[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3860 posts
1713 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Universal or DisneyWorld tickets?

Hey all,

Anywhere to get discount tickets for these places?

Tia
19 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3860 posts
1713 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks.

Going for a 3 day weekend and looking to check out both parks.

Planning on doing 2 days universal, and just 1 at Disney.

Obviously we won't be able to do 1/10 of the stuff there. But the gf just wants to see the Castle and magic mountain

Any good hotels anyone recommends?

Tia
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5256 posts
1324 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't think you'll find discounts on single day tickets. For 2 day tickets, you might be able to save a few dollars per day. Neither Disney nor Universal offer significant discounts. If you want to save some money for Universal, skip the "Park-to-Park" tickets and just go to one park on one day and the other one on the 2nd day.

As an aside, personally, we pretty much never go to parks on consecutive days if I was going for 3 days, I would only do 2 days of parks.

As far as good hotels, there are thousands of choice but if it was me, I'd just look for an AirBnb place. You should be able to find something under $100/night very easily except maybe at Xmas or July.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6648 posts
5653 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote: Thanks.

Going for a 3 day weekend and looking to check out both parks.

Planning on doing 2 days universal, and just 1 at Disney.

Obviously we won't be able to do 1/10 of the stuff there. But the gf just wants to see the Castle and magic mountain

Any good hotels anyone recommends?

Tia
Magic mountain?

https://www.magicmountain.ca/
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
91 posts
135 upvotes
Having been to Universal Studios in LA twice, two days is overkill. My advice, if in your budget, get the Express Pass. Some lines otherwise can be 45 minutes long, where the Pass gets you in within 3 minutes.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24519 posts
1731 upvotes
Markham, ON
DietCokeSquad wrote: Having been to Universal Studios in LA twice, two days is overkill. My advice, if in your budget, get the Express Pass. Some lines otherwise can be 45 minutes long, where the Pass gets you in within 3 minutes.
Universal in Orlando is bigger...twice the size as LA. It is doable in one day if you skip the roller coasters and just spend 3/4 at both the HP areas, and in low season.

Yolo...and dont try those cheap tix on kijiji...scams...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32095 posts
17952 upvotes
Ottawa
1 full day in Universal Orlando is plenty...provided there are no kids to drag around!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6928 posts
4093 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DietCokeSquad wrote: Having been to Universal Studios in LA twice, two days is overkill. My advice, if in your budget, get the Express Pass. Some lines otherwise can be 45 minutes long, where the Pass gets you in within 3 minutes.
Universal in Florida is a whole different ball game, with a lot more to it. I've been to both.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3860 posts
1713 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So should we do 2 days in Disney and 1 in Universal?

GF has been before as she loves HP, i went to disney as a baby ( aka 30+ years ago)

No kids, just us 2, and we will pay for express passes (if they exist)

Isn't Disney to.... kiddie?
Nov 26, 2012
202 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
There's really no deals for 1 or 2 day passes. You might save a few dollars at Undercover Tourist but that's about it. I would still buy online as there's always a line to buy tickets in person which I don't understand. If someone has the money to go to these places, I assume they'd have a CC and online access...

If you plan to have the full Harry Potter experience, I feel you need 2 days to do both parks at Universal. Since your GF has been before, you might be able to swing 1 day with park hopping to get everything in. I find most HP fans would need two days. If you go during low season, you don't really need the express pass unless you really love rides and want to go on them over and over again. I find splitting up and going in the single rider line was fine. Half the time, we were together anyways. You absolutely need express pass during peak season.

One day at Disney is like an appetizer. lol. But I think it's nice to just soak in the atmosphere. It's for kids but it's still fun for adults. I actually really enjoyed Disney Springs. That's the public retail/restaurant area. It has some decent Disney decor and really nice restaurants.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1918 posts
353 upvotes
St. Johns
JRGUINNESS wrote: So should we do 2 days in Disney and 1 in Universal?

GF has been before as she loves HP, i went to disney as a baby ( aka 30+ years ago)

No kids, just us 2, and we will pay for express passes (if they exist)

I go to Disney every year with no kids. While there are obviously things geared towards young kids, adults can definitely have a good time without kids. In fact, you would be shocked at how many adults visit disney without kids.

Disney is an immersive experience and they do such an amazing job. We love the restaurants all over disney world, and we never get tired of visiting the parks.

I liked Universal but it simply doesn't compare to the detail and attention the Disney produces. The only exception being HP World which is on par with Disney.

We typically do at least 6 days at disney parks on our trips ( 2 days at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 AK and 1 HS).

If I were going for two days I'd spend one at MK and the other at Epcot.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6928 posts
4093 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
JRGUINNESS wrote:

Absolutely not. It has something for everyone. Not too kiddie at all. Hubby and I go every year (no kids). Love it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3860 posts
1713 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Really appreciate all the help everyone.

And sorry for all the q and a.

Haha, we are excited, and want to pick everyone brain.

We are going March 22 - 25. So the calendar says it's midpeak.

So we are thinking:

22 - arrive at night
23 - full day universal
24 - full day WDW
25 - 3/4 day WDW, flying back at 11pm