Expired Hot Deals

[UNIQLO] Uniqlo Airsm Mask 【MADE IN CHINA】= $14.90 (sept 28th)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 10:47 am
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1983 posts
1664 upvotes
arestel wrote: My bad. Yeah if indeed OP is in Vancouver, allergy test may not be needed.
I'm in Toronto & air quality isn't that bad. That's why I suggested it. Sorry about that.
No it was a good post and with good intention :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9033 posts
53663 upvotes
Ontario
taco wrote: Any idea what time it’s restocking ?
sept 21 pst.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1983 posts
1664 upvotes
These fashion brands really aren't qualified to make masks. I feel they are more fashion than protective...

So bacteria is much larger than viruses.

Anything that is mostly ultra breathable / aka sports wear materials are most likely too large to filter viruses.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9033 posts
53663 upvotes
Ontario
renegadeavenger wrote: These fashion brands really aren't qualified to make masks. I feel they are more fashion than protective...

So bacteria is much larger than viruses.

Anything that is mostly ultra breathable / aka sports wear materials are most likely too large to filter viruses.
True since the sport brands like adidas or reeboks are just fabric mask. This Uniqlo is different. 3 layers plus filtration.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1036 posts
531 upvotes
Richmond
Thatdealguy wrote: I'm buying 4 of them.

1 for the tim horton lady (free upsize / donuts )
1 for the Telus guy ( Free simcard replacement + get the best internet deals)
1 for the Walmart guy ( free sim replacement for all carriers + $50 extra gc deals)
1 for the Rogers/Fido guy ( inside deals. no bs. process epp plans fasters)
You're gifting masks to retail workers? That's weird, dude.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1094 posts
2175 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Coz4k wrote: There is around 1034823523890582345 kinds and sorts of cloth masks selling everywhere right now.

There’s a higher degree of clinginess to some brands that has caused this stuff to be in high demand. Other than that, yes, you’re correct - this is yet another non-medical grade cloth mask amongst a million variants, likely all of which are made by just a handful of Chinese manufacturers.

Nothing wrong with people liking this one more than others.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9033 posts
53663 upvotes
Ontario
still nothing yet. Uniqlo USA is available for the same price $14.90 USD
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32589 posts
6360 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
skwan wrote: [...]Trying to get Made in Canada cloth masks that uses Canadian materials. Any recommendations?
The only masks I know made in Canada are the Tilley ones. But not the ones from Costco. Those are made in China. If you buy direct from Tilley’s website, they claim to be made at their factory Don Mills

https://www.tilley.com/ca_en/mk002-till ... dical.html

I am using the PKG masks, they are a Canadian company in Stouffvile but the masks are made in China. The reason why I like them is that they are three layers. You can also insert a PM2.5 filter inside for additional protection. The Tilley ones sold at Costco are also triple layers, but the outer layer is only 80 gsm (grams per square metre) cotton. The PKG one is 120 gsm

The best masks are the disposable ones. But they get expensive really quickly. I think the cloth masks with the PM2.5 is the best alternative. They say you can test how good a mask is by trying to blow out a candle. If you can blow it out, then you need to find a better mask
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 28th, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1084 posts
2179 upvotes
Yeah, I'll get masks from Canada after seeing that video of workers stepping on masks just to screw with them. I'm good.
Dec 12, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
I lived near the Tilleys, use to park his cars next to my place to walk his Dogs,
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4054 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
There's no add to cart button . Is it available to buy online yet?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1983 posts
1664 upvotes
I like how on official uniqlo site, states. This is a non medical grade mask. And does not prevent the transmission of diseases. Made out of originally underwear materials from uniqlo, what use is this mask if it doesn't protect yourself or others?

I have always been very skeptical with fashion companies in general entering mask markets.

I wish they did more studies especially when it comes to protective material that are labelled as breathable. Some materials actually make it even more worse for transmission.

Materials needs to be high thread count and tightly woven.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7588 posts
1085 upvotes
Toronto
renegadeavenger wrote: I like how on official uniqlo site, states. This is a non medical grade mask. And does not prevent the transmission of diseases. Made out of originally underwear materials from uniqlo, what use is this mask if it doesn't protect yourself or others?
Majority of mask sellers state the same to let consumers know these are not medical masks. They state this so they will not get sued if the wearer gets covid.

It is far better than no mask and a mask hat you can use to anywhere tgat requires a face covering.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13894 posts
3228 upvotes
I am curious why so many downvotes
Is it because the quality of the masks or is it because politics again?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13894 posts
3228 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: Yeah, I'll get masks from Canada after seeing that video of workers stepping on masks just to screw with them. I'm good.
U mean the clips from India?
And how would u know the one from Canada doesnt do that? Did they mention ‘we dont step on masks’ on their description?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)