43 upvotes
Thanks OP! In for 2. Been waiting a long time for these
1x Zoomer $36 for 6GB BYOD,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Zoomer $45 for 6GB + Samsung A32,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
Nov 19, 2017
80 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, didn't need camera but was waiting for Access Point U6-Lite-US to be in stock and just checked the website looking at your post and they are back in stock and end up ordering one.
Jun 7, 2005
131 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op! Been waiting since July.
Sep 1, 2008
502 posts
1043 upvotes
Pardon my ignorance. What makes this camera better than other IP cams?
Mar 4, 2008
329 posts
224 upvotes
Gatineau
I was looking into an Hikvision 4 camera NVR kit. Would it be better to invest in these cameras instead with a Cloud Key Gen2 Plus, for a simple home surveillance system?
Jan 2, 2020
4 posts
3 upvotes
Badder wrote: Pardon my ignorance. What makes this camera better than other IP cams?
In terms of general "better"-ness, theres nothing that makes this camera particularly stand out aside from possibly build quality; using a metal housing and user interface inside the phone app. However to answer the general gist in your question, this camera is part of a Unifi eco system where if you already had this system, you can only use Unifi cameras so they're in demand if you already started your setup and require additional cameras.
Jul 13, 2016
291 posts
651 upvotes
Badder wrote: Pardon my ignorance. What makes this camera better than other IP cams?
Absolutely nothing.

You pay over double of the price of every alternative and it's capped at 24fps, it's only IPX4, fixed focus, no MicroSD card slot as backup if the NVR is down, no H.265 support, middling night vision quality due to a small sensor, the sensor is 5MP but the video stream is 1440p (about 3.6 in megapixels) which hints that they're probably stretching the native video stream, and as far as I can tell 100% of video processing (eg. person detection) happens on the NVR not the camera so it can't even trigger its own alerts.

It's basically a 2016 camera from every other manufacturer except with a 5MP sensor, sold at an actual price premium.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)