• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2015 3:48 am
Tags:
None
May 16, 2003
583 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
Since the damage has been done I just wanted to say that this was probably the best laptop deal I ever got. That machine is still going after all these years while newer laptops are dead and gone. It's on it's third owner. Took it apart once and put arctic silver on the heatsinks, cleaned the fan, and installed windows 7. I bought mine online so I never had the recovery disk issue. Interesting how personal greed translated to being "forced" to pay. :)

I wonder what happened to all of futureshop's extended in-house warranties they sold. Good luck going back to the store.
-Sean
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
moss27 wrote: I hope FS gets shut down.
It's still open @ Yonge & Eglinton (on Yonge)...oh wait...in a very tiny banner it reads "Welcome to Best buy".
Gawd! I wish they'd change the outside sign. It looks like they're just finishing off the Future shop lease with no plan to stick around...
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2075 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver
playnicee1 wrote: It's still open @ Yonge & Eglinton (on Yonge)...oh wait...in a very tiny banner it reads "Welcome to Best buy".
Gawd! I wish they'd change the outside sign. It looks like they're just finishing off the Future shop lease with no plan to stick around...
Its like that at all the FS locations that have re-opened as BB. All the banners and section headers are the old red and white FS signs, even the double arrow sign of the old FS can still be seen, except now you see employees dress in BB polo's and price tags in BB yellow and white. Kind of weird feeling if you ask me. :confused:
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
seanster wrote: I wonder what happened to all of futureshop's extended in-house warranties they sold. Good luck going back to the store.
My guess would be that they are now being honoured by Best Buy ;) .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)