Unhaggle vs CCC reported manf. rebates

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 10:01 am
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2732 posts
1031 upvotes

Unhaggle vs CCC reported manf. rebates

I posted this in the thread where Unhaggle is giving everyone dealer invoice prices, thought a separate thread might be easier to get some insight

Looking at a 2018 Subaru Outback Touring and using both Unhaggle and CarCostCanada to check on invoice price and manufacturer rebates, I'm noticing a difference between the two and not sure what to trust

Unhaggle reports a $2k finance rebate or $1k lease rebate

CCC reports only a $1k 'subaru stackable dollars', nothing on a lease

We had a quote done up by a dealer and they added in the $1k stackable dollars subtracted from the price, I think he only did this as I had a printout of the CCC report and asked him what the stackable dollars were

So wondering why/how the difference between what the two are reporting, and is there any way I can confirm which is true? Looking specifically at the finance option

Edit - solved, the $2k showing on the Unhaggle report was only for financing >= 72 months, anything <= 60 months is a $1k rebate
Last edited by Eldorado on Sep 24th, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
I would have gone with the Uhaggle report.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2732 posts
1031 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: I would have gone with the Uhaggle report.
In hindsight I probably should have printed that one instead :)

But I'll still push for the $2k rebate if I decide to go for it, just don't want to look a fool asking for something that may not exist
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Eldorado wrote: In hindsight I probably should have printed that one instead :)

But I'll still push for the $2k rebate if I decide to go for it, just don't want to look a fool asking for something that may not exist
Part of negotiating...not being a fool at all!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3135 posts
1308 upvotes
There's a$2000 discount for cash purchases.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
I always thought that stackable subie dollars were for accessories and not off the cost of the vehicle. When did you run the CCC report? Same day/time as uhaggle?
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2732 posts
1031 upvotes
koffey wrote: I always thought that stackable subie dollars were for accessories and not off the cost of the vehicle. When did you run the CCC report? Same day/time as uhaggle?
That's what I thought too, sales guy didn't seem to know so was surprised when he emailed the quote

Yep, ran them same day.. checking Unhaggle again right now shows the same rebates, CCC is a bit of a pain finding a temp phone # to use
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Eldorado wrote: That's what I thought too, sales guy didn't seem to know so was surprised when he emailed the quote

Yep, ran them same day.. checking Unhaggle again right now shows the same rebates, CCC is a bit of a pain finding a temp phone # to use
Did you pay for your CCC reports? I know I did. So maybe there's the difference. Maybe the free CCC reports don't give you all the goods. ??
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2732 posts
1031 upvotes
koffey wrote: Did you pay for your CCC reports? I know I did. So maybe there's the difference. Maybe the free CCC reports don't give you all the goods. ??
Could be right.. nope just ran the 1 free report they give you

I'll try pushing for the $2k rebate on the Unhaggle report then
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2732 posts
1031 upvotes
Solved my own mystery, the $2k showing on the Unhaggle report was only for financing >= 72 months, anything <= 60 months is a $1k rebate

Just made a deal for 4% over invoice + back seat protectors + floor mats +$1k rebate at 0.5%, hearing the talk around these forums about Subaru refusing to deal I'm feeling like I did good after a couple back and forths, but I always wonder how much better I could have done :)

Would be nice for the Unhaggle and CCC guys to update their reports to account for this kind of scenario which I can imagine is not too uncommon

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)