Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
21118 posts
8010 upvotes
Socially Distanced

Under car wash

Car was nice and clean, and had driven in the rain a few times.
But went out this week and is covered in salt again.
I have had trouble finding a car wash that washes underneath the car.
Petro claims to do it but not all their washes do, learned that the hard way.

Any recommendations?
Last edited by Quentin5 on May 11th, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6888 posts
3150 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Some more posts to help perhaps:

should-i-washing-undercarriage-my-car-2346459/
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
21118 posts
8010 upvotes
Socially Distanced
angryaudifanatic wrote: I know not directly on topic, but thought I'd send this your way in case it's helpful

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... lsrc=aw.ds

I use this on all of my cars.
Ironically i already have one of these from that clearance sale years ago, though it won't connect to my non Ryobi pressure washer Angry Face
I have had no luck finding an adapter, though i never made it to Princess Auto pre lockdown.
georvu wrote: Some more posts to help perhaps:

should-i-washing-undercarriage-my-car-2346459/
I do get Corrosion free but every spring i do like to wash off accumulated salt.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6888 posts
3150 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Good old garden hose when all else not available... gonna be warm next mid week so great time for wash as well.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2728 posts
174 upvotes
Burlington
I'm pretty sure the petro at walkers and uppermiddle does an under car spray as you're pulling in. Don't think it does a full underbody wash tho. Its a touchless one as well if you're looking for that.

Otherwise non-touchless one at appleby and dundas petro I'm pretty sure does under body.

Both require I think the higher carwash price tag tho
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29313 posts
9889 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Ironically i already have one of these from that clearance sale years ago, though it won't connect to my non Ryobi pressure washer Angry Face
I have had no luck finding an adapter, though i never made it to Princess Auto pre lockdown.
LOL I was going to say, "weren't you the guy that told me about the underbody washer?" :lol:

If you ever want to sell that thing for less than it sells at HD for currently... :D
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
21118 posts
8010 upvotes
Socially Distanced
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL I was going to say, "weren't you the guy that told me about the underbody washer?" :lol:
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
If you ever want to sell that thing for less than it sells at HD for currently... :D
I will take this offer under advisement Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3385 posts
2188 upvotes
Montreal
Quentin5 wrote: Ironically i already have one of these from that clearance sale years ago, though it won't connect to my non Ryobi pressure washer Angry Face

I do get Corrosion free but every spring i do like to wash off accumulated salt.
Since you already have a pressure washer, just spray the under carriage from all 4 directions, it'll work fine.

Alternatively use a trick I got from my offroading days, park on top of a oscillating sprinkler, if it works for mud it'll work for salt.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
21118 posts
8010 upvotes
Socially Distanced
jzmtl wrote: Since you already have a pressure washer, just spray the under carriage from all 4 directions, it'll work fine.
I cannot reach much of it.
If i had a hoist that would be awesome.
Alternatively use a trick I got from my offroading days, park on top of a oscillating sprinkler, if it works for mud it'll work for salt.
Its not very thorough.