who are we to judge how many people will benefit before it is worth posting on this site?
Should we post Aliexpresa deals? Not sure what you mean "it's not right" it's not like it's illegal or something.

If the title says US, you don't have to actually click on it and complain. You can just avoid it, I'm sure tons of people take advantage of US deals. Look at the huge AT&T thread, that was an awesome promo and lots of RFDer's got in on it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1478 posts
3824 upvotes
Pawtucket
Just received shipping notification. Looks like Ultra Mobile and Mint Mobile are sister companies as the email came from Mint Mobile. The UI on the website registration also looks the same. Its also coming from Cost Mesa, CA which is where my Mint Mobile sims came from.

When activating the sim, I suspect it will also be similar to Mint so you shouldn't need to put in a credit card for future billing. Just skip that option if it allows you.