Expired Hot Deals

[UNIQLO] Uniqlo Airsm Mask 【MADE IN CHINA】= $14.90 (sept 28th)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 10:47 am
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13634 posts
5175 upvotes
Toronto, ON
togekiss wrote: Excuse my ignorance, but where on the site does it say that it’s available on the 21st? All I see is “Available late Sep”
shikotee wrote: I'm also unclear where OP pulled the 21st from.
The website used to say the masks were going to be available online starting September 21. It was like that for a few weeks. But there's probably a delay as now it changed to "late September".
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9347 posts
57447 upvotes
Ontario
rvs007 wrote: The website used to say the masks were going to be available online starting September 21. It was like that for a few weeks. But there's probably a delay as now it changed to "late September".
Another delay. It was going to launch on the same day as the store (sept 3) then they changed it to later date.

The employees in the store said it will be available online on sept 21st.
LAST DAY TO APPLY FOR CERB RETROACTIVE PAYMENTS
Period 5-7 = apply on car or call 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041.
Period 1-4 = call 1-800-232-1966. make a case. submit your documents (tax 2019 tax returns/bank statements)
Jul 25, 2010
576 posts
397 upvotes
Vancouver
jetertmac wrote: Today is the 21st and the masks don't appear to be orderable.
We all probably missed the 30 seconds it was available and all sold out again
Dec 4, 2007
215 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My in-laws sent me a few of these L sized masks from Japan a few months ago, and I don't know if they are version 1 or 2, but I find them a bit hard to breath through and also fog up my glasses, when compared to the standard disposable blue surgical masks. That being said, the material definitely feels premium and I still use them for short shopping trips but for longer trips I would probably opt for the surgical masks.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1108 posts
2223 upvotes
kiasu wrote: U mean the clips from India?
And how would u know the one from Canada doesnt do that? Did they mention ‘we dont step on masks’ on their description?
There is a vested interest in people from Canada caring about their fellow citizens. There is zero incentive for wildly underpaid people to care about the integrity of products for Canadians. I guess that has always been true.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14175 posts
3328 upvotes
Price of a box of masks is getting to pre pandemic
Images
  • 19892CBE-EE16-428F-9F5C-5067180C1E45.jpeg
  • 1ED6BCEE-4F19-484C-B7F8-0E7A282C6D43.jpeg
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Oct 27, 2006
991 posts
244 upvotes
Gee wrote: The only masks I know made in Canada are the Tilley ones. But not the ones from Costco. Those are made in China. If you buy direct from Tilley’s website, they claim to be made at their factory Don Mills

https://www.tilley.com/ca_en/mk002-till ... dical.html

I am using the PKG masks, they are a Canadian company in Stouffvile but the masks are made in China. The reason why I like them is that they are three layers. You can also insert a PM2.5 filter inside for additional protection. The Tilley ones sold at Costco are also triple layers, but the outer layer is only 80 gsm (grams per square metre) cotton. The PKG one is 120 gsm

The best masks are the disposable ones. But they get expensive really quickly. I think the cloth masks with the PM2.5 is the best alternative. They say you can test how good a mask is by trying to blow out a candle. If you can blow it out, then you need to find a better mask
Is the fabric Canadian made fabric?
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5798 posts
1797 upvotes
t6lock wrote: You're gifting masks to retail workers? That's weird, dude.
Maybe he is friends with them.
May 17, 2017
362 posts
723 upvotes
Gee wrote: No idea

If it was Canadian fabric, but weaved by Chinese people, would that bother you?
-sent from my ipad
Oct 27, 2006
991 posts
244 upvotes
Gee wrote: No idea

If it was Canadian fabric, but weaved by Chinese people, would that bother you?
Nope. Our railways are constructed by the Chinese. As long as the material is Canadian made, I'm fine
Can't really trust the material coming out of China. Just look at how many masks were sent back since they didn't meet standards
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4103 posts
2253 upvotes
Toronto
skwan wrote: Nope. Our railways are constructed by the Chinese. As long as the material is Canadian made, I'm fine
Can't really trust the material coming out of China. Just look at how many masks were sent back since they didn't meet standards
Am I reading you right - are you actually referencing the building of the Pacific railway from the 1880's?
So what you in fact are saying is, so long as the materials are Canadian, and the workforce is a slave-force that has zero rights and is exploited to the point of death.
This is your gold standard?
Oct 27, 2006
991 posts
244 upvotes
shikotee wrote: Am I reading you right - are you actually referencing the building of the Pacific railway from the 1880's?
So what you in fact are saying is, so long as the materials are Canadian, and the workforce is a slave-force that has zero rights and is exploited to the point of death.
This is your gold standard?
Nope. Not saying slave force but from what I know, don't really think I can support much of things made in China anymore. Everything is a spin off of something. Can't really trust things coming out of there. Yes I am Chinese, but no offense, just don't really trust material made from there. That's all. Nothing to do with slave force. That was my only point.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32933 posts
6536 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
skwan wrote: just don't really trust material made from there.
Almost everything is made in China, and it is simple. The more it costs, the better the quality.

You think silk is cheap?
Oct 27, 2006
991 posts
244 upvotes
Gee wrote: Almost everything is made in China, and it is simple. The more it costs, the better the quality.

You think silk is cheap?
I doubt almost everything is made in China. Look through your clothes, not everything is. Sure, maybe 80%, but still wouldn't vouche for things made from there. It's about whether the source is trustworthy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)