• Dec 8th, 2020 2:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6902 posts
3499 upvotes

[UNIQLO] Roger Federer RF logo cap - $39.99

A little background: https://www.gq.com.au/style/news/roger- ... c857e6b81e

TL/DR: When Federer signed with Uniqlo in 2018, Nike wouldn't give up the RF logo to Federer even though his contact had expired. Fast forward almost 3 years, and Federer finally has his logo back, and it's a re-launch of his classic RF cap with Uniqlo. Cheaper than the Nike version too; believe those were selling for $59.99 retail.

The cap was launched today, and a lot of colours online are low in stock or sold out. You may have better luck in-store if your region isn't in lockdown. Uniqlo hasn't been the best in keeping up inventory for Federer's past items, so I don't know if there'll be a re-stock.

EDIT: The cap is basically sold out abroad. No stock at Uniqlo UK, Germany, Japan, Australia....
Last edited by Madchester on Dec 8th, 2020 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
22 replies
Jan 1, 2013
451 posts
320 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
$40 for a lid? Definitely RF and not RFD.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6902 posts
3499 upvotes
jetcap wrote: $40 for a lid? Definitely RF and not RFD.
Obviously a niche item, but I never bought the old $60 Nike cap because of the price. Current one is more accessible.

Colours selling out on launch day, kinda back that accessibility.
Mar 4, 2019
246 posts
132 upvotes
Montreal
it's Roger Federer, your majesty!!!
Say NO to Racism!
Nov 13, 2018
592 posts
1371 upvotes
I thought this forum was for deals?

Would this hat go well with my $1,790 Burberry t-shirt?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1661 posts
1041 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: I thought this forum was for deals?

Would this hat go well with my $1,790 Burberry t-shirt?
Roger Federer Deals, obviously...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6902 posts
3499 upvotes
Mods can move this to Expired Deals. Sold out online (as expected).

Good luck finding the cap in-stores.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7316 posts
287 upvotes
Scarborough
Argh...totally forgot about this and now OOS
Nov 29, 2019
3 posts
2 upvotes
I forgot about this til I saw your post, picked 2 up this morning. Thanks!
Jan 21, 2008
802 posts
29 upvotes
I do have my OG RF Nike but I was looking forward to this release. Does anyone know if this will be a mass produced hat or is this some limited drop?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14182 posts
7916 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Recognizable hat logo if you’re into tennis.

Dec 16, 2012
224 posts
109 upvotes
GTA
dondada83 wrote: I do have my OG RF Nike but I was looking forward to this release. Does anyone know if this will be a mass produced hat or is this some limited drop?
I think it will eventually be mass produced because Federer now owns it. He was sponsored by Nike before but after switching to Uniqlo, Nike held on to the RF logo until they sold remaining inventory. Sounds like that is done now and he can finally use the logo again (I don't think he's worn it in the past couple years either).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6902 posts
3499 upvotes
dondada83 wrote: I do have my OG RF Nike but I was looking forward to this release. Does anyone know if this will be a mass produced hat or is this some limited drop?
I see limited stock for the green and teal caps. Will probably sell out in minutes.

Uniqlo doesn't have the best track record of making their tennis/Federer apparel available.... so I'd just grab one now. (EDIT: just saw black and blue low in stock)

portraitofruin wrote: I think it will eventually be mass produced because Federer now owns it. He was sponsored by Nike before but after switching to Uniqlo, Nike held on to the RF logo until they sold remaining inventory. Sounds like that is done now and he can finally use the logo again (I don't think he's worn it in the past couple years either).
This reminds of the Kawhi situation where he wanted to used his Klaw logo with New Balance... but Nike wouldn't allow it.
Last edited by Madchester on Dec 8th, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3376 posts
2957 upvotes
Toronto
Madchester wrote: Mods can move this to Expired Deals. Sold out online (as expected).

Good luck finding the cap in-stores.
You have the power to expire your own thread.

"For the past few years OP's have been able to expire their own threads from Hot Deals using the expiry button (only visible if you're the OP)."
from un-expire-thread-2285053/#p31008132