Expired Hot Deals

[Union Jack Boots] Dr.Martens Sale - Up to 75% OFF!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2019 4:13 pm
Jun 7, 2013
169 posts
104 upvotes
Mascouche
Did anyone got spare laces ? Apparently all boots and shoes come with extra laces. None of the boots I ordered came with those...

Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1666 posts
344 upvotes
The more I look at the pics the more they remind me of crappy Aldo boots, as most know Aldo shoes last if lucky a year. I still say the leather looks paper thin but still not even received shipment yet.
These can't compare to my Chippewas or even skechers
Dec 29, 2014
128 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do these guys reply to emails? They sent me 1 item instead of 2 and have not replied to my email.
Feb 20, 2015
134 posts
97 upvotes
Southern Ontario
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 10:20 pm
You haven't seen teens and young adults wearing them everywhere lately all over Toronto? In the last 2 years they've become about as ubiquitous as Blundies.
Nope, don’t live in Toronto. I mostly see teens in tight sweatpants around the calves and running shoes. Looks ridiculous on guys.

Rarely see Docs around here but I live in a city where most kids I see are Arabic.
May 23, 2008
613 posts
197 upvotes
Gtown
Ordered two pairs for my wife and one for me. Hers are huge, no way close to the North American size.

Mine are fine. They don't scream high quality or high style, but I paid less than $40 for them.

Missus is unhappy though.
Last edited by RaidZero on Feb 22nd, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 18, 2015
146 posts
126 upvotes
Glad I found a pair in stores (thinking I'd be checking sizing) before ordering them because like everyone is saying the quality of the leather seems holy crap bad. Like MSRP $35-45 bad, thin as paper and brittle. Given the stated MSRP I at least expected leather as thick as you'd see on, I dunno, Chucks or something.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1443 posts
209 upvotes
They use UK sizing, for women it's almost two sizes different. You need to factor that in before ordering.
Jan 4, 2010
390 posts
226 upvotes
Waterloo
astrotrain wrote: The more I look at the pics the more they remind me of crappy Aldo boots, as most know Aldo shoes last if lucky a year. I still say the leather looks paper thin but still not even received shipment yet.
These can't compare to my Chippewas or even skechers
Docs last forever.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1986 posts
535 upvotes
Whitby
Last pair arrived today! Really happy with this pair....just have to pick up a good set of laces for them.

Jun 27, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
Got sent a refund today because the boots I ordered last week were out of stock. Didn't order anything else so I guess I miss out on the sale.
Jan 28, 2009
122 posts
34 upvotes
RaidZero wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 7:44 am
Ordered two pairs for my wife and one for me. Hers are huge, no way close to the North American size.

Mine are fine. They don't scream high quality or high style, but 8 laid less than $40 for them.

Missus is unhappy though.
Same thing happened to me! For men, you have to go down one size to convert from UK to US sizing. I did the same for my wife, but it turns out for women it's go down 2 sizes. So her boots are huge :( Also sucks there is no return/exchanges on sale items, but they clearly state that so the mishap is all on me.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1148 posts
638 upvotes
kryton619 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 3:24 pm
Last pair arrived today! Really happy with this pair....just have to pick up a good set of laces for them.

I wish they had the Made IN Englands left when I ordered.
May 17, 2005
254 posts
24 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got my daughter a size 5 UK (7 womens). They were huge on her even though she's usually a 7. I also have size 7 feet and they fit me perfectly as I have much wider feet than her, I guess it depends how much 'volume' you have in your heel/ankle - it's like buying ski boots. Guess she's out of luck, love my new docs! And for $80 I'm fine with the quality.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1072 posts
150 upvotes
I ordered two pairs of shoes and two pairs of boots and I have only received one pair of shoes and I haven't received a shipping notice for the other three pairs yet. I checked out the shoes I received after seeing the comment on scuffing above and one of the shoes looks like it has some marks on it . . .if they are seconds or it was known they are B quality then that should have been stated on their website. I paid 35 bucks for them so the price was excellent. They are easily worth 35 bucks but I hope the Made in England boots and the other three pairs I bought are in pristine condition . . .I bought a pair of the camo boots too!
Dec 29, 2014
128 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Their customer service notifications and follow ups really suck. I still haven't received a reply regarding the status of my second item.