Oct 23, 2007
2173 posts
719 upvotes
London

Universal Studios Orlando: Buy 2 Days, Get 2 Free

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Universal Studios
Just noticed Universal Studios Orlando now has a new ticket promo on their 2-day tickets, either 1 park per day, park-to-park or their 3-park tickets.

Get 2 additional days with any ticket. Park-to-park allows you to use both Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure in a single day (use of Hogwarts Express included between parks). 1-park tickets allow you the use of either Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure per day (not both). The 3-park tickets allow you the use of their Volcano Bay waterpark.

Base: 1 park per day; volcano bay excluded
Park-to-park: use both parks per day; volcano bay excluded
3-Park: Use of both theme parks and volcano bay per day.

Fine print:

The 2-Park 4-Day Promo Park-to-Park Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to BOTH Universal Studios Florida™ AND Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ theme parks on the same day. Ticket is valid for any four (4) calendar days during a seven (7) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. This ticket also includes seven (7) consecutive calendar days of admission to select live entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk™ which commences and includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. Toreceive full benefit of the ticket entitlements, first use of this ticket must be on or before May 28, 2019. All ticketusage must be completed on or before May 31, 2019 when the ticket will expire in full. BLOCKOUT DATESDecember 26 through and including December 31, 2018 will apply to this ticket. Unused days will be forfeited. This ticket will be sold only within the U.S. and Canada between September 14, 2018 and March 14, 2019.
29 replies
Aug 10, 2010
211 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary
I bought my tickets a few days ago from www.loveorlandotickets.ca for slightly cheaper than the deal straight from Universal.

I was comparing Universal, Undercover tourist and loveorlando. After FX conversion on my credit card, the deal in CAD$ from loveorlando was just slightly better. If you have a card that has no FX charges (Stack) then you are probably better from the US sites. The prices on LoveOrlando and Undercover Tourist have been pretty static over the past few months I've been watching. This deal just makes Universal comparable.
Jul 4, 2017
53 posts
74 upvotes
Next time I buy tickets I'm gonna post on this forum before to make sure everyone waits a bit. Seems like a week or 2 after I buy there's always a deal. Happened with Disney a month ago and now with Universal this week :)

Universal rarely has these kind of deals, I have a feeling they didn't sell enough tickets for Christmas time - which probably means better crowd levels too.
Jan 1, 2013
344 posts
162 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
I go to Orlando every 5 years or so and it always amazes me how much $$ Parks are every time. I always think they've reached a ceiling and then prices go higher. Remember when Universal was a cheap, or at least cheaper, alternative to Disney. That being said, thanks OP
Sep 8, 2006
615 posts
333 upvotes
Edmonton
How many days do you need for Universals Studios? 4 days seems a bit long?
Mar 9, 2011
229 posts
35 upvotes
Coquitlam
Am planning to go this winter break with my wife and parents. This comes at a good time; I haven't been to USO for a loooong time so I'm wondering how many days should I spend there?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9987 posts
15692 upvotes
Scarborough
Simby wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 11:03 am
I'd say 3-4 days is a good amount for most people. You can probably do everything you want in 2 days but you'll be rushing around. If you enjoy a more leisurely pace to your visit 3-4 will definitely allow for that. Check out the website and see what you want to do. If you're not into the big thrill rides, that'll significantly reduce the amount of time you need at the parks since they typically have the longest lines.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Aug 10, 2010
211 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 11:27 am
I'd say 3-4 days is a good amount for most people. You can probably do everything you want in 2 days but you'll be rushing around. If you enjoy a more leisurely pace to your visit 3-4 will definitely allow for that. Check out the website and see what you want to do. If you're not into the big thrill rides, that'll significantly reduce the amount of time you need at the parks since they typically have the longest lines.
I bought 3 day tickets and we also have 4 day Disney tickets for a 9 day trip. I'm planning on avoiding all parks on the weekends when we go in about a months time too.

I'm aiming for 2 days Universal for sure, with the option of an evening or half day to use the 3rd day of my ticket. It was going to cost $50 (total) more for 3 of us to get a 4th day, but it felt like a stretch to get that 4th day in, even as a partial day, so I saved my $50. In reality after parking, snacks etc the $50 would jump up!

I've been twice before to Universal and done both parks easily in 2 days first time and 1 day 2nd time. The 2nd time was after a business trip and I was by myself and flew around the parks in single rider lines, was awesome! All in I'd say 4 days is a bit much, unless you are going to go at super busy times or at a really leisurely pace.

As noted in my first post - this deal just makes Universal comparable to what's been offered on other sites by my reckoning, it's also only good if you're going to use 4 days. Obviously don't buy the 4th day unless you plan on using it, saves a few $$ and buy a 2 or 3 day ticket elsewhere.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9987 posts
15692 upvotes
Scarborough
Hobbess wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 11:39 am
I bought 3 day tickets and we also have 4 day Disney tickets for a 9 day trip. I'm planning on avoiding all parks on the weekends when we go in about a months time too.

I'm aiming for 2 days Universal for sure, with the option of an evening or half day to use the 3rd day of my ticket. It was going to cost $50 (total) more for 3 of us to get a 4th day, but it felt like a stretch to get that 4th day in, even as a partial day, so I saved my $50. In reality after parking, snacks etc the $50 would jump up!

I've been twice before to Universal and done both parks easily in 2 days first time and 1 day 2nd time. The 2nd time was after a business trip and I was by myself and flew around the parks in single rider lines, was awesome! All in I'd say 4 days is a bit much, unless you are going to go at super busy times or at a really leisurely pace.

As noted in my first post - this deal just makes Universal comparable to what's been offered on other sites by my reckoning, it's also only good if you're going to use 4 days. Obviously don't buy the 4th day unless you plan on using it, saves a few $$ and buy a 2 or 3 day ticket elsewhere.
There's definitely a lot to consider but if you were planning on buying a 2-day ticket or 4-day ticket, this is a no brainer buy. You'll either get extra days (whether you'll use them or not is another question) or save some money.

I went twice this year and did 2-day and 1-day visits. The 2-day visit was good and we managed to do everything we wanted to. We didn't get all of what we wanted to do on our 1-day visit and we were hustling around. I think 3-days would be perfect however I wouldn't say no to a 4th day if it were free. I wouldn't need any more than that.
Jan 6, 2013
518 posts
43 upvotes
WATERLOO
If only there was a way to turn the two extra days into one park hopper to ride the hogwarts express. Not worth spending the extra money just to ride it... four days is a bit much. Wish Disney has buy 2 get 2
Aug 10, 2010
211 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary
Some numbers, using FX at 1.34, all numbers are inclusive of Tax and in CAD$:

Universal - 2-4 days - $378
Undercover Tourist - 2-4 days - $363
Loverorlandotickets.ca - 2 days = $336, 3 days = $355, 4 days = $372

If you're going for less than 4 days, buy from loveorlando. If you're going for a 4th day, buy from Undercover tourist. The 2 days aren't really free, as noted by my choice, it was cheaper to buy 3 days specifically than 2+2 (not by much, but enough).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2173 posts
719 upvotes
London
Simby wrote:
Keep in mind there are two theme parks, so at minimum a day each of you want to see it all, and that's with lowish crowd levels.

This promo comes at a perfect time for us, we're heading there end of Nov for 3.5 days. We'll be able to spend everyday in a park if we want.
Jan 1, 2013
344 posts
162 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
Hobbess wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 11:39 am
I'm planning on avoiding all parks on the weekends when we go in about a months time too.
I've been told on more than one occasion that weekends are actually a good time to go as most travelers typically stay from Saturday to Saturday and don't typically start going to parks until Monday and later. How true this is, not really sure, makes sense but haven't really been able to detect a true difference in my few visits there.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9987 posts
15692 upvotes
Scarborough
jetcap wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 12:46 pm
I've been told on more than one occasion that weekends are actually a good time to go as most travelers typically stay from Saturday to Saturday and don't typically start going to parks until Monday and later. How true this is, not really sure, makes sense but haven't really been able to detect a true difference in my few visits there.
It's hit or miss on what day of the week to visit. Weekends will always have more local visitors though because that's when most are off work and Florida resident passes are cheap so a lot of people have them.
Aug 26, 2018
301 posts
239 upvotes
Simby wrote:
4 days is not enough IMO.

It's been ages since I've been, but IMO if you're gonna make your way that far to FL with the flight tickets and all, then it's best to truly experience the entire park because you're not gonna make that trip very often in your life.

Don't forget to go to Disney World as well and spend another week there too. Bare minimum you need 2 weeks just as an all theme park trip. Gonna be expensive though but you might as well if you're gonna go at all. Otherwise I'd just save the money and stay at home and eat out.