Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25464 posts
4606 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: Damn. 8 items too much! 5items I'd probably do it

Wait u can just upload the receipt then return it
I don't eat uncle bens! I'm Asian Face With Tears Of Joy

Screenshot_20210125-061219_XBrowser.jpg
Are you kidding me? Don't buy the stuff if you're not going to keep it.
That's how promotions like this never get offered again, on top of returning food that you never intended to keep anyway.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19581 posts
6894 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Will this give me the proper wok hei for egg fried rice? Asking for Roger.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4141 posts
1447 upvotes
Shaner wrote: Are you kidding me? Don't buy the stuff if you're not going to keep it.
That's how promotions like this never get offered again, on top of returning food that you never intended to keep anyway.
They only accepted 3 out of the 8 bags I bought.. and yes, I bought eligible products. They didn't give any reason.

I think I'll buy some more, but I'll do that "buy and return" trick for the 5 remaining products.

and im not ashamed.
Jun 24, 2015
244 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
can always donate if you don't eat it! win-win :)
Apr 24, 2014
174 posts
108 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Will this give me the proper wok hei for egg fried rice? Asking for Roger.
As long as you have a gas-top stove, it should be fine. If you're using an electric or induction stove... Haiyaa!
"In films when they are holding on for their lives, if you can't do a pull up you will probably die."
"Mufasa skipped back day, and so Simba lost his daddy. Do pullups or Scar will kill you and take your pride!"
Sep 19, 2009
286 posts
134 upvotes
Cold deal for gas stove owners, the non-stick coating will melt off. Might be okay if you have an induction or electric stove?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19581 posts
6894 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Arkv wrote: Cold deal for gas stove owners, the non-stick coating will melt off. Might be okay if you have an induction or electric stove?
Ayahhh... now I'm so confused.
Sep 19, 2009
286 posts
134 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Ayahhh... now I'm so confused.
PFOA coatings can only withstand up to about 300C, and your gas stove is guaranteed to burn hotter than that. People recommend cooking on medium/low with gas stoves for coated woks, but then what's the point of using the wok at all?
Feb 28, 2008
114 posts
36 upvotes
I've been trying to buy the Natural select Spanish style for 6 months now. Out of stock everywhere. Anybody know where I can buy it? Thanks.
Feb 3, 2019
299 posts
283 upvotes
Arkv wrote: PFOA coatings can only withstand up to about 300C, and your gas stove is guaranteed to burn hotter than that. People recommend cooking on medium/low with gas stoves for coated woks, but then what's the point of using the wok at all?
Any suggestion on good wok for gas stove that can withstand high heat?
Mar 1, 2014
638 posts
739 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: anyone know if the no frills at yonge/16 still has the bistro express for $1 each?
They got plenty Saturday evening, both on the shelves and in some bin nearby, so most likely they still have them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8513 posts
3685 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
BinaryJay wrote: Will this give me the proper wok hei for egg fried rice? Asking for Roger.
He'll put leg down from chair. Uncle Ben recommends not washing rice, he should not be called uncle.

Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1017 posts
271 upvotes
Montreal
ztauby wrote: As per previous thread, if the WOK is the same it requires gas stove to get hot enough, just so your should know

Yeah this is important
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9489 posts
14619 upvotes
yuprules wrote: Many reviews indicate the non stick coating peels after light use, doesn't seem worth it to get a "Free Wok" unless you are already buying the rice.
You cannot base reviews from Amazon, since my link doesn't mean it's the exact model.

Mine is still good as new, but I'm not using it on a gas stove, so maybe that's why.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19581 posts
6894 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Arkv wrote: PFOA coatings can only withstand up to about 300C, and your gas stove is guaranteed to burn hotter than that. People recommend cooking on medium/low with gas stoves for coated woks, but then what's the point of using the wok at all?
Whoosh.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1319 posts
2021 upvotes
Just donate or keep it. Food gets thrown out when returned. We RFDers are cheap, sure, but don't be that cheap and wasteful.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2863 posts
4511 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My Uncle Roger would approve of the wok but not of this Uncle Ben. Probably disown Uncle Ben from the family for using this rice.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1396 posts
460 upvotes
I'll be glad to buy anyone's wok for $10 if they don't want it