May 15, 2020
Retailer:
Union Jack Boots
0214-01.jpg

Found the following sale, Dr. Marten boots - up to 40% off

Sale fav - 101 Cheery Red > reg 179$ now only 99$

Full size run available.

Enjoy~
Last edited by TomRFD on May 6th, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
16 replies
Nov 6, 2014
648 posts
971 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Anyone have any feedback on these? Are they comfortable?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
1540 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
fordmaple wrote: Anyone have any feedback on these? Are they comfortable?
the leather is very rigid to begin with, so initially no, esp the heel/ankle area, i'd suggest wearing thick socks for these.
they'll take awhile to break in then they'll be better, but when it comes to comfort (compared to other boots out there) these are not known for it.
they're known to last and for their timeless design tho.
Nov 7, 2013
733 posts
501 upvotes
Ottawa
Take note: these are the smooth variety and not the Docs of my youth at all. Way way lower quality. I bought these a few years ago not knowing they had 3 levels of craftsmanship. If you want actual real Docs from back in the day, save your dockets....lots of them. THESE (quilon, not smooth) are real Docs. And wow expensive now.

I should add that this smooth version aren't nearly as comfortable, durable, or as nice looking. Hard regret jumping on them in an urge and should have bought the quilon version.
Feb 2, 2006
486 posts
322 upvotes
I've worn docs for most of my life and I was looking to buy another pair a few months ago but after looking at some in a store and reading the reviews online, I can honestly say that unless they go back to the quality and workmanship docs were known for, I'll never buy another pair.
Jun 5, 2010
484 posts
508 upvotes
Ottawa
Note that their refund policy is different for sale items:
"All sale items are FINAL SALE, no exchanges or refunds for items purchased at discount price. Quantities are limited."
  • You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
  • The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
  • You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
May 24, 2007
95 posts
11 upvotes
Doc Martens dont have a shank. For me its noticeable after wearing for a while. Definitely impacts comfort as the arch collapses with each step.
Nov 7, 2013
733 posts
501 upvotes
Ottawa
Turge wrote: I've worn docs for most of my life and I was looking to buy another pair a few months ago but after looking at some in a store and reading the reviews online, I can honestly say that unless they go back to the quality and workmanship docs were known for, I'll never buy another pair.

You want the ones I linked to above but they are $320 and don't go on sale.
Oct 24, 2018
365 posts
350 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Take note: these are the smooth variety and not the Docs of my youth at all. Way way lower quality. I bought these a few years ago not knowing they had 3 levels of craftsmanship. If you want actual real Docs from back in the day, save your dockets....lots of them. THESE (quilon, not smooth) are real Docs. And wow expensive now.

I should add that this smooth version aren't nearly as comfortable, durable, or as nice looking. Hard regret jumping on them in an urge and should have bought the quilon version.
Or search for Solovair boots, they used to make Dr Martens under license many years ago, and continue to make boots in the same way under their own label today.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
1523 posts
476 upvotes
Markham
nffclsr wrote: Or search for Solovair boots, they used to make Dr Martens under license many years ago, and continue to make boots in the same way under their own label today.

Looks like Rose Anvil Agrees with you
[FS] BNWT Bellfield Faux Fur Trim Parka

Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Jul 2, 2005
372 posts
106 upvotes
Mississauga
Check the Red Wing Iron Rangers, on sale at Sail but still pricey at $322.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1038 posts
742 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
ivrsn_des wrote: the leather is very rigid to begin with, so initially no, esp the heel/ankle area, i'd suggest wearing thick socks for these.
they'll take awhile to break in then they'll be better, but when it comes to comfort (compared to other boots out there) these are not known for it.
they're known to last and for their timeless design tho.
These are not the boots they used to be. They USED to be known to last. And the leather is fairly cheap and thin.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Nov 7, 2013
733 posts
501 upvotes
Ottawa
nffclsr wrote: Or search for Solovair boots, they used to make Dr Martens under license many years ago, and continue to make boots in the same way under their own label today.
Oh I have. Know where I can get oxblood size 11, 9 holes let me know! LOL. They're out of stock everywhere I've found.
Oct 24, 2018
365 posts
350 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Oh I have. Know where I can get oxblood size 11, 9 holes let me know! LOL. They're out of stock everywhere I've found.
They only seem to make 6, 8, 11 or 20 hole these days, that might be why you are coming up blank in your search. 8 hole in oxblood is available right from nps-solovair:

https://www.nps-solovair.com/collection ... 5670025280

Their monkey boot is my favorite, and I've been meaning to pick up a pair for years.
Nov 7, 2013
733 posts
501 upvotes
Ottawa
nffclsr wrote: They only seem to make 6, 8, 11 or 20 hole these days, that might be why you are coming up blank in your search. 8 hole in oxblood is available right from nps-solovair:

https://www.nps-solovair.com/collection ... 5670025280

Their monkey boot is my favorite, and I've been meaning to pick up a pair for years.
Thanks, 8 is what I meant. But, they're sold out there. Crying Face

Oops they have them in stock actually! Was the half size that's out of stock. $267 beats $320 as well!