unhaggle price

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2019 3:40 pm
Tags:
Jun 17, 2017
249 posts
35 upvotes

unhaggle price

Is unhaggle price the real price what the dealership has paid for? How about manufacturer's bundle discounts given to the dealership? how can I find those details?
10 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21164 upvotes
Toronto
“Real” price ? Nobody knows unless you are the general sales mgr and Principal of the dealer
May 20, 2010
801 posts
118 upvotes
My experience - went to a dealer, found a offer on a truck but decided to think about it. Researching online, found out about unhaggle and sent in a request. Got contacted a day or so later, and they wouldn't give any details but wanted me to go down to the dealership. Went down and the unhaggle price was more than what the other dealer was offering, few hundred bucks more, all in if I recall. Was about 5 yrs ago or so.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
It's not the real price but it gives you a good idea how to approach negotiations. Different auto makers are also different with how much they will discount. Toyota Rav4 good luck getting her Unhaggle price as it's hot in demand plus a Toyota.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
The unhaggle price "cost of dealership" is probably higher than their real purchase price. I would start with that price lowball 2 grand and work your way up from there.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
people told me they got a deal after finding out about unhaggle - free version.
They said they paid what the dealer paid + $450.

Now you tell me: would the dealer do all the work, order the car, store the car for months, pay for various employees, pay lease for the location and garage, and make $450/car?
Mar 31, 2009
449 posts
688 upvotes
Profit margin on new cars, especially non-luxury, is probably dealer's less profitable cost centre.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
4498 posts
6934 upvotes
Somewhere in AB
konsensei wrote: people told me they got a deal after finding out about unhaggle - free version.
They said they paid what the dealer paid + $450.

Now you tell me: would the dealer do all the work, order the car, store the car for months, pay for various employees, pay lease for the location and garage, and make $450/car?
The dealers do not make much money from new cars. They make money from their financing office (think: extended warranties, rust proofing, etc.), servicing, and selling used vehicles.
"You don’t need to sacrifice stability, common sense, and comfort if a 1% bond still lets you achieve your financial goals." M. Housel
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1925 posts
488 upvotes
YVR
Unhaggle price is not the actual price the stealers pay the manufacturer. It just shows an invoice price. Keep in mind that there are all sorts of kickbacks from the manufacturer that never goes on the unhaggle price.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12889 posts
13083 upvotes
Ever since dealer cost was leaked to CarcostCanada other services like it, dealer and manufacturer now works on kickbacks that is invisible these queries.

Dealer won't lose money on selling you a car. But margin is low and they really want you to go back for service.
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1316 upvotes
Yup. I really think that invoice pricing is "real". But at the end of year/month/quarter they get a lot of kickbacks/rebates from the manufacturer based on sales, this happens a lot in retail, they also try to get you with the warranty and rustproofing and paint protection and that other garbage. If you're a buyer for a large company you'll know. The rebates you get back are usually pretty big too.