• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2018 10:41 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2616 posts
1112 upvotes
Simby wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 11:03 am
How many days do you need for Universals Studios? 4 days seems a bit long?
Three was perfect for my daughter and I. One day at each park and then an extra day to redo a bunch of rides. spent a chunk of the time in potter world and way to much time on gut wrenching rides. Rip Ride Rockit should be avoided at all costs. My neck still hurtsGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes. Adding that we mostly did single ride lines when possible to speed the process up. This trip was about maximizing extreme ride time. Luckily I was allowed down time in Potter World.
Jan 1, 2008
101 posts
29 upvotes
Any hotel deals / suggestions to tag along this Buy 2 Get 2 free?
Would be in Orlando January 13th (or 14th) to 19th , with 3-4 days at Universals and the balance at Disney.
Thanks!
Mar 14, 2016
88 posts
82 upvotes
Ontario
I was there about a month ago. 1 day per park is more than enough. We got to the park around 10 AM, covered 'ALL' the rides (using Single Rider Lines though) and still had time to spare around evening. More than a day is an overkill IMO.
Qui Tacet Consentire Videtur
Sep 10, 2008
569 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
We bought this 2day + 2day free, park-to-park tickets last year and I would say it's about perfectly enough so you're not rushing. If you're a Potter fan, I suggest the park-to-park tickets to ride the train(Hogwarts Express) to get between the 2 parks(Universal Studios/Island of Adventure.).

We spent the late afternoons/evenings at Volcano bay to relax after the all walking/rides at Universal Studios/Island of Adventure.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2273 posts
839 upvotes
London
plsavaria wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 3:44 pm
Any hotel deals / suggestions to tag along this Buy 2 Get 2 free?
Would be in Orlando January 13th (or 14th) to 19th , with 3-4 days at Universals and the balance at Disney.
Thanks!
One of the things holding me back from this deal is actually getting a seasonal annual pass, which is $285 for adult but it gives you 25% off hotel rates at universal.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11966 posts
22120 upvotes
Scarborough
tickyboy wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 5:46 pm
One of the things holding me back from this deal is actually getting a seasonal annual pass, which is $285 for adult but it gives you 25% off hotel rates at universal.
A good problem to have! If you think you'll be down twice the AP will definitely be worth it. $285 while only losing July and Christmastime isn't bad at all.

I might've benefitted from a Disney World annual pass this year had I known how often I was going to go down.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2273 posts
839 upvotes
London
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 6:23 pm
A good problem to have! If you think you'll be down twice the AP will definitely be worth it. $285 while only losing July and Christmastime isn't bad at all.

I might've benefitted from a Disney World annual pass this year had I known how often I was going to go down.
That's the only holdback; the return trip. I'd save $100 off my hotel for our upcoming trip but after that no plans, not that something can't be easily planned.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2273 posts
839 upvotes
London
I notice these are now available on expedia.ca so you don't have to worry about conversion fees.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1962 posts
443 upvotes
Ontario
4 days is too much, Don't forget its around $20 USD to park plus really expensive food for 4 days.
Oct 5, 2016
46 posts
15 upvotes
Is it possible to transfer or sell the "free" days?
Sep 10, 2009
678 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
What's the best deal for 1-day park-to-park? time constraint. undercover tourist etc. are more than the website.
Jul 23, 2011
267 posts
152 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
webshark wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 1:02 pm
4 days is too much, Don't forget its around $20 USD to park plus really expensive food for 4 days.
Just finished our 4th day, it was awesome! Spent 2 days at volcano bay and 2 days at the parks. It was perfect amount of time.
Its $25 us to park a day and we brought snacks and water with us and went for supper after outside Universal.